|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Greta get over the mountain?
(a) She gets a ride in a surrey.
(b) She walks.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She is magically transported.
2. What does Retha's father say the men did when the wrecked ship washed away?
(a) Bowed in prayer.
(b) Removed their hats.
(c) Followed it.
3. Why do Greta's friend's decide not to go berrying?
(a) It is foggy.
(b) The berries aren't ripe.
(c) They want to go swimming.
(d) It is raining.
4. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
(a) A church.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The sea.
5. What does Anthony not have?
(c) His own children.
(d) A home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
2. What does Greta tell her mother she might find when she goes out in the fog?
3. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
4. How long has it been to Retha since she last saw Greta?
5. Where does Greta first hear the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
2. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
3. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
4. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
5. Under what circumstances does Greta leave her egg cup at the Morrill home?
6. Why do the men bring strange sailors to Anthony's home?
7. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
8. Describe the man who is with Father Amiraux.
9. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
10. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the Duke of Kent surprising?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)