|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
(a) Calls Ann's parents.
(b) Tells the sheriff.
(c) Goes to look for her.
(d) Tells Retha she's seeing things.
2. Who takes care of the sailors' graves?
(a) Greta's mother.
(b) Greta's grandparents.
(d) Greta's father.
3. What does Old Kil say Greta is?
(d) Struck by lightening.
4. Why did Ann run away?
(a) She was accused of killing a child.
(b) She was accused of stealing money.
(c) She was accused of hurting a child.
(d) She got bad grades.
5. What does Laura tell Retha they must not do?
(a) Make Greta walk in the fog.
(b) Touch Greta.
(c) Coax Greta to stay.
(d) Ask to go back with Greta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Greta's mother when Greta returns home?
2. What did Greta find in one of the cellar holes?
3. What does Greta see on the path to Little Cove?
4. Is Greta familiar with Ann and her story?
5. How long did the men search for Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laura Morrill guess Greta's name?
2. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
3. What is the significance of the salt spoon?
4. What are some of the reasons that the people of Little Valley dislike the fog?
5. Where does Mr. Morrill get the items that he gives to his family?
6. What does the lady tell Greta about the two boulders?
7. Under what circumstances does Greta leave her egg cup at the Morrill home?
8. Who is Old Man Himion?
9. What does Greta know about Ann?
10. What are Retha and Greta doing when they see Ann?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)