|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta's father tell Greta that cellar holes should have?
2. What does the fog seem to be like to Greta?
(a) A magic wall.
(b) A wet rag.
(c) A mysterious cloud.
(d) A spider's web.
3. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
(a) A dress made of calico fabric.
(b) A dress of plum colored silk.
(c) A man's suit.
(d) A dress made out of a potato sack.
4. What does Greta claim is found near the bottomless lake?
(a) The money.
(b) Ann's clothes.
(c) A house where Ann lived.
(d) Ann's skeleton.
5. What does Greta's mother want her to take with her on her walk in the fog?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta have to do in order to be allowed to go out in the fog?
2. What does Greta have to get from Retha's home?
3. What does Greta ask her mother to do?
4. Who sees the girl in the woods first?
5. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Greta think her father stops often at the sailors' graves?
2. Who is Old Man Himion?
3. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
4. Who is Earl Frosst?
5. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
6. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
7. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
8. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
9. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
10. What is wrong with Anthony?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)