|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morrill give Greta as a gift?
2. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
3. What does Greta do when she sees Mrs. Morrill?
4. Where is Retha?
5. What is Mrs. Morrill working on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men bring strange sailors to Anthony's home?
2. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
3. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
4. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
5. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
6. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
7. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
8. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
9. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
10. Describe the Morrill's dinner table.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
When Greta first meets Retha's father, he cautions her to be very careful while she is in Blue Cove. Why is it so important that Greta not be hurt while she is in Blue Cove?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the fog in this story? For example, how does fog affect the people of Little Valley? How does it affect Greta? What happens when it becomes foggy?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)