|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did they go after their time on the mountain?
2. What did Twain say women wore too much of at Scandal Point?
(b) Make up.
3. What country was Durban in?
(d) South Africa.
4. What confused Twain about Manuel?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His bad manners.
(c) His French accent.
(d) His Spanish name.
5. What did Twain say was the best tropical location?
(a) The Mauritius islands.
(b) The Fiji islands.
(c) The sandwhich islands.
(d) The carribbean islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal from the mountain did Twain describe in detail?
2. Why did Twain not see everything he wanted in Calcutta?
3. What kind of people did they see on the cliff?
4. What was Ochterlony?
5. What did the Twains have to buy to travel away from India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
2. Who were the Thuggees, and how did Twain know about them?
3. What was locked up in Indian Palaces, and what did Twain think about that?
4. What did the people in Benares use the river for and why?
5. What did Twain say about Government House?
6. How did Twain describe the river in Benares?
7. What did Twain find interesting about his ship to Mauritius?
8. What did Twain have to do to get sleeping compartments on the train?
9. How did Twain describe the Taj Mahal?
10. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)