|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary and Ghetel eat to supplement their meager findings?
(d) Worms and grubs.
2. What does Mary do when Adam asks about the others who are kidnapped?
(a) She cries herself to sleep.
(b) She runs out of the cabin.
(c) She screams.
(d) She tells him everything.
3. Where do Adam Harmon and his sons plan to go when they see Mary?
(a) The O-Y-O.
(b) Drunkard's Bottom.
(c) Draper's Meadow.
(d) The fields.
4. How does Mary become ill with a runny nose and losing her voice?
(a) She has no clothes.
(b) She eats her own bowel movement.
(c) She eats berries.
(d) She drinks water from the river.
5. Who asks where Mary has been for the past five months?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ghetel want to be so she can get Mary?
2. What does Ghetel plan to do with the spear she snatches from Mary while they are pulling roots?
3. What does Ghetel want to go back and do with the horse?
4. What does Mary discover in the frozen garden?
5. What does Mary beat Ghetel with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Mary doesn't care that the cabin she approaches in Chapter 28 may be home to Indians.
2. Why is the loss of the tomahawk significant to Mary and Ghetel?
3. Who does Ghetel believe Adam Harmon to be when he approaches her in the woods?
4. Why does it scare Mary when Ghetel eats the frog's tiny front legs?
5. Why does Mary doubt her ability to get back to Draper's Meadow in Chapter 19?
6. Why does Mary complain that walking with Ghetel is a huge burden?
7. Why are Mary and Ghetel unable to pinpoint what roots have made them sick?
8. Explain why Ghetel suddenly attacks Mary.
9. Describe how Mary relies on the approval of others despite being the leader in control of the journey?
10. Why does Mary believe she has prompted God's anger?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)