|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Retha's cat?
(b) Blue Cove.
2. What does Greta also do while she is in the fog?
(a) Collect water.
(b) Pick berries.
(c) Visit a friend.
(d) Pick flowers.
3. What design is Greta's mother stamping onto the butter pats?
(a) An acorn.
(b) A cow's head.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A bonnet.
4. What surprises Greta about the horses?
(a) They aren't able to pull the surrey.
(b) They are trotting up the mountain.
(c) They let the surrey roll backward.
(d) There are six of them.
5. What does Greta first mention that makes her realize she is in a different time?
(a) Her father.
(b) The mountain.
(d) Blue Cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta see on the path to Little Cove?
2. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
3. To whose home does the woman send Greta?
4. What does the woman in the surrey do?
5. What does Greta usually see on the road down from the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
2. Who is Earl Frosst?
3. What does Greta know about Ann?
4. Why did Ann run away?
5. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
6. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
7. Why is the Tollerton significant in this chapter?
8. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
9. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
10. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)