|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do people think Ann has gone?
(a) To stay with relatives.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To another country.
(d) To stay with friends.
2. Who takes care of the sailors' graves?
(a) Greta's father.
(c) Greta's grandparents.
(d) Greta's mother.
3. What does Greta's mother want her to take with her on her walk in the fog?
(a) A friend.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A sandwich.
4. How long does it seem to Greta since she last saw Retha?
(a) A month.
(b) A few hours.
(d) One day.
5. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Warns Greta to go back.
(b) Gives Greta a ride.
(c) Runs Greta off the road.
(d) Chides Greta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fog seem to be like to Greta?
2. What does Retha do when she recognizes the girl?
3. Why do Greta's friend's decide not to go berrying?
4. What did Greta find in one of the cellar holes?
5. What is the name of the village that Greta hopes to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
2. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
3. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
4. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
5. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
6. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
7. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
8. Who is Earl Frosst?
9. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
10. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)