|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Greta's other world?
(b) Blue Cove.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Little Valley.
2. How does Greta feel about going to church?
(a) A little shy.
(c) She has mixed feelings.
3. Why does Captain Cheney go back to the shore?
(a) He heard a cry.
(b) He left some gear there.
(c) He saw a ship.
(d) He's looking for Anthony.
4. What is Mrs. Morrill doing as she tells Greta the story of Anthony?
(a) Rocking a baby.
5. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
(a) Anthony threatened her.
(b) She forgot.
(c) Her mother told her not to.
(d) It's a secret.
6. What are Greta's feelings about growing up?
(a) She wants it to stop.
(b) She wants to go live in Blue Cove.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is glad it is happening.
7. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
8. What does Greta's father point out to her?
(a) How happy the minister is.
(b) The coming rain.
(c) That he can see Blue Cove.
(d) The coming fog.
9. What is the name of the strange ship?
(a) The Laleah.
(b) The Dory.
(c) The Emmeretta.
(d) The Morehouse.
10. What is the first thing that Mrs. Stanton tells the duke?
(a) She has a favor to ask.
(b) She is in trouble.
(c) She is there uninvited.
(d) She is a foreign queen.
11. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
(a) No one.
(b) The galley slave.
(c) Laleah Cornwall.
(d) The mess officer.
12. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
(d) Falling down.
13. What did Mrs. Stanton sell to pay for an agent in London?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her grandmother's earrings.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her jewelry.
14. What does Mrs. Morrill say it takes to look ahead?
(a) Time and courage.
(b) Imagination and love.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) Faith and belief.
15. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be twelve.
(b) How long she will keep coming.
(c) If she is well.
(d) When she will be eighteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mrs. Stanton if she saw the duke?
2. To what does Greta compare her birthdays?
3. Where is Retha?
4. What does Greta do as she is on her way home with the other picnic goers?
5. Where is Retha?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)