|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter LVI-LIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expenditures did Twain discuss?
(a) Public works.
(c) Ship crews.
2. What empire was Australia a part of?
3. What was Manuel's occupation?
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Bell hop.
4. Why was the person in India murdered?
(a) For her jewelry.
(b) Because she had an affair.
(c) She was mistaken for someone else.
(d) He betrayed his family.
5. What did Twain take pledges to do?
(a) Break bad habits.
(b) Learn something new.
(c) Forgive others.
(d) Be perpetually kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain like doing most in Ceylon?
2. What was the river in Benares called?
3. What kind of temples were in Benares?
4. How did most missionaries feel about the slave trade?
5. What did the missionary say was slow to spread in his home country?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)