|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta have to get from Retha's home?
(a) Her cloak.
(b) A pail of berries.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A cat.
2. What does Greta think she sees in the fog?
(a) A house.
(b) A man.
(c) A cow.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Greta do on her way home?
(a) Calls for Ann.
(b) Looks for bones.
(c) Looks for money.
(d) Runs all the way.
4. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
(a) A dress made out of a potato sack.
(b) A dress of plum colored silk.
(c) A man's suit.
(d) A dress made of calico fabric.
5. For what does Retha tell Greta she's waiting?
(c) A new cat.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
2. What has Retha's father brought her mother?
3. What does Greta first mention that makes her realize she is in a different time?
4. What surprises Greta's mother when Greta returns home?
5. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laura describe Greta's fascination with the fog?
2. Who is Old Man Himion?
3. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
4. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
5. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
6. What are things like when Greta returns to Little Village?
7. Why did Ann run away?
8. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
9. What is in the long box that the men remove from the wrecked ship?
10. Why does Retha's father tell Greta she must be careful when she is in Blue Cove?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)