|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain say women wore too much of at Scandal Point?
(a) Make up.
2. Who was murdered in a trial Twain discussed?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A man.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A soldier.
3. What was the name of the ship Twain took to Ceylon?
4. What kind of town did Twain say Durban was?
5. What did Twain like doing most in Ceylon?
(a) Attending an opera.
(b) Going to a ball.
(c) Visiting war monuments.
(d) His hotel.
6. How did Twain describe Jeypore?
(a) India with a touch of European flair.
(b) A hodge-podge of all sorts of countries.
(c) The most beautiful and genuine place on Earth.
(d) England with a touch of Indian flair.
7. How did Twain get to Mauritius?
(a) They took a train.
(b) They walked on foot.
(c) They rode on a carriage.
(d) They sailed on a ship.
8. How did Twain get to Allhallabad?
9. Who did Twain stop with on the way down the mountain?
(a) Mr. Brew.
(b) Mr. Bevvington.
(c) Mr. Brevvilston.
(d) Mr. Barnard.
10. What cliff did they view while in the mountains?
(a) Gaulston Cliff.
(b) Gammington Cliff.
(c) Gladstone Cliff.
(d) Gallivan Cliff.
11. What happened a year after Twain visited India?
(a) A fire.
(b) A flood.
(c) A plague.
(d) A famine.
12. What kind of people did they see on the cliff?
13. What mountain did Twain see in Darjeeling?
(a) Mount Habarda.
(b) Mount Titicaca.
(c) Mount Everest.
(d) Mount Allana.
14. How long was the layover on the way to Benares?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
15. What did Twain use for transportation in India after seeing the Taj Mahal?
(a) A hand cart.
(b) A camel.
(c) A river boat.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain visit in La Trappe?
2. Why did Twain not see everything he wanted in Calcutta?
3. What was Ochterlony?
4. What Hindu ceremony did Twain get to see?
5. What hotel did Twain stay in at Ceylon?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)