|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta's father ask her about when she returns?
(a) The lady who gave Greta a ride.
(b) The fog at Blue Cove.
(c) The fog in Little Village.
(d) The walk over the mountain.
2. What does Greta have to do in order to be allowed to go out in the fog?
(a) Milk the cows.
(b) Her chores.
(c) Promise not to get lost.
(d) Cook dinner.
3. How full are the girls' pails at noon?
(a) One-fourth full.
(b) Completely full.
(c) Two-thirds full.
(d) One-half full.
4. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Chides Greta.
(b) Runs Greta off the road.
(c) Gives Greta a ride.
(d) Warns Greta to go back.
5. What location does Greta suggest for the school picnic?
(a) The mountain.
(b) T.R.'s Beach.
(c) Blue Cove.
(d) The wharf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Greta feel when her friends decide not to go berrying?
2. Is Greta familiar with Ann and her story?
3. For what is Greta thankful as she leaves Blue Cove?
4. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
5. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the ladies make Mrs. Stanton's appearance in her dress special?
2. What is wrong with Anthony?
3. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
4. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
5. How does Christine describe her feelings about her twelfth birthday to Greta?
6. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
7. How has Leah Cornwall come to have control of her husband's ship?
8. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
9. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
10. Why is the day of Greta's birthday the best day for the church picnic?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)