|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
2. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
(a) On a rock.
(b) In a clearing.
(c) In Retha's room.
(d) On the beach.
3. What surprises Greta about Retha's mother?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her eyes.
4. From where does the village look prettiest?
(a) The mountain.
(b) Ezra Knoll.
(c) Greta's roof.
(d) The ship's prow.
5. How long has it been to Retha since she last saw Greta?
(a) A few hours.
(c) A month.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Kil say Greta is?
2. What does Greta claim is found near the bottomless lake?
3. What is the name of the village in which Greta lives?
4. What does the fog seem to be like to Greta?
5. Who, other than Greta, liked the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Retha's father tell Greta she must be careful when she is in Blue Cove?
2. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
3. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
4. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
5. What is wrong with Anthony?
6. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
7. What does Greta know about Ann?
8. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
9. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
10. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)