Chapters 1, 2 and 3
1. What condition is Mary Draper Ingles in when the Shawnee Indians attack?
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She had just given birth to her son.
(c) She is injured.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. Who is scalped?
(a) Eleanor Ingles.
(b) Casper Bernie.
(c) Phillip Barger.
(d) Bettie Draper.
3. What is Mary's family doing when the Shawnee Indians attack?
(a) They are doing chores.
(b) They are having a picnic.
(c) They are sleeping.
(d) They are going to church.
4. Whose baby is killed during the Indians' attack at Draper's Meadow?
(d) Bettie Draper's.
5. Why doesn't Mary's husband's gun fire?
(a) It gets knocked out of her hands.
(b) It is not loaded.
(c) It is broken.
(d) It is jammed.
6. Where are Will and Johnny Draper during the Shawnee Indians' attack?
(a) Traveling to another town.
(b) Exploring the river.
(d) Working in the fields a mile away.
7. What are Mary's two sons doing when the Shawnee Indians' attack?
(c) Picking berries.
This section contains 3,538 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)