|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mary's captor?
(a) Chief Manuelito.
(b) Henry Lenard.
(c) Chief Wildcat.
(d) Colonel Patterson.
2. What is Mary Draper's relationship to Bettie Draper?
(a) Mary is Bettie's sister-in-law.
(b) Mary is Bettie's daughter.
(c) Mary is Bettie's sister.
(d) Mary is Bettie's aunt.
3. What is Gander Jack hired to do?
(a) Harvest the wheat.
(b) Bury the dead.
(c) Find the Indians.
(d) Rebuild the village.
4. Why does Will run away from the Shawnee Indians' attack on Draper's Meadow?
(a) He is hurt.
(b) He is going to get help.
(c) He is outnumbered and unarmed.
(d) He is angry.
5. What does the spring smell like that the Indians come to on the twelfth day?
(b) Rotten eggs.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief tell his tribe about Mary?
2. Which character is taken hostage by the Indians?
3. Who presents Mary with a business proposition?
4. Who is taken away by Indians at the end of the slave auction?
5. Whose baby is killed during the Indians' attack at Draper's Meadow?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)