|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta wave at the old man?
(a) Her beret.
(b) A flag.
(c) A pail.
(d) Her fist.
2. What name is on the egg cups?
(a) The name of the ship.
(b) Greta's .
3. What does Greta ask her mother to do?
(a) Talk to her father.
(b) Understand her feelings.
(c) Make her a quilt.
(d) Make her a sandwich.
4. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
5. What does Old Kil say Greta is?
(c) Struck by lightening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Greta feel when her friends decide not to go berrying?
2. What is Anthony doing?
3. What does Greta claim is found near the bottomless lake?
4. What does Retha do when she recognizes the girl?
5. What is the name of the village that Greta hopes to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
2. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
3. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
4. Why are the ladies who are picking berries so quiet?
5. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
6. Why does Greta think her father stops often at the sailors' graves?
7. Why did Ann run away?
8. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
9. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
10. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)