|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary give her seat on the horse to?
(a) Chief Wildcat.
2. What does Mary eat her first night away from camp?
3. What does one of the braves wave as the Indians arrive at the camp?
(a) A pelt.
(b) A flag.
(c) A branch.
(d) A scalp.
4. Who do the Shawnee fight beside?
(a) The French.
(b) The Spanish.
(d) The English.
5. Whose wound is beginning to fester in Chapter 4?
6. Who runs the gauntlet first?
(d) Henry Lenard.
7. What do the Shawnee Indians create with hot water and herbs?
8. What do the captives withdraw from the spring water?
9. Which trait does Mary feel the Shawnee Indians will respect?
10. Who is taken away by Indians at the end of the slave auction?
11. Who is Mary with when she walks away from the spring camp?
(b) Otter Girl.
(c) Bettie Eleanor.
12. Who is tied by the neck and made to walk alongside the horses?
(b) Henry Lenard.
13. What is Mary's family doing when the Shawnee Indians attack?
(a) They are doing chores.
(b) They are going to church.
(c) They are sleeping.
(d) They are having a picnic.
14. Who is at the salt spring camp with Mary?
(d) Chief Wildcat.
15. How long does Mary estimate it will take to get back to Draper's Meadow?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month and a half.
(d) Over two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Mary's first night away from camp?
2. What does Mary do when she walks away from the spring camp?
3. Who does Mary think is "beauteous?"
4. Which character is beheaded during the Shawnee Indian attack?
5. Who is Mary taken with at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)