|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Greta familiar with Ann and her story?
(a) Yes, she has been told Ann is a ghost.
(b) Yes, but she has been told the girl's name is Betty.
(c) Yes, she is friends with a relative of Ann's.
2. What does Mrs. Morrill put in Greta's pail?
(a) A piece of pie.
(b) A letter.
(c) More berries.
(d) A sandwich.
3. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Chides Greta.
(b) Warns Greta to go back.
(c) Runs Greta off the road.
(d) Gives Greta a ride.
4. What is the name of the village that Greta hopes to see?
(a) Little Valley.
(c) Small Passage.
(d) Blue Cove.
5. What are the sentinels that guard Blue Cove?
(a) Two dogs.
(b) Two big boulders.
(c) Two soldiers.
(d) Two gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta have to do in order to be allowed to go out in the fog?
2. What makes Greta feel like Cinderella?
3. How old is Greta when she feels as if she is looking for something in the fog?
4. What does Greta's father ask her about when she returns?
5. When did Greta begin to love the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
2. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
3. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
4. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
5. Who is Old Man Himion?
6. Why did Ann run away?
7. What does Greta know about Ann?
8. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
9. Are there any people in the village who do like the fog?
10. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)