|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12 and 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Colonel Patton shot during the Shawnee Indians' attack at Draper's Meadow?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He fights back.
(c) He refuses to leave his home.
(d) He is elderly.
2. Why does Mary faint during the slave auction?
(a) She is upset by being sold.
(b) She is angry.
(c) Her sons are taken away.
(d) She is ill.
3. What do the captives withdraw from the spring water?
4. What Indian tribe do Gander Jack, Will Ingles, and Johnny Draper hope will help them ransom their families?
5. What impresses the Chief about Mary's delivery of her daughter?
(a) She does not ask for help.
(b) She cries continuously.
(c) She does not yell out.
(d) She gives birth quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Goulart, what kind of person has a hard life in the Indian village?
2. What does Mary eat her first night away from camp?
3. How long does it take Mary and Ghetel to make it back to the French's trading post?
4. Who said "Be naked."?
5. Where do the Shawnee Indians and their captives spend the night on the second day after the attack on Draper's Meadow?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)