|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business proposition does Mary consider?
(a) To cook for captives.
(b) To escape.
(c) To make shirts.
(d) To carry wood.
2. What Indian tribe do Gander Jack, Will Ingles, and Johnny Draper hope will help them ransom their families?
3. What do the Indians do with those who successfully complete the gauntlet?
(a) They make them run it again.
(b) They treat the wounds.
(c) They kill them.
(d) They reward them with a feast.
4. Who orders Will, Johnny Draper, Matthew, and John to go to the fort?
(a) Gander Jack.
(b) Captain Buchanan.
(c) Mr. Barger.
5. What is Will Ingles' relationship to Matthew and John?
(a) Matthew and John are Will's younger brothers.
(b) Matthew and John are his cousins.
(c) Matthew and John are his sons.
(d) Matthew and John are his in-laws.
6. Where do the captives sleep their first night with the Indian tribe?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the forest.
(c) On the ground.
(d) In a teepee.
7. Who said "Be naked."?
(a) Chief Wildcat.
(d) The French translator.
8. Who is tied by the neck and made to walk alongside the horses?
(c) Henry Lenard.
9. Who sets Bettie's broken arm?
(a) Chief Wildcat.
(c) Johnny Draper.
10. Who is scalped?
(a) Casper Bernie.
(b) Phillip Barger.
(c) Eleanor Ingles.
(d) Bettie Draper.
11. How does Will Draper feel about getting his family back in Chapter 3?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He feels it is too difficult.
(d) He is excited.
12. What does Mary eat her first night away from camp?
13. What do the captives withdraw from the spring water?
14. What happens to the two white captives marked for death?
(a) They are burned to death.
(b) They are released.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are hanged.
15. What does Mary do to keep track of the days she is on the trail?
(a) She remembers.
(b) She tears a piece of her dress.
(c) She marks each day on a piece of paper.
(d) She ties a knot in a string of yarn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose for going to the salt spring?
2. What does the spring smell like that the Indians come to on the twelfth day?
3. Which character is beheaded during the Shawnee Indian attack?
4. Who says she will gladly eat a dog?
5. Whose wound is beginning to fester in Chapter 4?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)