|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain travel to on the Rosetta?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. What animal from the mountain did Twain describe in detail?
3. How long did they spend hiking in the mountains?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. How did Twain feel about riding the animal in Baroda?
5. What did Indian children have little time for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river ran through Benares?
2. How long did Twain stay in Madras?
3. Why did Twain not see everything he wanted in Calcutta?
4. What natural disaster damaged Port Louis?
5. What did Twain say was the main difference between an Indian boy and an American boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Jameson, and what did he do?
2. What did Twain do to pass the time while sailing to Africa?
3. How did Twain describe Mauritius?
4. Who controlled Mauritius, and how was the island affected?
5. How did Twain describe the river in Benares?
6. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
7. How did Twain describe the average day for an Indian child?
8. What was the Black Hole, and what was it famous for?
9. Why did Twain not see all he wanted in Calcutta?
10. What did Twain have to do to get sleeping compartments on the train?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)