|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Indians cross the river on the fifth day on the trail?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a bridge.
(c) On foot.
(d) In canoes.
2. Who mimics an Indian woman giving birth on the trail?
(a) Chief Wildcat.
(b) Mary Ingles.
(c) Bettie Draper.
(d) Tommy Ingles.
3. Why doesn't Mary's husband's gun fire?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is not loaded.
(c) It gets knocked out of her hands.
(d) It is jammed.
4. What impresses the Chief about Mary's delivery of her daughter?
(a) She gives birth quickly.
(b) She cries continuously.
(c) She does not yell out.
(d) She does not ask for help.
5. Where do the Shawnee Indians and their captives spend the night on the second day after the attack on Draper's Meadow?
(a) In a farmhouse.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's family doing when the Shawnee Indians attack?
2. What does Mary do to keep track of the days she is on the trail?
3. What is Gander Jack hired to do?
4. What is Mary Draper's relationship to Bettie Draper?
5. Who runs to Mary's house when the Indians attack Draper's Meadow?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)