|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it before the fog returns?
2. What is the name of the village in which Greta lives?
3. What is one of the items the men have taken from the wrecked boat?
4. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
5. What is not an item that Retha's father has brought her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ann run away?
2. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
3. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
4. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
5. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
6. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
7. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
8. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
9. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
10. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Greta was able to tell the people of Blue Cove that Ann's skeleton was found by the bottomless lake, the men of Blue Cove are still not able to find Ann when they go out looking for her. Why do you believe Ann was never found? What might have happened if she were found?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anthony's role in the novel. Do you believe he was able to talk? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the silver salt spoon. Where did the Morrills find it? Where did Greta find it?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)