|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 and Author's Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary say is a pretty sound?
(a) River running.
(b) Birds chirping.
(c) Ghetel's bell.
(d) Ghetel's singing.
2. Who cares for Mary's daughter?
(c) Otter Girl.
3. What falls into the river during the scuffle when Ghetel attacks Mary?
(a) The blanket.
(b) The knife.
(c) The gun.
(d) The tomahawk.
4. Which character appears first at the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) Gander Jack.
(d) Snake Stick.
5. What does Mary prod Ghetel with after Ghetel refuses to continue in Chapter 23?
(a) A spear.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tomahawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mary and Ghetel do as they continue down river after Mary escapes to the other side?
2. What does Mary use to create her two spears?
3. Who is willing to take Will's ransom to the Shawnees?
4. What do Mary and Ghetel eat to supplement their meager findings?
5. How does Mary become ill with a runny nose and losing her voice?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)