|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Greta feel like Cinderella?
(a) Seeing the village.
(b) Seeing a cat.
(c) The fog lifting.
(d) Going back home.
2. What surprises Greta about Retha's mother?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her dress.
3. What is one of the items the men have taken from the wrecked boat?
(a) A piano.
(b) Fresh food.
(c) A grandfather clock.
(d) Fishing gear.
4. Where do people think Ann has gone?
(a) To stay with relatives.
(b) To borrow money.
(c) To stay with friends.
(d) To another country.
5. Why does Greta suggest T.R.'s Beach?
(a) Because they can swim there.
(b) Because of the view.
(c) Because it is next to Blue Cove.
(d) Because Hazen likes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the men search for Ann?
2. What is the name of Retha's cat?
3. Why did Ann run away?
4. What is the name of the village that Greta hopes to see?
5. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the day of Greta's birthday the best day for the church picnic?
2. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
3. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
4. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
5. What does Retha think about Anthony?
6. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
7. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
8. Describe Anthony's appearance when Captain Cheney finds him.
9. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
10. Why does the strange ship not land at the Blue Cove wharf?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)