|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
(a) Falling down.
2. Where is the church picnic held?
(a) The clearing of Blue Cove.
(b) In front of the church.
(c) A high point to the left of the beach.
(d) On the beach.
3. What has happened at Blue Cove?
(a) A strange ship is in the harbor.
(b) There is sickness in the town.
(c) There has been a wedding.
(d) There has been an accident.
4. What type of man does Greta believe the man to be?
(a) A priest.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A pirate.
(d) A doctor.
5. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
(a) Mrs. Morrill.
(b) Mrs. Morehouse.
(c) Mrs. Trask.
(d) Mrs. Denton.
6. What does Mrs. Morrill say it takes to look ahead?
(a) Time and courage.
(b) A crystal ball.
(c) Faith and belief.
(d) Imagination and love.
7. What does Mrs. Morehouse ask Mrs. Stanton to do?
(a) Model her dress for them.
(b) Introduce the duke to them.
(c) Show them the pressed flowers.
(d) Go away.
8. What has Greta's mother planned for her birthday?
(a) A party at church.
(b) A special trip to Blue Cove.
(c) A party at school.
(d) A tea with Greta's friends.
9. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
(a) To make the most of each day.
(b) Not to go out when it's foggy.
(c) Not to meddle in others' business.
(d) To be at peace in their own world.
10. Upon what instrument is Grandpa Sanders playing when Mrs. Stanton appears in her dress?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A flute.
(c) A piano.
(d) A tuba.
11. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
(a) Laleah Cornwall.
(b) No one.
(c) The galley slave.
(d) The mess officer.
12. Where does Greta plan to take the kitten?
(a) To Blue Cove.
(b) To church.
(c) To school.
(d) To Christine.
13. What does Greta's father say when she tells him she must go back for her sweater?
(a) Tells her Blue Cove will not be there.
(b) Allows her to do so.
(c) Tells her to wait for the next day.
(d) Goes with her.
14. What does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta?
(a) Happy birthday.
(b) Sweet dreams.
(c) A good night.
(d) Safe passage.
15. How does Greta describe Mrs. Stanton's face?
(b) Tired and worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the fabric for Mrs. Stanton's wedding dress come?
2. How much of the island does Mrs. Stanton say her husband left to her?
3. What are the Morrills doing when Greta arrives?
4. Besides Greta, who else is visiting in church?
5. Where do the women gather after church?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)