|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Morrill working on?
2. Where is Retha?
3. What is also planned on the day of Greta's birthday?
4. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
5. Who is with the crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Leah Cornwall come to have control of her husband's ship?
2. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
3. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
4. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
5. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
6. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
7. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
8. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
9. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
10. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Princess' role in the novel.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)