|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did most Indians speak?
2. Where did Twain lecture in Baroda?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The palace.
(c) The town square.
(d) The library.
3. What did Twain miss seeing in Baroda?
(a) The crown jewels.
(b) The snake charmers.
(c) The palace.
(d) The Maharajah.
4. Who captured Ramzam?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The British.
(d) The Australians.
5. Who did Ramzam work for?
(a) A dark priest.
(b) The prince.
(c) A Rajah.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of temples were in Benares?
2. What were Indian villages made of?
3. What Hindu ceremony did Twain get to see?
4. What country was Durban in?
5. Where did they go after their time on the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain find interesting about his ship to Mauritius?
2. What did Twain do during his layover on the way to Benares?
3. Why did Twain not see all he wanted in Calcutta?
4. What animals in India was Britain trying to control and why?
5. What did Twain like visiting in Benares?
6. What was The Great Mutiny?
7. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
8. What did Twain say about Government House?
9. What did Twain do to pass the time while sailing to Africa?
10. Who was Jameson, and what did he do?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)