|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hunt did Twain go to see?
2. What was the first livestock kept in Australia?
3. What was mined in Stawell?
4. How did Twain get to the hunt he went to see?
(c) On foot.
(d) Dog cart.
5. What did the two men on the train tell Twain he would like?
(a) Quartz jewelery.
(b) The new political system in New Zealand.
(d) Smoked Halibut.
6. What accent did Twain discuss at dinnertime?
7. What was Twain's story in Nelson about?
(a) A mythical animal.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A mass exodus.
(d) A bank theft.
8. What did Twain like to look at during the night on the ship?
(a) The water.
(b) The crewmen.
(c) The dolphins.
(d) The stars.
9. Who gave Twain a tour of Bendigo?
(a) Mr. Blank.
(b) Mr. Branch.
(c) Mr. Blanch.
(d) Mr. Bark.
10. What empire was Australia a part of?
11. Where did this trip begin?
12. What holiday was held on November 5th.
(a) Guy Fawkes Day.
(c) Gathering Time.
(d) Harvest Festival.
13. What kind of college was in Horsham?
14. What culture did Twain learn about in Christchurch?
15. What did the purser do that bothered Twain?
(a) Cursed in front of women.
(b) Laughed about everything.
(c) Drank too much.
(d) Stared at his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the missionary say was slow to spread in his home country?
2. What was being installed on the streets in Sydney?
3. What animal in Australia did Twain talk about in detail?
4. What did people like to hunt in Australia?
5. How did Twain describe the capital of Tasmania?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)