|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain get to Allhallabad?
2. What animal was the British government trying to control in India?
(d) Tree frogs.
3. What was the name of the ship Twain took to Ceylon?
4. What was Calcutta known as?
(a) The City of Temples.
(b) The City of Gods.
(c) The City of Palaces.
(d) The City of Jewels.
5. What kind of men did Twain compare the Thuggees to?
(a) Hindu men.
(b) English men.
(d) White men.
6. What country did Twain say was the most extraordinary?
(b) Sri Lanka.
(c) New Zealand.
7. What confused Twain about Manuel?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His bad manners.
(c) His French accent.
(d) His Spanish name.
8. What animal from the mountain did Twain describe in detail?
9. Where did Twain travel to on the Rosetta?
(c) Hong Kong.
10. What did Twain miss seeing in Baroda?
(a) The Maharajah.
(b) The snake charmers.
(c) The crown jewels.
(d) The palace.
11. What did Twain say women wore too much of at Scandal Point?
(d) Make up.
12. What did prisoners have to fight for in the Black Hole?
(a) Their water.
(b) Their food.
(c) Their cells.
(d) Their lives.
13. What did Twain say was the best tropical location?
(a) The sandwhich islands.
(b) The Mauritius islands.
(c) The Fiji islands.
(d) The carribbean islands.
14. Where did Twain stay in Darjeeling?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A flat.
(c) A train station.
(d) A palace.
15. What did Twain say the law closely followed in Port Louis?
(b) Common sense.
(c) French rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain say was the main difference between an Indian boy and an American boy?
2. How did Twain pass the time while on a ship with Africans?
3. How long was the layover on the way to Benares?
4. What did the Twains have to buy to travel away from India?
5. Why did Twain not see everything he wanted in Calcutta?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)