|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stanton intend to get to Halifax?
2. Upon what instrument is Grandpa Sanders playing when Mrs. Stanton appears in her dress?
3. Besides Greta, who else is visiting in church?
4. What does Greta believe is her horizon?
5. What distracts Greta from Blue Cove in September?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
2. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
3. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
4. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
5. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
6. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
7. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
8. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
9. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
10. Describe the Morrill's dinner table.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Trask's role in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How do you believe that the people of Blue Cove knew that Greta was from a different time? Why didn't they just think she was a child who had wandered away from another village?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)