|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Ghetel want to be so she can get Mary?
(a) A dog.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A raven.
2. Who wraps Mary in something in Chapter 31?
(a) Johnny Draper.
(b) Hank Harmon.
(c) Will Ingles.
(d) Adam Harmon.
3. Where does Ghetel bite Mary?
(a) On the face.
(b) On the arm.
(c) On the thigh.
(d) On the shoulder.
4. What do the Harmons give Mary to eat to get well?
5. Who asks where Mary has been for the past five months?
6. Who is a "troublesome piece of baggage?"
7. What is Adam Harmon's first instruction to his sons?
(a) Go get help.
(b) Go get water.
(c) Get a blanket.
(d) Kill their calf.
8. What animal does Mary notice is not afraid of humans?
9. What animal do Mary and Ghetel attempt to kill?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A young deer.
(c) A duck.
(d) A squirrel.
10. Who gets the shortest straw when deciding who gets to eat whom?
(a) Snake Stick.
11. What is applied to Mary's swollen limbs?
(b) Hot compresses.
12. How far do Mary and Ghetel travel to find a spot to cross the river?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 40 miles.
13. Why doesn't Mary go on without her when Ghetel goes back for the horse?
(a) Mary doesn't like Ghetel.
(b) Mary is frightened.
(c) Mary is unsure of where to go.
(d) Mary doesn't want to travel alone.
14. Where do Adam Harmon and his sons plan to go when they see Mary?
(a) The fields.
(b) Drunkard's Bottom.
(c) The O-Y-O.
(d) Draper's Meadow.
15. What is one thing Will is worried about for Mary?
(a) That she not be fed.
(b) That she will die.
(c) That she will be raped.
(d) That she will escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mary and Ghetel share for warmth?
2. After passing the spring that burns, Ghetel wants to quit and threatens to do what to Mary?
3. What do Mary and Ghetel eat that makes them sick?
4. Who crosses the river in a leaky canoe?
5. What is Mary annoyed by at the beginning of Chapter 23?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)