|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people did they see on the cliff?
2. What did Twain visit in La Trappe?
(a) A museum.
(b) A battlefield site.
(c) A monestary.
(d) A castle.
3. Where did Twain spend New Year's?
4. What did Twain say was the main difference between an Indian boy and an American boy?
(d) Rest time.
5. What did Twain get sick with in India?
(a) A bronchial cough.
(b) A venerial disease.
(c) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural disaster damaged Port Louis?
2. Where did Twain stay in Darjeeling?
3. Where did Twain lecture in Baroda?
4. How did Twain describe Jeypore?
5. What was good in Jeyppore that was not in most of India?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain and his family do while traveling through the mountains?
2. Why did Twain go to Baroda?
3. What did Twain say about Government House?
4. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
5. What did the people in Benares use the river for and why?
6. What did Twain like visiting in Benares?
7. What animals in India was Britain trying to control and why?
8. Why did Twain dismiss Manuel?
9. Why did Twain not see all he wanted in Calcutta?
10. What did Twain have to do to get sleeping compartments on the train?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)