|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
(a) Blue Cove.
(b) Little Valley.
(d) Annapolis Royal.
2. When did Greta's father get the knife?
(a) His tenth birthday.
(b) His twelfth birthday.
(c) His twentieth birthday.
(d) His eighteenth birthday.
3. To what does Greta compare her birthdays?
(b) A hill.
(c) A sunrise.
4. What does Greta believe is her horizon?
(a) The fog.
(b) Blue Cove.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The shore.
5. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
(a) In her family's plot.
(b) In his family's plot.
(c) At sea.
(d) She's refusing to allow him to be buried.
6. What are the Morrills doing when Greta arrives?
(a) Preparing dinner.
(b) Getting ready for church.
(c) Going to the doctor.
(d) Getting ready for a burial.
7. What does Mrs. Morrill believe about Anthony?
(a) He is intelligent.
(b) He can't hear.
(c) He's hopeless.
(d) He is simple.
8. Besides Greta, who else is visiting in church?
(a) A pirate.
(c) Mrs. Trask.
(d) Mrs. Stanton.
9. What distracts Greta from Blue Cove in September?
(c) Storing berries.
10. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
(a) Pick flowers.
(b) Butter the bread.
(c) Boil the water.
(d) Set the table.
11. What is Greta's father doing when she asks him about the fog?
(a) Reading the paper.
(c) Walking home.
(d) Repairing a net.
12. How does Greta feel about Mrs. Trask?
(a) She doesn't like her.
(b) She is wary of her.
(c) She is scared of her.
(d) She likes her.
13. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
(a) Laleah Cornwall.
(b) The mess officer.
(c) No one.
(d) The galley slave.
14. Who is watching at the Morrill's gate?
(d) Mrs. Morrill.
15. How does Greta describe Mrs. Stanton's face?
(c) Tired and worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Greta's mother planned for her birthday?
2. What does Retha say to Greta when she leaves?
3. Who is with the crowd?
4. How does Retha speak to Anthony?
5. Where is Retha?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)