|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in Australia before the British arrived?
(a) The natives.
(b) The trappers.
(c) The aboriginals.
(d) The vikings.
2. What kind of club was held in Corrigan Castle?
(a) A Hunting Club.
(b) A Mark Twain Club.
(c) A Book Critiquing Club.
(d) A Book Writer's Club.
3. What were playing in the water off the shore of Sydney?
(c) Flying fish.
4. What mistake had the captain made with another ship?
(a) He sailed it into the rocks.
(b) He over-booked it.
(c) He went on the wrong course.
(d) He ran out of fuel.
5. What did the purser do that bothered Twain?
(a) Laughed about everything.
(b) Drank too much.
(c) Cursed in front of women.
(d) Stared at his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain discuss with the two interesting men he met on a train in Australia?
2. What did people like to hunt in Australia?
3. How did Twain describe the capital of Tasmania?
4. What country had ceded the islands that Twain saw in September?
5. What movement did Twain say was making great progress in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain describe the Flora?
2. What kind of hunt did Twain watch, and how did he feel about it?
3. What did the Maharajah do to provide entertainment on the ship?
4. What animal was introduced to New Zealand?
5. What did the crew do four days out of Victoria and why?
6. Why didn't Twain get to see much of Tasmania?
7. What did Twain discuss with two men on a train in Australia?
8. How did Twain learn about New Zealand before visiting there?
9. What did Twain talk about when he docked at Suva?
10. What happened in Ballaratt, and what did this cause?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)