|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in command of the ship at that time?
(a) The galley slave.
(b) No one.
(c) The mess officer.
(d) Laleah Cornwall.
2. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
(a) Anthony threatened her.
(b) It's a secret.
(c) Her mother told her not to.
(d) She forgot.
3. Why does Captain Cheney go back to the shore?
(a) He's looking for Anthony.
(b) He saw a ship.
(c) He heard a cry.
(d) He left some gear there.
4. What does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta?
(a) Sweet dreams.
(b) Safe passage.
(c) A good night.
(d) Happy birthday.
5. To what does Greta compare her birthdays?
(a) A sunrise.
(b) A hill.
6. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
(a) A strange ship.
(b) Ann's ghost.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bear.
7. How does Mrs. Morrill look when Greta tells her it is her twelfth birthday?
8. Where is Retha?
(a) Up the shore with her father.
(b) At school.
(c) At a friend's home.
9. When did Greta's father get the knife?
(a) His tenth birthday.
(b) His twelfth birthday.
(c) His eighteenth birthday.
(d) His twentieth birthday.
10. Why does Retha think Mrs. Stanton has seen the Duke of Kent?
(a) She's gotten married.
(b) She looks happy.
(c) She has her jewelry back.
(d) She rode home in his carriage.
11. Who offers Mrs. Stanton a ride?
(a) Mr. Morrill.
(b) Mrs. Trask.
(c) Greta volunteers her father.
12. What lesson does Retha's mother believe all people need to learn?
(a) Not to meddle in others' business.
(b) Not to go out when it's foggy.
(c) To be at peace in their own world.
(d) To make the most of each day.
13. Where do the women gather after church?
(a) Greta's home.
(b) The church basement.
(c) Anthony's home.
(d) The Morrill home.
14. In which city did Mrs. Stanton not have friends at whose homes she could rest?
(a) Blue Cove.
(b) Annapolis Royal.
(d) Little Valley.
15. Upon what instrument is Grandpa Sanders playing when Mrs. Stanton appears in her dress?
(a) A flute.
(b) A tuba.
(c) A fiddle.
(d) A piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened since Greta was there last?
2. What is also planned on the day of Greta's birthday?
3. Who asks Mrs. Stanton if she saw the duke?
4. What does Retha say to Greta when she leaves?
5. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)