|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Captain Cheney go back to the shore?
2. Why do the people believe Anthony can't speak?
3. Who offers Mrs. Stanton a ride?
4. How long had the Cornwalls been married when the captain died?
5. What is Greta's father doing when she asks him about the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
2. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
3. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
4. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
5. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
6. What is the time comparison like between Little Valley and Blue Cove?
7. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
8. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
9. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
10. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you believe that the people of Blue Cove knew that Greta was from a different time? Why didn't they just think she was a child who had wandered away from another village?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess' role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe that Greta was able to take the kitten back to her own time with her when she was not able to take the slice of strawberry pie with her? Explain your answer.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)