|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mrs. Stanton if she saw the duke?
2. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
3. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
4. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
5. Where is Retha?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
2. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
3. Why is the day of Greta's birthday the best day for the church picnic?
4. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
5. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
6. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
7. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
8. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
9. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
10. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Greta's father's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anthony's role in the novel. Do you believe he was able to talk? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)