|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stanton intend to get to Halifax?
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Ride a horse.
2. How far did Mrs. Stanton walk to see the duke?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Fifty miles.
(c) Five hundred miles.
(d) Two hundred miles.
3. What does Greta's father point out to her?
(a) How happy the minister is.
(b) The coming rain.
(c) That he can see Blue Cove.
(d) The coming fog.
4. Who offers Mrs. Stanton a ride?
(a) Greta volunteers her father.
(c) Mr. Morrill.
(d) Mrs. Trask.
5. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
(a) Not to go out when it's foggy.
(b) To make the most of each day.
(c) To be at peace in their own world.
(d) Not to meddle in others' business.
6. What distracts Greta from Blue Cove in September?
(a) Storing berries.
7. What does Mrs. Morrill give Greta as a gift?
(a) A knife.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) One of the egg cups.
8. Where is Retha?
(a) At church.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At school.
(d) At the shore.
9. To what does Greta compare her birthdays?
(a) A sunrise.
(b) A hill.
10. How much of the island does Mrs. Stanton say her husband left to her?
(a) One-half of it.
(b) One-third of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) One-fourth of it.
11. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
12. What is the name of the strange ship?
(a) The Dory.
(b) The Emmeretta.
(c) The Laleah.
(d) The Morehouse.
13. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
(a) She's refusing to allow him to be buried.
(b) In his family's plot.
(c) At sea.
(d) In her family's plot.
14. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
(a) Little Valley.
(b) Blue Cove.
(c) Annapolis Royal.
15. Who is the captain of the ship?
(a) Captain Cornwall.
(b) Captain Morrill.
(c) Captain Addington.
(d) Captain Morehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened at Blue Cove?
2. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
3. What color is the kitten?
4. What is Anthony wearing when he is found?
5. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)