|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests the ladies do something to celebrate?
2. Where is the church picnic held?
3. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
4. What is the name of the strange ship?
5. Besides Greta, who else is visiting in church?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
2. Why is the day of Greta's birthday the best day for the church picnic?
3. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
4. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
5. Describe the Morrill's dinner table.
6. What does Retha think about Anthony?
7. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
8. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
9. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
10. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the lesson of persistence that one should learn from Mrs. Stanton's story. How does this lady's determination prove that persistence will eventually pay off?
Essay Topic 2
How do you believe that the people of Blue Cove knew that Greta was from a different time? Why didn't they just think she was a child who had wandered away from another village?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)