|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain describe the town of Christchurch?
2. What islands did Twain see in September?
3. Where was Corrigan Castle?
(b) New Zealand.
4. What did Twain compare the weather in Sydney to?
5. What empire was Australia a part of?
6. What did Twain say was the root of all vices?
7. What was Wawn's title?
(d) First mate.
8. What did Twain like to look at during the night on the ship?
(a) The water.
(b) The dolphins.
(c) The stars.
(d) The crewmen.
9. In what train car did Twain meet two interesting men in Australia?
(a) The luggage car.
(b) The fuel car.
(c) The smoking car.
(d) The dining car.
10. What culture did Twain learn about in Christchurch?
11. What was mined in Bendigo?
12. How did Twain describe the capital of Tasmania?
13. What law changed in the slave trade?
(a) The slaves had to be paid.
(b) The families of slaves had to be compensated.
(c) The slaves had to come by consent.
(d) The authorities had to ensure the safety.
14. What kind of expenditures did Twain discuss?
(a) Public works.
(c) Ship crews.
15. What business was Commodore Vanderbilt in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake had the captain made with another ship?
2. What was raised in Horsham?
3. What did Twain take pledges to do?
4. What was the person pretending to be Sir Roger put on trial for?
5. What accent did Twain discuss at dinnertime?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)