|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
2. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
3. What does Greta's father have in his hand?
4. How long had the Cornwalls been married when the captain died?
5. How many children does Mrs. Stanton have?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
2. What does Retha think about Anthony?
3. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
4. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
5. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
6. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
7. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
8. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
9. How has Leah Cornwall come to have control of her husband's ship?
10. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Greta was able to tell the people of Blue Cove that Ann's skeleton was found by the bottomless lake, the men of Blue Cove are still not able to find Ann when they go out looking for her. Why do you believe Ann was never found? What might have happened if she were found?
Essay Topic 2
How do you believe that the people of Blue Cove knew that Greta was from a different time? Why didn't they just think she was a child who had wandered away from another village?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe that Greta was able to take the kitten back to her own time with her when she was not able to take the slice of strawberry pie with her? Explain your answer.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)