|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
(a) Pick flowers.
(b) Boil the water.
(c) Set the table.
(d) Butter the bread.
2. Where does Greta plan to take the kitten?
(a) To Blue Cove.
(b) To Christine.
(c) To church.
(d) To school.
3. What does Retha say to Greta when she leaves?
(a) She asks to go with Greta.
(b) She says she will miss her.
(c) She tries to give her an egg cup.
(d) Retha is not home when Greta leaves.
4. What type of man does Greta believe the man to be?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A pirate.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Greta believe is her horizon?
(a) The fog.
(b) The shore.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Blue Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
2. Besides Greta, who else is visiting in church?
3. What is Greta's other world?
4. How does Greta describe Mrs. Stanton's face?
5. Who offers Mrs. Stanton a ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
2. Why is Greta sad when Mrs. Morrill gives her one of Princess' kittens?
3. How do the men on the Emmeretta require the captain's body to be taken back to Blue Cove?
4. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
5. What is Mrs. Stanton thinking about when she walks into the room of ladies wearing her wedding dress?
6. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
7. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
8. Why does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta "safe passage"?
9. What does Mrs. Stanton take with her to Halifax?
10. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)