|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were playing in the water off the shore of Sydney?
(b) Flying fish.
2. Where was Corrigan Castle?
(d) New Zealand.
3. Where did Twain go to see a hunt?
(a) South America.
4. Who was in Australia before the British arrived?
(a) The trappers.
(b) The vikings.
(c) The aboriginals.
(d) The natives.
5. What strange item did Twain bring on his trip?
(a) Deck chairs.
(b) Fuel ration.
(c) Shaving kit.
6. What movement did Twain say was making great progress in America?
(c) Women's suffrage.
(d) The Revolution.
7. What title did Twain give Melbourne?
(a) The real capital.
(b) The leading in designer.
(c) The top novelty in Austrailia.
(d) The financial hub.
8. What was the first livestock kept in Australia?
9. What did Twain use to write a poem?
(a) Animal sounds.
(b) River names.
(c) Town names.
(d) Ship names.
10. What did people like to hunt in Australia?
11. What did Twain say was the root of all vices?
12. How did Twain describe the town of Christchurch?
13. In what train car did Twain meet two interesting men in Australia?
(a) The dining car.
(b) The fuel car.
(c) The smoking car.
(d) The luggage car.
14. What did the missionary say was slow to spread in his home country?
15. How many days a week did the students in Horsham work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain learn about Sir Roger?
2. What country had ceded the islands that Twain saw in September?
3. What animal in Australia did Twain talk about in detail?
4. How did Twain describe the capital of Tasmania?
5. What did Twain see in Wauganu?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)