|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain compare the weather in Sydney to?
2. What did the purser do that bothered Twain?
(a) Laughed about everything.
(b) Cursed in front of women.
(c) Stared at his daughter.
(d) Drank too much.
3. How did most missionaries feel about the slave trade?
(a) They hated it.
(b) They liked it.
(c) They didn't know about it.
(d) They were split on the issue.
4. What islands did Twain see in September?
5. What was a weet-weet?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A kind of mortar.
(d) A knife.
6. What kind of people were sent to Tasmania?
7. What was used as currency in Australia?
(a) Gold bars.
8. Why was Twain never able to fulfill his pledges to himself?
(a) He was not seeing the big picture.
(b) He was never really serious.
(c) He never had the support he needed.
(d) He couldn't control his desires.
9. How did Twain describe the town of Christchurch?
10. What holiday was held on November 5th.
(b) Harvest Festival.
(c) Gathering Time.
(d) Guy Fawkes Day.
11. What accent did Twain discuss at dinnertime?
12. What was the first livestock kept in Australia?
13. What was Wawn's title?
(a) First mate.
14. What animal in Australia did Twain talk about in detail?
(a) The dingo.
(b) The crocodiles.
(c) The kangaroo.
(d) The cuckaburra.
15. What significant thing did Captain Cook do?
(a) Booked Twain's lecture tour.
(b) Invented the steam engine.
(c) Mapped out the Mojave desert.
(d) Settled Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business was Commodore Vanderbilt in?
2. What title did Twain give Melbourne?
3. Where did Twain live before he took this trip?
4. When did the person pretending to be Sir Roger finally admit his hoax?
5. How did Twain get to the hunt he went to see?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)