|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Will and Johnny Draper during the Shawnee Indians' attack?
(a) Traveling to another town.
(b) Working in the fields a mile away.
(c) Exploring the river.
2. Who runs the gauntlet first?
(c) Henry Lenard.
3. Who says the Indians will "burn in eternal hell" for killing their child?
4. What business proposition does Mary consider?
(a) To carry wood.
(b) To make shirts.
(c) To cook for captives.
(d) To escape.
5. What does Mary do with Bettie's clothing?
(a) Throws them out.
(b) Mends them.
(c) Rips them.
(d) Washes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary decide to do when allowed to explore the woods?
2. Where do the captives sleep their first night with the Indian tribe?
3. What Indian tribe do Gander Jack, Will Ingles, and Johnny Draper hope will help them ransom their families?
4. How many times does it take Henry to successfully complete the gauntlet?
5. What does Mary eat for breakfast the first morning away from the Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary want Ghetel go along to Draper's Meadow?
2. What does Bettie think of Mary for allowing Otter Girl to nurse the baby?
3. Why does Bettie become angry with Mary during the trip to the Indians' village?
4. Why is the horse an important tool for Mary and Ghetel?
5. Gander Jack leads Will and Johnny Draper into the heart of Cherokee Indian country. Describe why Will had the "gollywobbles."
6. Why are Eleanor Draper and Casper Barrier killed by the Shawnee Indians?
7. What is the significance of Mary saying that there is a way to return if there is a way across the O-Y-O?
8. Why does it upset Mary that the Indians are given a hero's welcome when they return?
9. Why does LaPlante buy Mary?
10. Why is Mary given a basket at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)