|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 and Author's Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is beheaded during the Shawnee Indian attack?
(a) Johnny Draper.
(b) Will Draper.
(c) Philip Barger.
(d) Henry Lenard.
2. Where are Will and Johnny Draper during the Shawnee Indians' attack?
(a) Traveling to another town.
(c) Exploring the river.
(d) Working in the fields a mile away.
3. What does Mary use to mark trees when she goes to collect berries and nuts?
(a) A hatchet.
4. How far do Mary and Ghetel travel to find a spot to cross the river?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
5. What does Mary decide to do when allowed to explore the woods?
(a) Pick flowers.
(c) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Goulart, what kind of person has a hard life in the Indian village?
2. How does Bettie survive the gauntlet?
3. What is Will Ingles' relationship to Matthew and John?
4. Which character is taken hostage by the Indians?
5. Where do the captives sleep their first night with the Indian tribe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)