|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Retha get for Greta?
(a) A pail.
(c) An egg cup.
(d) A spoon.
2. Who, other than Greta, liked the fog?
(a) Lobster poachers.
(c) Dairy farmers.
3. How does Greta feel when her friends decide not to go berrying?
(d) Not disappointed.
4. What does Anthony not have?
(b) A home.
(d) His own children.
5. What is Greta's father doing when she returns home?
(a) Reading the paper.
(b) Milking the cow.
(c) Comforting Greta's mother.
(d) Looking for Greta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Greta suggest T.R.'s Beach?
2. What is the road that Greta loves?
3. What surprises Greta about the horses?
4. What does Greta's father tell Greta that cellar holes should have?
5. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
2. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
3. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
4. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
5. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
6. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
7. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
8. Who is Old Man Himion?
9. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
10. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)