|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it seem to Greta since she last saw Retha?
2. What surprises Greta's mother when Greta returns home?
3. What did Greta find in one of the cellar holes?
4. Is Greta familiar with Ann and her story?
5. What does Greta ask her mother to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
2. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
3. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
4. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
5. Why did Ann run away?
6. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
7. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
8. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
9. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
10. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the fog in this story? For example, how does fog affect the people of Little Valley? How does it affect Greta? What happens when it becomes foggy?
Essay Topic 2
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the lesson of persistence that one should learn from Mrs. Stanton's story. How does this lady's determination prove that persistence will eventually pay off?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)