|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Retha's father take to old Doc Ingraham?
(b) A set of instruments.
(c) A clock.
2. When did Greta begin to love the fog?
(a) When she was a baby.
(b) When she got lost in the fog.
(c) When she turned ten.
(d) When she went to look for Rosie.
3. Why did Ann run away?
(a) She was accused of hurting a child.
(b) She was accused of killing a child.
(c) She was accused of stealing money.
(d) She got bad grades.
4. What does Greta usually see on the road down from the mountain?
(a) An empty beach.
(b) Old man Himion's house.
(c) The village of Blue Cove.
(d) Her father's ship.
5. How long did the men search for Ann?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not an item that Retha's father has brought her?
2. How far does Retha walk with Greta?
3. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
4. What surprises Greta about the horses?
5. What does Greta take with her out in the fog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there fancy items in Blue Cove homes not found in Little Valley homes?
2. What does Greta's father tell her about the kitten?
3. Who is Old Man Himion?
4. What does Greta's father say when she asks him if there will be any more heavy fogs soon?
5. What does Mrs. Stanton say about Mrs. Trask from when she was in school?
6. What circumstances cause Greta to first see something in the fog?
7. Does Mr. Morrill believe that Ann might have been able to keep herself alive in the woods?
8. How does Greta's mother keep her from wandering into the fog?
9. For whom does Retha's mother believe Anthony is looking?
10. Why is there no graveyard in Blue Cove?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)