|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is attacked at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(d) Snake Stick.
2. What do Mary and Ghetel share for warmth?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A cup of hot tea.
(d) A fire.
3. When does the horse become injured?
(a) When it fell in the woods.
(b) When crossing the small stream.
(c) When Ghetel rode it.
(d) When it tried to run away.
4. What is one thing Will is worried about for Mary?
(a) That she will be raped.
(b) That she will escape.
(c) That she will die.
(d) That she not be fed.
5. What does Mary beat Ghetel with?
(a) A stick.
(b) A tomahawk.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A shoe.
6. What does Ghetel make for Mary to help her feet?
(a) A blanket.
(c) A poultice.
(d) A basket.
7. Who is a "troublesome piece of baggage?"
8. Who carries Mary inside the cabin after she crawls towards the Harmon family?
(a) Hank Harmon.
(b) Will Draper.
(c) Adam Harmon.
(d) Junior Harmon.
9. What is the first landmark Mary and Ghetel come to that confirms they are traveling in the right direction?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The O-Y-O River.
(c) The forest.
(d) Salt springs.
10. What thought keeps Mary traveling even though she's ill?
(a) Brushing her teeth.
(b) Eating food.
(c) Returning to Will.
(d) Finding shelter.
11. What do the Harmons give Mary to eat to get well?
12. Where does Ghetel bite Mary?
(a) On the thigh.
(b) On the arm.
(c) On the face.
(d) On the shoulder.
13. Where do Adam Harmon and his sons plan to go when they see Mary?
(a) Drunkard's Bottom.
(b) The fields.
(c) Draper's Meadow.
(d) The O-Y-O.
14. What do Mary and Ghetel eat that makes them sick?
(d) Plant roots.
15. What is one thing Mary says she will never tell once she gets home?
(a) That she lost the horse.
(b) That she left her baby with the Indians.
(c) That she was lost.
(d) That she traveled with Ghetel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Johnny and Will go at the fork in the road?
2. Who wraps Mary in something in Chapter 31?
3. Where do Mary and Ghetel spend two nights?
4. What is Mary annoyed by at the beginning of Chapter 23?
5. Who gets the shortest straw when deciding who gets to eat whom?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)