|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was the British government trying to control in India?
(d) Tree frogs.
2. Where did Twain spend New Year's?
3. What did Twain say Port Louis was a combination of?
(a) Farm and wilderness.
(b) Park and garden.
(c) Gentility and wildness.
(d) Custom and order.
4. What did Twain say was the best tropical location?
(a) The carribbean islands.
(b) The Mauritius islands.
(c) The Fiji islands.
(d) The sandwhich islands.
5. What kind of place did Twain stay in while in Mauritius?
(a) A mansion.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A castle.
(d) A hotel.
6. What river ran through Benares?
(a) The Danube River.
(b) The Seine River.
(c) The Nile River.
(d) The Ganges River.
7. Where did Twain stay in Darjeeling?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A train station.
(c) A palace.
(d) A flat.
8. How long did they spend hiking in the mountains?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
9. Why did Twain not see everything he wanted in Calcutta?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He had to get to a lecture site.
(c) They ran out of money.
(d) They didn't have enough time.
10. What did Twain miss seeing in Baroda?
(a) The snake charmers.
(b) The Maharajah.
(c) The crown jewels.
(d) The palace.
11. Where did Twain spend Christmas?
12. What did the Calcutta countryside remind Twain of?
13. Who did Twain lecture to in Baroda?
(a) The chief judge.
(b) The prince.
(c) The princess.
(d) The women's council.
14. What did prisoners have to fight for in the Black Hole?
(a) Their lives.
(b) Their water.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their cells.
15. How long was the layover on the way to Benares?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ramzam work for?
2. Why was the person in India murdered?
3. What was the name of the ship Twain took to Ceylon?
4. How did Twain get to Mauritius?
5. What dangerous animal was attacking people in India?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)