|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anthony lived at Blue Cove?
2. Who is the captain of the ship?
3. Why does Greta think the ladies of Blue Cove should be nicer to Laleah?
4. To what animal does Retha's mother compare Anthony?
5. What does Greta's father have in his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Retha's mother respond when Retha asks about Greta?
2. How has Leah Cornwall come to have control of her husband's ship?
3. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
4. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
5. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
6. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
7. Why do the men bring strange sailors to Anthony's home?
8. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
9. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
10. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Greta and Retha's personalities. Why do they get along so well together? Are there issues on which they don't agree?
Essay Topic 3
What is Retha's role in the novel?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)