|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain feel about riding the animal in Baroda?
2. What did Twain miss seeing in Baroda?
(a) The snake charmers.
(b) The crown jewels.
(c) The Maharajah.
(d) The palace.
3. How long did they spend hiking in the mountains?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 4 days.
4. Who captured Ramzam?
(a) The British.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Australians.
(d) The Americans.
5. What kind of temples were in Benares?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain say the law closely followed in Port Louis?
2. What dangerous animal was attacking people in India?
3. What did the Calcutta countryside remind Twain of?
4. What month did Twain leave Calcutta?
5. What did Twain use for transportation in India after seeing the Taj Mahal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Twain dismiss Manuel?
2. Who was Ramzam and what happened to him?
3. What did the people in Benares use the river for and why?
4. Who was Jameson, and what did he do?
5. How did Twain describe the river in Benares?
6. What animals in India was Britain trying to control and why?
7. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
8. How did Twain describe the Taj Mahal?
9. What was Twain surprised by when he got to Port Louis?
10. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)