|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Captain Cornwall die?
2. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
3. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
4. Who suggests the ladies do something to celebrate?
5. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
2. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
3. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
4. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
5. What does Retha think about Anthony?
6. How does Retha's mother respond when Retha asks about Greta?
7. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
8. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
9. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
10. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mrs. Trask's role in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Greta and Retha's personalities. Why do they get along so well together? Are there issues on which they don't agree?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)