|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Retha think Mrs. Stanton has seen the Duke of Kent?
2. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
3. What type of man does Greta believe the man to be?
4. How does Retha speak to Anthony?
5. What color is the kitten?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
2. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
3. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
4. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
5. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
6. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
7. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
8. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
9. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
10. What does Retha think about Anthony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways, if any, does Greta's father encourage her exploration of Blue Cove? In what ways, if any, does Greta's father discourage her exploration of Blue Cove?
Essay Topic 2
What clues are there in the book that the Morrills were part of the Blue Cove that Greta's father knew as well as the one that Greta knew?
Essay Topic 3
What hints does the author give that Greta's father had similar experiences in Blue Cove as Greta has had?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)