|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta decide to name the kitten?
2. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
3. What happened to Anthony's legs?
(a) They were cut off in an accident.
(b) They were surgically removed.
(c) They were bit off by a shark.
(d) No one is sure.
4. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her grandmother's earrings.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her jewelry.
5. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be eighteen.
(b) How long she will keep coming.
(c) If she is well.
(d) When she will be twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Captain Cheney go back to the shore?
2. Where does Retha tell Greta they are taking the man?
3. Who does Greta talk to about her twelfth birthday?
4. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
5. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Retha think about Anthony?
2. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
3. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
4. What is the time comparison like between Little Valley and Blue Cove?
5. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
6. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
7. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
8. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
9. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
10. How does Retha's mother respond when Retha asks about Greta?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)