|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anthony not have?
(a) His own children.
(b) A home.
2. Where does Greta first hear the horses?
(a) On Old Road.
(b) In Little Village.
(c) Ezra Knoll.
(d) In Blue Cove.
3. What did Grandfather Tidd catch in his net?
(a) A clock.
(b) A dinner plate.
(c) A china doll.
(d) A cup.
4. What has Retha's father brought her mother?
(b) New shoes.
(c) A dress.
(d) A lantern.
5. What does Greta claim is found near the bottomless lake?
(a) Ann's skeleton.
(b) The money.
(c) A house where Ann lived.
(d) Ann's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ann's employer keep his money?
2. Who pleads with Greta's mom to allow Greta to go out in the fog?
3. What does Greta tell her mother she will do when she returns from her journey into the fog?
4. What month is it before the fog returns?
5. What is the road that Greta loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
2. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
3. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
4. What does Greta know about Ann?
5. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
6. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
7. Why does Greta's mother agree to let her go out and explore the fog?
8. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
9. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
10. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)