|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta's mother think of Greta's love of the fog?
(a) It scares her.
(b) It angers her.
(c) She understands her daughter.
(d) She doesn't care.
2. Who pleads with Greta's mom to allow Greta to go out in the fog?
(b) Greta's father.
(c) Old Kil.
3. How does Greta feel when her friends decide not to go berrying?
(b) Not disappointed.
4. What is Greta's father doing when she returns home?
(a) Milking the cow.
(b) Looking for Greta.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Comforting Greta's mother.
5. What is the name of the village in which Greta lives?
(a) Big Sea.
(b) Little Valley.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) Foggy Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Retha walk with Greta?
2. What does Greta have to get from Retha's home?
3. What did Greta find in one of the cellar holes?
4. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
5. What does Old Kil say Greta is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Anthony?
2. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
3. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
4. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
5. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
6. Under what circumstances does Greta leave her egg cup at the Morrill home?
7. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
8. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
9. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
10. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)