|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Retha say to Greta when she leaves?
(a) She asks to go with Greta.
(b) She says she will miss her.
(c) She tries to give her an egg cup.
(d) Retha is not home when Greta leaves.
2. What is the name of the strange ship?
(a) The Dory.
(b) The Morehouse.
(c) The Emmeretta.
(d) The Laleah.
3. What is Mrs. Morrill working on?
(a) Canning fruit.
(b) A woven carpet.
(c) A hooked rug.
(d) A sweater.
4. What does Greta do when she sees Mrs. Morrill?
(a) Gives her a kiss.
(d) Hugs her.
5. From where did Anthony come?
(a) Little Valley.
(b) No one knows.
6. What is the first thing that Mrs. Stanton tells the duke?
(a) She has a favor to ask.
(b) She is in trouble.
(c) She is a foreign queen.
(d) She is there uninvited.
7. Where does Mrs. Stanton live?
(a) In Blue Cove.
(b) In Halifax.
(c) In Little Valley.
(d) On the island.
8. What does Greta decide to name the kitten?
9. How does Greta feel about going to church?
(a) A little shy.
(c) She has mixed feelings.
10. What do the women do in preparation for Laleah to come ashore?
(a) Gather at the church.
(b) Clean her house.
(c) Gather extra supplies for Laleah.
(d) Make dinner.
11. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
(d) Falling down.
12. What are the Morrills doing when Greta arrives?
(a) Preparing dinner.
(b) Going to the doctor.
(c) Getting ready for church.
(d) Getting ready for a burial.
13. How does Greta describe Mrs. Stanton's face?
(b) Tired and worn.
14. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
(a) Back to Mr. Blackthorn.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A reception room.
15. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
(a) He's very old.
(b) Marina is his sister.
(c) They don't believe he is the marrying type.
(d) He has gotten divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Retha?
2. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
3. When did Greta's father get the knife?
4. How many children does Mrs. Stanton have?
5. Who suggests the ladies do something to celebrate?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)