|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary's captor?
(a) Chief Wildcat.
(b) Chief Manuelito.
(c) Colonel Patterson.
(d) Henry Lenard.
2. Who keeps Mary from running the gauntlet?
(c) Chief Wildcat.
3. Who invites Mary to move into his home?
(d) Chief Wildcat.
4. How does Will Draper feel about getting his family back in Chapter 3?
(a) He is hopeful.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He feels it is too difficult.
(d) He is worried.
5. Who does Mary have imaginary conversations with?
(b) Her sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary's husband's gun fire?
2. What does Mary do to keep track of the days she is on the trail?
3. What does Mary decide to do when allowed to explore the woods?
4. Who does Mary give her seat on the horse to?
5. Which trait does Mary feel the Shawnee Indians will respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary give Bettie her seat on the horse?
2. How are Mary's preconceived notions about the Indians challenged by her actual experiences with them?
3. How does Mary begin to erase her baby, Bettie Eleanor, from her memory and heart?
4. Why are Eleanor Draper and Casper Barrier killed by the Shawnee Indians?
5. Why does Mary believe the bond between her daughter, Bettie Eleanor, and Otter Girl is for the best?
6. Why does Mary believe that pride is essential to the captives' survival?
7. Why doesn't Will help protect his family when the Indians attack?
8. How does Mary's pride make her blind to the situation with Chief Wildcat?
9. Why doesn't Mary scream out during the delivery of her baby?
10. What does Mary fear the Indians will do to her unborn child when they attack?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)