|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Greta compare her birthdays?
(a) A sunrise.
(b) A hill.
2. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her grandmother's earrings.
3. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
(a) Little Valley.
(b) Annapolis Royal.
(c) Blue Cove.
4. How many children does Mrs. Stanton have?
5. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
(a) To make the most of each day.
(b) Not to go out when it's foggy.
(c) Not to meddle in others' business.
(d) To be at peace in their own world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta's father say when she tells him she must go back for her sweater?
2. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
3. What is Greta's other world?
4. What has happened at Blue Cove?
5. What is Anthony wearing when he is found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
2. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
3. Why do the men bring strange sailors to Anthony's home?
4. What does Retha think about Anthony?
5. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
6. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
7. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
8. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
9. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
10. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)