|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Captain Cornwall die?
2. Who suggests the ladies do something to celebrate?
3. Why do the people believe Anthony can't speak?
4. How much of the island does Mrs. Stanton say her husband left to her?
5. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
2. Why is the day of Greta's birthday the best day for the church picnic?
3. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
4. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
5. What is the time comparison like between Little Valley and Blue Cove?
6. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
7. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
8. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
9. Why do the men bring strange sailors to Anthony's home?
10. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Greta and Retha's personalities. Why do they get along so well together? Are there issues on which they don't agree?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess' role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What clues are there in the book that the Morrills were part of the Blue Cove that Greta's father knew as well as the one that Greta knew?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)