|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
2. Why does Retha think Mrs. Stanton has seen the Duke of Kent?
3. What does Greta's father point out to her?
4. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
5. What is Mrs. Morrill working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
2. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
3. What does Retha think about Anthony?
4. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
5. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
6. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
7. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
8. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
9. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
10. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the lesson of persistence that one should learn from Mrs. Stanton's story. How does this lady's determination prove that persistence will eventually pay off?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe that Greta was able to take the kitten back to her own time with her when she was not able to take the slice of strawberry pie with her? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways, if any, does Greta's father encourage her exploration of Blue Cove? In what ways, if any, does Greta's father discourage her exploration of Blue Cove?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)