|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Anthony come?
2. What does Mrs. Morrill say it takes to look ahead?
3. What are the Morrills doing when Greta arrives?
4. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
5. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
2. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
3. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
4. What does Retha think about Anthony?
5. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
6. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
7. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
8. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
9. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
10. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you believe that Greta was able to take the kitten back to her own time with her when she was not able to take the slice of strawberry pie with her? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What hints does the author give that Greta's father had similar experiences in Blue Cove as Greta has had?
Essay Topic 3
What is Greta's father's role in the novel?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)