|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in Australia before the British arrived?
(a) The trappers.
(b) The vikings.
(c) The aboriginals.
(d) The natives.
2. What was Twain doing on this trip?
(a) Giving lectures.
(c) Promoting his books.
(d) Writing books.
3. What movement did Twain say was making great progress in America?
(a) Women's suffrage.
(b) The Revolution.
4. Where did Twain go after leaving Wauganu?
5. Where was the purser from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Englishman on the ship from?
2. What country had ceded the islands that Twain saw in September?
3. Where was the missionary from who Twain talked to in Sydney?
4. What was eliminated from Tasmania in the 1800s?
5. What was used as currency in Australia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Twain not able to tour Honolulu?
2. What was unique about South Australia?
3. How did Twain win a watch while on the ship?
4. What did Twain like to discuss with others at dinnertime on the ship?
5. What did Twain do in Christchurch?
6. What did the crew do four days out of Victoria and why?
7. Why did Twain like talking to the Englishman on the ship?
8. What was the story of Sir Roger?
9. How did Twain describe Melbourne?
10. What was produced in Stawell?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)