|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the crowd?
2. How long had the Cornwalls been married when the captain died?
3. Upon what instrument is Grandpa Sanders playing when Mrs. Stanton appears in her dress?
4. Where does Mrs. Stanton live?
5. To what animal does Retha's mother compare Anthony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Morrill's dinner table.
2. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
3. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
4. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
5. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
6. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
7. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
8. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
9. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
10. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is Greta's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anthony's role in the novel. Do you believe he was able to talk? Why or why not?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)