|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
(a) A strange ship.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) Ann's ghost.
2. What does Mrs. Morrill give Greta as a gift?
(a) A kitten.
(b) One of the egg cups.
(c) A knife.
(d) A puppy.
3. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
(a) In her family's plot.
(b) She's refusing to allow him to be buried.
(c) In his family's plot.
(d) At sea.
4. From where did the fabric for Mrs. Stanton's wedding dress come?
5. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
(a) A reception room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Back to Mr. Blackthorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what did Captain Cornwall die?
2. With what flower does Mrs. Morrill make a bouquet?
3. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
4. What item does the duke's aide not bring to Mrs. Stanton?
5. Why does Greta think the ladies of Blue Cove should be nicer to Laleah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
2. What does Greta have planned for Wisp and her kittens?
3. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
4. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
5. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
6. What is the time comparison like between Little Valley and Blue Cove?
7. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
8. How does Mrs. Stanton get in to see the duke?
9. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
10. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)