|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
(a) A man's suit.
(b) A dress made out of a potato sack.
(c) A dress of plum colored silk.
(d) A dress made of calico fabric.
2. What does Greta also do while she is in the fog?
(a) Pick flowers.
(b) Pick berries.
(c) Collect water.
(d) Visit a friend.
3. What does Greta have to get from Retha's home?
(a) Her cloak.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pail of berries.
4. When did Greta begin to love the fog?
(a) When she turned ten.
(b) When she was a baby.
(c) When she got lost in the fog.
(d) When she went to look for Rosie.
5. What does Anthony not have?
(a) A home.
(b) His own children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Greta's mother when Greta returns home?
2. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
3. Who pleads with Greta's mom to allow Greta to go out in the fog?
4. Who is Rosie?
5. Why do Greta's friend's decide not to go berrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are there any people in the village who do like the fog?
2. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
3. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
4. What does the first house that Greta sees in the fog become to her?
5. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
6. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
7. What is wrong with Anthony?
8. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
9. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
10. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)