|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Anthony come?
2. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
3. Where does Mrs. Stanton live?
4. From what did Captain Cornwall die?
5. Who is with the crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
2. How has Leah Cornwall come to have control of her husband's ship?
3. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
4. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
5. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
6. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
7. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
8. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
9. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
10. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the circumstances under which Greta first sees a house in the fog.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
Essay Topic 3
When Greta first meets Retha's father, he cautions her to be very careful while she is in Blue Cove. Why is it so important that Greta not be hurt while she is in Blue Cove?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)