|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain use to write a poem?
(a) Ship names.
(b) River names.
(c) Town names.
(d) Animal sounds.
2. How did Twain describe the captain?
3. What were playing in the water off the shore of Sydney?
(a) Flying fish.
4. What kind of expenditures did Twain discuss?
(b) Public works.
(c) Ship crews.
5. Who gave Twain a tour of Bendigo?
(a) Mr. Blank.
(b) Mr. Blanch.
(c) Mr. Bark.
(d) Mr. Branch.
6. What was the first livestock kept in Australia?
7. What kind of college was in Horsham?
8. What culture did Twain learn about in Christchurch?
9. What business was Commodore Vanderbilt in?
10. What mistake had the captain made with another ship?
(a) He over-booked it.
(b) He sailed it into the rocks.
(c) He went on the wrong course.
(d) He ran out of fuel.
11. How did Wawn make his money?
(a) He pirated sunk ships.
(b) He printed false money.
(c) He traded slaves.
(d) He stole spices.
12. How long was the train trip to Adelaid?
(a) 17 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 14 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
13. What was being installed on the streets in Sydney?
(b) Electric lighting.
(c) Sewer drains.
(d) Traffic lights.
14. Where was Corrigan Castle?
(c) New Zealand.
15. What empire was Australia a part of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Wauganu?
2. What accent did Twain discuss at dinnertime?
3. Where was the purser from?
4. What did the purser do that bothered Twain?
5. What law changed in the slave trade?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)