|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Greta about Retha's mother?
2. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
3. Where did Ann's employer keep his money?
4. What does Greta's father tell Greta that cellar holes should have?
5. Who, other than Greta, liked the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
2. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
3. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
4. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
5. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
6. Are there any people in the village who do like the fog?
7. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
8. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
9. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
10. Why does Retha's father tell Greta she must be careful when she is in Blue Cove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you believe that the people of Blue Cove knew that Greta was from a different time? Why didn't they just think she was a child who had wandered away from another village?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the lesson of persistence that one should learn from Mrs. Stanton's story. How does this lady's determination prove that persistence will eventually pay off?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)