|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was eliminated from Tasmania in the 1800s?
2. In what train car did Twain meet two interesting men in Australia?
(a) The fuel car.
(b) The smoking car.
(c) The luggage car.
(d) The dining car.
3. What kind of people were sent to Tasmania?
4. What was the Flora?
(a) A horse.
(b) A river.
(c) A ship.
(d) A church.
5. What was a weet-weet?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bird.
(d) A kind of mortar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain discuss with the two interesting men he met on a train in Australia?
2. What was Wawn's title?
3. What did Twain say Australia was rich in?
4. What was raised in Horsham?
5. What freedom was big in South Australia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Australia founded?
2. How did Twain describe the Flora?
3. What did Twain first see when he landed at Australia?
4. Who was Mr. Blank, and how did Twain feel about him?
5. What did Twain talk to a missionary about from India?
6. Why did Twain like talking to the Englishman on the ship?
7. What did Twain do with a list of Australian town names?
8. What was a weet-weet?
9. What was the story of Sir Roger?
10. What did Twain like to discuss with others at dinnertime on the ship?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)