|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
2. Besides Greta, who else is visiting in church?
3. What does Mrs. Morrill believe about Anthony?
4. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
5. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
2. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
3. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
4. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
5. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
6. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
7. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
8. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
9. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
10. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Greta was able to tell the people of Blue Cove that Ann's skeleton was found by the bottomless lake, the men of Blue Cove are still not able to find Ann when they go out looking for her. Why do you believe Ann was never found? What might have happened if she were found?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Greta and Retha's personalities. Why do they get along so well together? Are there issues on which they don't agree?
Essay Topic 3
What is Greta's father's role in the novel?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)