|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of town do Greta and Retha not have time to see?
(a) The church.
(b) The other houses.
(c) The wharf.
(d) The graveyard.
2. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
(a) Talk about her adventure.
(d) Take her parents to Blue Cove.
3. Where do people think Ann has gone?
(a) To another country.
(b) To stay with friends.
(c) To borrow money.
(d) To stay with relatives.
4. What word describes the woman in the surrey?
5. What does Old Kil say Greta is?
(d) Struck by lightening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta have to do in order to be allowed to go out in the fog?
2. When did Greta begin to love the fog?
3. What does Retha's father take to old Doc Ingraham?
4. What does Greta usually see on the road down from the mountain?
5. What does Retha get for Greta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women of Blue Cove say about Leah?
2. Why does Retha's father tell Greta she must be careful when she is in Blue Cove?
3. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
4. What seems to be the significance of Greta turning twelve?
5. What does Greta do on the first foggy Saturday to ensure she is able to go out?
6. What does Retha think about Anthony?
7. Why has Mrs. Stanton come to Little Valley?
8. Why does Greta think her father stops often at the sailors' graves?
9. Who is Old Man Himion?
10. Why does Greta find the sound of horses' hooves so strange?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)