|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the person in India murdered?
(a) For her jewelry.
(b) She was mistaken for someone else.
(c) Because she had an affair.
(d) He betrayed his family.
2. What country was Durban in?
(d) South Africa.
3. What was the name of the ship Twain took to Ceylon?
4. What kind of temples were in Benares?
5. What confused Twain about Manuel?
(a) His French accent.
(b) His bad manners.
(c) His Spanish name.
(d) His clothing.
6. What Hindu ceremony did Twain get to see?
7. How long did Twain stay in Madras?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 day.
8. What were Indian villages made of?
9. How long was the layover on the way to Benares?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
10. Who captured Ramzam?
(a) The Australians.
(b) The British.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Egyptians.
11. What kind of place did Twain stay in while in Mauritius?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A castle.
(d) A mansion.
12. What did the Twains have to buy to travel away from India?
(a) New clothing.
(d) Custom identification.
13. What hotel did Twain stay in at Ceylon?
14. What did the Thuggees enjoy doing?
15. Who did Ramzam work for?
(a) A Rajah.
(b) The prince.
(c) A dark priest.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men followed Jameson on his first invasion?
2. Where did they go after their time on the mountain?
3. What did Twain say was the best tropical location?
4. How long did they spend hiking in the mountains?
5. What did Sir Colin Campbell lead?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)