|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Retha speak to Anthony?
2. Who asks Mrs. Stanton if she saw the duke?
3. What has happened since Greta was there last?
4. What color is the kitten?
5. Where is Retha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Greta think her father knew Blue Cove the way she knows it?
2. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
3. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
4. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
5. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
6. How does Retha's mother respond when Retha asks about Greta?
7. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
8. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
9. What does Retha think about Anthony?
10. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the lesson of persistence that one should learn from Mrs. Stanton's story. How does this lady's determination prove that persistence will eventually pay off?
Essay Topic 2
What clues are there in the book that the Morrills were part of the Blue Cove that Greta's father knew as well as the one that Greta knew?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Greta and Retha's personalities. Why do they get along so well together? Are there issues on which they don't agree?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)