|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tied by the neck and made to walk alongside the horses?
(a) Henry Lenard.
2. What does Mary do when she walks away from the spring camp?
(a) She sings.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs.
(d) She skips.
3. Whose wound is beginning to fester in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Colonel Patton shot during the Shawnee Indians' attack at Draper's Meadow?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He fights back.
(c) He refuses to leave his home.
(d) He is elderly.
5. Who cares for Mary's daughter?
(c) Otter Girl.
6. Who orders Will, Johnny Draper, Matthew, and John to go to the fort?
(a) Captain Buchanan.
(b) Mr. Barger.
(c) Gander Jack.
7. What does Mary do with Bettie's clothing?
(a) Rips them.
(b) Washes them.
(c) Mends them.
(d) Throws them out.
8. Why doesn't Mary's husband's gun fire?
(a) It gets knocked out of her hands.
(b) It is broken.
(c) It is not loaded.
(d) It is jammed.
9. Who does Mary refer to as "it?"
(b) Chief Wildcat.
(c) Bettie Eleanor.
10. Who do the Shawnee fight beside?
(a) The English.
(c) The French.
(d) The Spanish.
11. Who does Mary have imaginary conversations with?
(d) Her sons.
12. Who said "Be naked."?
(a) The French translator.
(d) Chief Wildcat.
13. Where do the Shawnee Indians and their captives spend the night on the second day after the attack on Draper's Meadow?
(a) In a woods.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a farmhouse.
(d) In a tent.
14. What do Mary and Ghetel find at the bottom of a creek?
(a) A trout.
(b) A catfish.
(c) A tuna.
15. Who says she will gladly eat a dog?
(b) Snake Stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs to Mary's house when the Indians attack Draper's Meadow?
2. What is Will Ingles' relationship to Matthew and John?
3. Who tells Will that Mary and the boys are alive when the Indians come through?
4. What does the Chief tell his tribe about Mary?
5. What is Gander Jack hired to do?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)