|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Retha?
(a) Up the shore with her father.
(b) At school.
(d) At a friend's home.
2. What does Greta watch for the next morning?
(a) A new ship.
(b) A rainbow.
(d) Mrs. Trask's surrey.
3. Why does Captain Cheney go back to the shore?
(a) He saw a ship.
(b) He's looking for Anthony.
(c) He left some gear there.
(d) He heard a cry.
4. How far did Mrs. Stanton walk to see the duke?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Two hundred miles.
(c) Fifty miles.
(d) Five hundred miles.
5. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
(b) Falling down.
6. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
(a) The Duke of Kent.
(b) Mrs. Morrill.
(c) Mrs. Trask.
7. With what flower does Mrs. Morrill make a bouquet?
(a) Baby's breath.
8. Who is the captain of the ship?
(a) Captain Addington.
(b) Captain Morrill.
(c) Captain Morehouse.
(d) Captain Cornwall.
9. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
(a) A reception room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Back to Mr. Blackthorn.
10. What does Greta do when she sees Mrs. Morrill?
(a) Gives her a kiss.
(c) Hugs her.
11. Why does Retha think Mrs. Stanton has seen the Duke of Kent?
(a) She rode home in his carriage.
(b) She looks happy.
(c) She's gotten married.
(d) She has her jewelry back.
12. What color is the kitten?
13. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be eighteen.
(b) How long she will keep coming.
(c) When she will be twelve.
(d) If she is well.
14. What do the men believe Anthony is trying to say?
(a) What happened to him.
(b) His ship's name.
(c) His name.
(d) Where he is from.
15. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
2. What is Greta's other world?
3. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
4. What is the first thing that Mrs. Stanton tells the duke?
5. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)