|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spring smell like that the Indians come to on the twelfth day?
(b) The ocean.
(c) Rotten eggs.
2. Who is Mary's captor?
(a) Henry Lenard.
(b) Chief Manuelito.
(c) Chief Wildcat.
(d) Colonel Patterson.
3. Which character is beheaded during the Shawnee Indian attack?
(a) Philip Barger.
(b) Will Draper.
(c) Johnny Draper.
(d) Henry Lenard.
4. Who is tied by the neck and made to walk alongside the horses?
(b) Henry Lenard.
5. What does Mary do to keep track of the days she is on the trail?
(a) She remembers.
(b) She tears a piece of her dress.
(c) She marks each day on a piece of paper.
(d) She ties a knot in a string of yarn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Indians cross the river on the fifth day on the trail?
2. Which trait does Mary feel the Shawnee Indians will respect?
3. What do the captives withdraw from the spring water?
4. What is Gander Jack hired to do?
5. What herd of animals do the Indians attack on the thirteenth day?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)