|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What design is Greta's mother stamping onto the butter pats?
(a) A cow's head.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A bonnet.
(d) An acorn.
2. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Gives Greta a ride.
(b) Chides Greta.
(c) Warns Greta to go back.
(d) Runs Greta off the road.
3. What surprises Greta about Retha's mother?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her eyes.
4. What makes Greta feel like Cinderella?
(a) The fog lifting.
(b) Seeing the village.
(c) Seeing a cat.
(d) Going back home.
5. What location does Greta suggest for the school picnic?
(a) The wharf.
(b) Blue Cove.
(c) The mountain.
(d) T.R.'s Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of town do Greta and Retha not have time to see?
2. What does Greta ask her mother to do?
3. How long has it been to Retha since she last saw Greta?
4. What does Greta first mention that makes her realize she is in a different time?
5. What surprises Greta about the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Anthony?
2. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
3. What does Greta know about Ann?
4. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
5. Why does Greta think her father stops often at the sailors' graves?
6. Why did Ann run away?
7. Who is Old Man Himion?
8. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
9. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
10. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)