1. Why does Bettie Draper run directly to Mary's house when the Shawnee Indians attack in Chapter 1?
2. What does Mary fear the Indians will do to her unborn child when they attack?
3. Why does Mary think the little group of captives should keep as much dignity as possible?
4. Why are Eleanor Draper and Casper Barrier killed by the Shawnee Indians?
5. How do Mary's beliefs about Indians keep her safe throughout her experience living in Indian territory?
This section contains 2,087 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)