|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain have trouble doing on trains?
(d) All of these.
2. How long did Twain stay in Madras?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 week.
3. How did Twain get to Allhallabad?
4. Why did the people in Benares bathe in the river?
(a) They thought it was holy.
(b) They liked bathing together.
(c) They had seen miracles happen there.
(d) They had no other water source.
5. What did prisoners have to fight for in the Black Hole?
(a) Their water.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their lives.
(d) Their cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain travel to Baroda?
2. What ocean was Mauritius on the shore of?
3. What language did most Indians speak?
4. What natural disaster damaged Port Louis?
5. What did Twain love about Berea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain describe the average day for an Indian child?
2. What did Twain do to pass the time while sailing to Africa?
3. What was Twain surprised by when he got to Port Louis?
4. What did Twain's family really love about India?
5. What was The Great Mutiny?
6. What happened to Suttee widows?
7. Who were the Boers, and what did they do?
8. What disappointed Twain about his trip to Baroda?
9. What did the people in Benares use the river for and why?
10. What did Twain find interesting about his ship to Mauritius?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)