|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary go on without her when Ghetel goes back for the horse?
(a) Mary is unsure of where to go.
(b) Mary is frightened.
(c) Mary doesn't want to travel alone.
(d) Mary doesn't like Ghetel.
2. Why doesn't Mary cross over to Ghetel's side of the river?
(a) She is scared.
(b) She is sad.
(c) It's too wide.
(d) She is naked.
3. Who brings in the slab of calf meat for Mary's broth?
4. What weapon does Ghetel demand Mary give to her?
(a) The spear.
(b) The gun.
(c) The tomahawk.
(d) The knife.
5. Who crosses the river in a leaky canoe?
(c) Snake Stick.
(d) Gander Jack.
6. How does the horse die?
(a) It is shot by Indians.
(b) A limb pierces its side on the makeshift bridge.
(c) Its broken leg becomes infected.
(d) It drowns in the river.
7. How does Mary become ill with a runny nose and losing her voice?
(a) She has no clothes.
(b) She eats her own bowel movement.
(c) She drinks water from the river.
(d) She eats berries.
8. What does Mary pack their wounds with when she and Ghetel are hurt crossing a stream?
9. What does Mary do to Ghetel when they come to another river at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) Tells Ghetel to swim across first.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Strikes the horse while Ghetel is on it.
(d) Strikes her.
10. What does Mary see in the distance after traversing the last steep cliff?
(a) A fort.
(b) A forest.
(c) A river.
(d) A cabin.
11. Who asks where Mary has been for the past five months?
12. What is Adam Harmon's first instruction to his sons?
(a) Kill their calf.
(b) Get a blanket.
(c) Go get water.
(d) Go get help.
13. Which character's teeth are becoming loose?
(d) Snake Stick's.
14. Whose scalp does Captain Wildcat want?
(a) General Washington.
(b) Mary Ingles.
(c) Will Ingles.
(d) Johnny Draper.
15. What falls into the river during the scuffle when Ghetel attacks Mary?
(a) The blanket.
(b) The tomahawk.
(c) The gun.
(d) The knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary ask about when she wakes up?
2. What is one thing Will is worried about for Mary?
3. What is one thing Mary and Ghetel lose when crossing the river?
4. Who do Mary and Ghetel hide from when they approach the salt springs?
5. What does Adam Harmon believe will help Mary?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)