|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain get to Mauritius?
(a) They took a train.
(b) They sailed on a ship.
(c) They rode on a carriage.
(d) They walked on foot.
2. What did Twain compare the Taj Mahal to?
(a) The White House.
(c) Niagara Falls.
(d) The Empire State Building.
3. Why did the people in Benares bathe in the river?
(a) They had seen miracles happen there.
(b) They had no other water source.
(c) They liked bathing together.
(d) They thought it was holy.
4. What language did most Indians speak?
5. What kind of town did Twain say Durban was?
6. What were Indian villages made of?
7. How did Twain feel about riding the animal in Baroda?
8. How did Twain travel to Baroda?
9. What did Sir Colin Campbell lead?
(a) The March of Men.
(b) The Protest of Rights.
(c) The Rebel's March.
(d) The Great Mutiny.
10. What was the name of the ship Twain took to Ceylon?
11. What dangerous animal was attacking people in India?
12. What did Twain say was good in Port Louis?
(a) The education.
(b) The roads.
(c) The housing.
(d) The food.
13. What animal did Twain ride in Baroda?
14. What did Twain get sick with in India?
(a) A bronchial cough.
(c) A venerial disease.
(d) The flu.
15. What ocean was Mauritius on the shore of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain use for transportation in India after seeing the Taj Mahal?
2. Where did they go after their time on the mountain?
3. Who did Twain lecture to in Baroda?
4. How long was the layover on the way to Benares?
5. Why was Ramzam hired?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)