|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does the duke's aide not bring to Mrs. Stanton?
(c) A bouquet.
(d) A bill of sale.
2. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
(a) Little Valley.
(c) Annapolis Royal.
(d) Blue Cove.
3. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) Mrs. Morrill.
(d) Mrs. Trask.
4. Why does Retha think Mrs. Stanton has seen the Duke of Kent?
(a) She looks happy.
(b) She rode home in his carriage.
(c) She has her jewelry back.
(d) She's gotten married.
5. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
(a) Marina is his sister.
(b) He has gotten divorced.
(c) They don't believe he is the marrying type.
(d) He's very old.
6. What is Greta's father doing when she asks him about the fog?
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Repairing a net.
(d) Walking home.
7. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
(a) In her family's plot.
(b) At sea.
(c) In his family's plot.
(d) She's refusing to allow him to be buried.
8. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
(a) Anthony threatened her.
(b) Her mother told her not to.
(c) She forgot.
(d) It's a secret.
9. How long has Mrs. Stanton been trying to get justice for herself?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
10. From where did the fabric for Mrs. Stanton's wedding dress come?
11. What does Cynthia Blackthorn bring Mrs. Stanton?
(a) A pink rose.
(b) Shoes to match her dress.
(c) A yellow rose.
(d) An invitation to a ball.
12. What is the name of the strange ship?
(a) The Dory.
(b) The Laleah.
(c) The Morehouse.
(d) The Emmeretta.
13. With what flower does Mrs. Morrill make a bouquet?
(d) Baby's breath.
14. Where is the church picnic held?
(a) A high point to the left of the beach.
(b) The clearing of Blue Cove.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In front of the church.
15. What is also planned on the day of Greta's birthday?
(a) The church picnic.
(b) A party at Mrs. Morrill's.
(c) The last day of school.
(d) Mrs. Stanton's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Greta feel about going to church?
2. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
3. How does Mrs. Stanton intend to get to Halifax?
4. When did Greta's father get the knife?
5. What does Greta do as she is on her way home with the other picnic goers?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)