|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes the woman in the surrey?
2. How long did the men search for Ann?
(a) Three days.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
3. How long does it seem to Greta since she last saw Retha?
(a) A month.
(b) A few hours.
(c) One day.
4. What is the name of the village that Greta hopes to see?
(a) Blue Cove.
(c) Little Valley.
(d) Small Passage.
5. What is Anthony doing?
(a) Watching children.
(b) Walking to his home.
(c) Working in his garden.
(d) Preparing a fishing boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Greta about Retha's mother?
2. What does Retha do when she recognizes the girl?
3. What does Greta hope will appear on the cellar hole?
4. How far does Retha walk with Greta?
5. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Greta think her father stops often at the sailors' graves?
2. Why did Ann run away?
3. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
4. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
5. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
6. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
7. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
8. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
9. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
10. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)