|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the kitten?
2. What does Greta decide to name the kitten?
3. Why does Retha think Mrs. Stanton has seen the Duke of Kent?
4. What do the men believe Anthony is trying to say?
5. Why does Greta think the ladies of Blue Cove should be nicer to Laleah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
2. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
3. Why do the men bring strange sailors to Anthony's home?
4. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
5. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
6. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
7. Describe the Morrill's dinner table.
8. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
9. What is the time comparison like between Little Valley and Blue Cove?
10. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Greta's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is Greta's father's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the fog in this story? For example, how does fog affect the people of Little Valley? How does it affect Greta? What happens when it becomes foggy?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)