|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta decide to name the kitten?
2. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
3. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be eighteen.
(b) If she is well.
(c) How long she will keep coming.
(d) When she will be twelve.
4. Where do the women gather after church?
(a) The church basement.
(b) Anthony's home.
(c) Greta's home.
(d) The Morrill home.
5. What is the name of the strange ship?
(a) The Morehouse.
(b) The Dory.
(c) The Emmeretta.
(d) The Laleah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Greta think the ladies of Blue Cove should be nicer to Laleah?
2. When did Greta's father get the knife?
3. Why do the people believe Anthony can't speak?
4. How does Greta feel about Mrs. Trask?
5. What does Greta do when she sees Mrs. Morrill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Retha's mother respond when Retha asks about Greta?
2. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
3. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
4. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
5. Why do the names Ansel Cornwall and Leah Cornwall sound familiar to Greta?
6. How has Leah Cornwall come to have control of her husband's ship?
7. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
8. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
9. Why is the day of Greta's birthday the best day for the church picnic?
10. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)