|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did they spend hiking in the mountains?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 days.
2. What animal did Twain ride in Baroda?
3. Where did Twain stay in Darjeeling?
(a) A train station.
(b) A palace.
(c) A flat.
(d) A hotel.
4. What cliff did they view while in the mountains?
(a) Gallivan Cliff.
(b) Gladstone Cliff.
(c) Gammington Cliff.
(d) Gaulston Cliff.
5. What country was Durban in?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain get sick with in India?
2. How long was the layover on the way to Benares?
3. What did Twain say was the main difference between an Indian boy and an American boy?
4. How did Twain feel about riding the animal in Baroda?
5. What was Manuel's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain do during his layover on the way to Benares?
2. How did Twain describe the average day for an Indian child?
3. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
4. Why did Twain dismiss Manuel?
5. How did Twain describe the Taj Mahal?
6. What was Twain surprised by when he got to Port Louis?
7. What was The Great Mutiny?
8. What disappointed Twain about his trip to Baroda?
9. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
10. What did the people in Benares use the river for and why?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)