|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Australian government pay bounties for?
(a) Run-away orphans.
(b) Captured criminals.
(c) Dead sharks.
(d) Slave traders.
2. Who was in Australia before the British arrived?
(a) The natives.
(b) The vikings.
(c) The trappers.
(d) The aboriginals.
3. Where did Twain learn about Sir Roger?
4. How long was the train trip to Adelaid?
(a) 17 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 14 hours.
5. What movement did Twain say was making great progress in America?
(b) The Revolution.
(c) Women's suffrage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of embellishments were seen in Sydney?
2. What were playing in the water off the shore of Sydney?
3. How many members were in the club at Corrigan Castle?
4. How did Twain describe the captain?
5. What was the person pretending to be Sir Roger put on trial for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the first major industries in Australia?
2. How did Twain describe the Flora?
3. What did Twain first see when he landed at Australia?
4. What did Twain talk to a missionary about from India?
5. Who was Mr. Blank, and how did Twain feel about him?
6. Why didn't Twain get to see much of Tasmania?
7. What animal was introduced to New Zealand?
8. What was the story of Sir Roger?
9. How was Australia founded?
10. What did Twain do with a list of Australian town names?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)