|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the men search for Ann?
2. What part of town do Greta and Retha not have time to see?
3. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
4. What does Laura tell Retha they must not do?
5. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
2. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
3. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
4. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
5. Why did Ann run away?
6. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
7. What does Greta know about Ann?
8. Why does Retha's father tell Greta she must be careful when she is in Blue Cove?
9. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
10. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Talk about the role of Rosie, the cow, in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the circumstances under which Greta first sees a house in the fog.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mrs. Trask's role in the novel.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)