|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta's father say when she tells him she must go back for her sweater?
(a) Tells her Blue Cove will not be there.
(b) Tells her to wait for the next day.
(c) Allows her to do so.
(d) Goes with her.
2. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her grandmother's earrings.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her wedding dress.
3. What is Greta's other world?
(a) Little Valley.
(c) Blue Cove.
(d) The ocean.
4. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
(a) A strange ship.
(b) Ann's ghost.
(c) A bear.
(d) A snake.
5. What does Mrs. Morrill believe about Anthony?
(a) He's hopeless.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is simple.
(d) He can't hear.
6. How much of the island does Mrs. Stanton say her husband left to her?
(a) One-third of it.
(b) One-half of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) One-fourth of it.
7. What does Greta do when she sees Mrs. Morrill?
(a) Hugs her.
(d) Gives her a kiss.
8. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
9. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be twelve.
(b) If she is well.
(c) How long she will keep coming.
(d) When she will be eighteen.
10. From where did the fabric for Mrs. Stanton's wedding dress come?
11. Why do the people believe Anthony can't speak?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He chooses not to.
(c) He doesn't know the language.
(d) His vocal cords have been cut.
12. How does Greta describe Mrs. Stanton's face?
(a) Tired and worn.
13. How does Mrs. Stanton intend to get to Halifax?
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Ride a horse.
14. To what animal does Retha's mother compare Anthony?
(a) A hooked fish.
(b) A caged eagle.
(c) A lost dog.
(d) An injured cat.
15. What does Mrs. Morrill say it takes to look ahead?
(a) Faith and belief.
(b) Time and courage.
(c) Imagination and love.
(d) A crystal ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Mrs. Stanton tells the duke?
2. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
3. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
4. What has happened at Blue Cove?
5. When did Greta's father get the knife?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)