|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Shawnee Indians create with hot water and herbs?
2. What does Mary do to keep track of the days she is on the trail?
(a) She remembers.
(b) She tears a piece of her dress.
(c) She ties a knot in a string of yarn.
(d) She marks each day on a piece of paper.
3. What do the Indians do before arriving at their camp?
(a) Bathe in the river.
(b) Bind the captives.
(c) Paint their faces.
(d) Hunt for food.
4. Who does Mary think is "beauteous?"
(b) Will Ingles.
(c) Bettie Draper.
(d) Chief Wildcat.
5. Who is Mary's captor?
(a) Colonel Patterson.
(b) Chief Wildcat.
(c) Henry Lenard.
(d) Chief Manuelito.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do with her infant daughter's name?
2. What does Mary eat for breakfast the first morning away from the Indians?
3. What does Mary tell the other captives while tied to the post?
4. What is Gander Jack hired to do?
5. Who is scalped?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)