|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta claim is found near the bottomless lake?
(a) Ann's skeleton.
(b) Ann's clothes.
(c) The money.
(d) A house where Ann lived.
2. How does Greta get over the mountain?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She is magically transported.
(c) She gets a ride in a surrey.
(d) She walks.
3. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
(a) Talk about her adventure.
(d) Take her parents to Blue Cove.
4. How far does Retha walk with Greta?
(a) To the top of the mountain.
(b) To Post Road.
(c) To the last house at Blue Cove.
(d) To Little Village.
5. Who is the first to greet Greta in the village?
(a) The spirit of a dead sailor.
(d) Old man Himion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Greta feel like Cinderella?
2. Why does Greta suggest T.R.'s Beach?
3. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
4. What does Greta ask her mother to do?
5. What does Retha do when she recognizes the girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Anthony?
2. What does Greta know about Ann?
3. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
4. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
5. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
6. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
7. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
8. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
9. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
10. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)