|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened at Blue Cove?
2. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
3. How does Greta feel about Mrs. Trask?
4. What color is the kitten?
5. What item does the duke's aide not bring to Mrs. Stanton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
2. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
3. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
4. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
5. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
6. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
7. How does Retha's mother respond when Retha asks about Greta?
8. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
9. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
10. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Greta's experiences in Blue Cove with those that her father had.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Princess' role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Although Greta was able to tell the people of Blue Cove that Ann's skeleton was found by the bottomless lake, the men of Blue Cove are still not able to find Ann when they go out looking for her. Why do you believe Ann was never found? What might have happened if she were found?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)