|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta have to get from Retha's home?
(a) A cat.
(b) A pail of berries.
(c) A spoon.
(d) Her cloak.
2. Who is the first to greet Greta in the village?
(c) The spirit of a dead sailor.
(d) Old man Himion.
3. What does Laura tell Retha they must not do?
(a) Make Greta walk in the fog.
(b) Coax Greta to stay.
(c) Ask to go back with Greta.
(d) Touch Greta.
4. What does Greta's mother want her to take with her on her walk in the fog?
(a) A friend.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A flashlight.
5. What does Greta think she sees in the fog?
(a) A house.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A man.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta see on the path to Little Cove?
2. When did Greta begin to love the fog?
3. Who sees the girl in the woods first?
4. How old is Greta when she feels as if she is looking for something in the fog?
5. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
2. What does Greta know about Ann?
3. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
4. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
5. Why does Greta think her father stops often at the sailors' graves?
6. Under what circumstances does Greta leave her egg cup at the Morrill home?
7. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
8. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
9. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
10. Who is Old Man Himion?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)