|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morehouse ask Mrs. Stanton to do?
(a) Model her dress for them.
(b) Introduce the duke to them.
(c) Show them the pressed flowers.
(d) Go away.
2. What does Greta's father say when she tells him she must go back for her sweater?
(a) Tells her to wait for the next day.
(b) Allows her to do so.
(c) Tells her Blue Cove will not be there.
(d) Goes with her.
3. What is Greta's other world?
(a) Little Valley.
(b) Blue Cove.
(d) The ocean.
4. What does Cynthia Blackthorn bring Mrs. Stanton?
(a) A pink rose.
(b) Shoes to match her dress.
(c) A yellow rose.
(d) An invitation to a ball.
5. Where is Retha?
(a) At church.
(b) At school.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At the shore.
6. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
(a) To be at peace in their own world.
(b) To make the most of each day.
(c) Not to meddle in others' business.
(d) Not to go out when it's foggy.
7. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
(a) She's refusing to allow him to be buried.
(b) In her family's plot.
(c) At sea.
(d) In his family's plot.
8. Who asks Mrs. Stanton if she saw the duke?
(b) Mrs. Morrill.
(c) Mrs. Trask.
9. What is Mrs. Morrill doing as she tells Greta the story of Anthony?
(d) Rocking a baby.
10. What does Greta's father point out to her?
(a) How happy the minister is.
(b) The coming fog.
(c) The coming rain.
(d) That he can see Blue Cove.
11. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
(a) Annapolis Royal.
(c) Blue Cove.
(d) Little Valley.
12. What has happened at Blue Cove?
(a) There has been an accident.
(b) A strange ship is in the harbor.
(c) There is sickness in the town.
(d) There has been a wedding.
13. Where did the Cornwalls go on their honeymoon?
(a) Blue Cove.
(b) The Far East.
(c) Little Valley.
14. Where do the women gather after church?
(a) The Morrill home.
(b) Anthony's home.
(c) The church basement.
(d) Greta's home.
15. Where is Retha?
(a) Up the shore with her father.
(b) At a friend's home.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
2. Who is watching at the Morrill's gate?
3. How long has Anthony lived at Blue Cove?
4. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
5. What is the name of the strange ship?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)