|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be twelve.
(b) If she is well.
(c) How long she will keep coming.
(d) When she will be eighteen.
2. What does Mrs. Morrill say it takes to look ahead?
(a) Imagination and love.
(b) A crystal ball.
(c) Faith and belief.
(d) Time and courage.
3. How long had the Cornwalls been married when the captain died?
(a) Three years.
(b) A few months.
(c) One week.
(d) Ten years.
4. What has Greta's mother planned for her birthday?
(a) A tea with Greta's friends.
(b) A special trip to Blue Cove.
(c) A party at school.
(d) A party at church.
5. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her grandmother's earrings.
(d) Her wedding dress.
6. What do the women do in preparation for Laleah to come ashore?
(a) Gather at the church.
(b) Clean her house.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Gather extra supplies for Laleah.
7. What has happened since Greta was there last?
(a) Anthony has started talking.
(b) Retha has died.
(c) Princess had kittens.
(d) Mrs. Stanton has come back.
8. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
(a) Mrs. Morehouse.
(b) Mrs. Morrill.
(c) Mrs. Trask.
(d) Mrs. Denton.
9. What is Greta's other world?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Blue Cove.
(d) Little Valley.
10. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
(a) Anthony threatened her.
(b) It's a secret.
(c) Her mother told her not to.
(d) She forgot.
11. What does Mrs. Morrill believe about Anthony?
(a) He is intelligent.
(b) He can't hear.
(c) He's hopeless.
(d) He is simple.
12. Where is the church picnic held?
(a) The clearing of Blue Cove.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In front of the church.
(d) A high point to the left of the beach.
13. From where did the fabric for Mrs. Stanton's wedding dress come?
14. Why does Greta think the ladies of Blue Cove should be nicer to Laleah?
(a) Her husband just died.
(b) She's crazy.
(c) She's rich.
(d) She's going to die soon.
15. What does Greta believe is her horizon?
(a) Blue Cove.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The shore.
(d) The fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
2. What does Greta's father have in his hand?
3. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
4. How long has Anthony lived at Blue Cove?
5. Where is Retha?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)