|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary have imaginary conversations with?
(d) Her sons.
2. Why does Will run away from the Shawnee Indians' attack on Draper's Meadow?
(a) He is going to get help.
(b) He is outnumbered and unarmed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is hurt.
3. What does the spring smell like that the Indians come to on the twelfth day?
(b) Rotten eggs.
(c) The ocean.
4. How long does it take Mary and Ghetel to make it back to the French's trading post?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. Who is willing to take Will's ransom to the Shawnees?
(a) Johnny Draper.
(c) Snake Stick.
(d) Gander Jack.
6. What happens to the two white captives marked for death?
(a) They are burned to death.
(b) They are released.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are hanged.
7. Where are the captives tied during the Indians' celebrations?
(a) On the bank of a river.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a field.
(d) In the center of the village.
8. What does Will plan to do to get his family back after the trail is lost?
(a) Go to the fort.
(b) Harvest wheat and sell it for ransom money.
(c) Move to another village.
(d) Harvest wheat and remarry.
9. What do the captives withdraw from the spring water?
10. Which trait does Mary feel the Shawnee Indians will respect?
11. What does Mary use to create her two spears?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A sword.
(d) A knife.
12. What impresses the Chief about Mary's delivery of her daughter?
(a) She cries continuously.
(b) She does not ask for help.
(c) She gives birth quickly.
(d) She does not yell out.
13. Who runs to Mary's house when the Indians attack Draper's Meadow?
14. Who presents Mary with a business proposition?
15. Who carries Mary from the lodge where the slave auction occurs?
(a) LaPlante and Goulart.
(c) Chief Wildcat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles does Mary walk her first day away from the Indian camp?
2. What do the Indians do before arriving at their camp?
3. Who says she will gladly eat a dog?
4. What is Mary's family doing when the Shawnee Indians attack?
5. Who tells Will that Mary and the boys are alive when the Indians come through?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)