|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
2. Why do Greta's friend's decide not to go berrying?
(a) The berries aren't ripe.
(b) It is raining.
(c) They want to go swimming.
(d) It is foggy.
3. What is Anthony doing?
(a) Watching children.
(b) Working in his garden.
(c) Preparing a fishing boat.
(d) Walking to his home.
4. By what name does Retha call the girl?
5. What makes Greta feel like Cinderella?
(a) Going back home.
(b) Seeing the village.
(c) Seeing a cat.
(d) The fog lifting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which packages does Retha's father say that Retha likes best?
2. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
3. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
4. What does Retha's father take to old Doc Ingraham?
5. What design is Greta's mother stamping onto the butter pats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
2. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
3. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
4. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
5. Who is Earl Frosst?
6. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
7. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
8. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
9. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
10. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)