|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pleads with Greta's mom to allow Greta to go out in the fog?
(b) Old Kil.
(d) Greta's father.
2. What surprises Greta about the horses?
(a) They are trotting up the mountain.
(b) They aren't able to pull the surrey.
(c) There are six of them.
(d) They let the surrey roll backward.
3. What does Greta think she sees in the fog?
(a) A cow.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A house.
(d) A man.
4. What name is on the egg cups?
(b) Greta's .
(c) The name of the ship.
5. What is the name of the village that Greta hopes to see?
(b) Blue Cove.
(c) Small Passage.
(d) Little Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose home does the woman send Greta?
2. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
3. Where did Ann's employer keep his money?
4. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
5. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances does Greta leave her egg cup at the Morrill home?
2. Is there any difference in time between Retha and Greta's worlds?
3. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
4. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
5. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
6. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
7. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
8. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
9. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
10. Who is Old Man Himion?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)