|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was the British government trying to control in India?
(d) Tree frogs.
2. What God did Twain see in Chapter LIII?
3. Why did Twain not see everything he wanted in Calcutta?
(a) They ran out of money.
(b) He was sick.
(c) He had to get to a lecture site.
(d) They didn't have enough time.
4. What confused Twain about Manuel?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His French accent.
(c) His bad manners.
(d) His Spanish name.
5. What Hindu ceremony did Twain get to see?
6. What did Sir Colin Campbell lead?
(a) The Great Mutiny.
(b) The March of Men.
(c) The Protest of Rights.
(d) The Rebel's March.
7. How did Twain describe the water in the river that ran through Benares?
(d) Crystal Clear.
8. What did Twain miss seeing in Baroda?
(a) The palace.
(b) The crown jewels.
(c) The snake charmers.
(d) The Maharajah.
9. What happened a year after Twain visited India?
(a) A fire.
(b) A flood.
(c) A plague.
(d) A famine.
10. What was Ochterlony?
(a) A mosque.
(b) A temple.
(c) A statue.
(d) A monument.
11. What dangerous animal was attacking people in India?
12. What did the Twains have to buy to travel away from India?
(a) Custom identification.
(b) New clothing.
13. What was good in Jeyppore that was not in most of India?
(a) The produce.
(b) The sanitation.
(c) The currency trade.
(d) The roads.
14. What did prisoners have to fight for in the Black Hole?
(a) Their food.
(b) Their lives.
(c) Their water.
(d) Their cells.
15. How many men followed Jameson on his first invasion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did most Indians speak?
2. What surrounded Jeypore?
3. Where did Twain spend New Year's?
4. What compartments would servants hold for their masters on trains?
5. How did Twain describe Ceylon?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)