|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Retha's father take to old Doc Ingraham?
(a) A set of instruments.
(b) A clock.
2. What does Anthony not have?
(a) A home.
(d) His own children.
3. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
(b) He felt the ship moving.
(c) A man's shout.
(d) A whisper of wind.
4. What does Retha do when she recognizes the girl?
(a) Chases her.
(c) Calls for her parents.
(d) Runs away.
5. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to greet Greta in the village?
2. What has Retha's father brought her mother?
3. For what is Greta thankful as she leaves Blue Cove?
4. How long did the men search for Ann?
5. What does Greta first mention that makes her realize she is in a different time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
2. Who is Old Man Himion?
3. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
4. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
5. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
6. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
7. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
8. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
9. Under what circumstances does Greta leave her egg cup at the Morrill home?
10. Why does Retha's father tell Greta she must be careful when she is in Blue Cove?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)