|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
2. What does Greta have to do in order to be allowed to go out in the fog?
3. Who is waiting for Greta at the entrance to Blue Cove?
4. What does Greta see on the path to Little Cove?
5. What is the road that Greta loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
2. Who is Old Man Himion?
3. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
4. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
5. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
6. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
7. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
8. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
9. What is wrong with Anthony?
10. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anthony's role in the novel. Do you believe he was able to talk? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Greta's experiences in Blue Cove with those that her father had.
Essay Topic 3
When Greta first meets Retha's father, he cautions her to be very careful while she is in Blue Cove. Why is it so important that Greta not be hurt while she is in Blue Cove?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)