|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened at Blue Cove?
(a) There is sickness in the town.
(b) There has been a wedding.
(c) A strange ship is in the harbor.
(d) There has been an accident.
2. What does Greta believe is her horizon?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The fog.
(c) The shore.
(d) Blue Cove.
3. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
(a) Mrs. Trask.
(b) Mrs. Morehouse.
(c) Mrs. Morrill.
(d) Mrs. Denton.
4. What has Greta's mother planned for her birthday?
(a) A special trip to Blue Cove.
(b) A party at church.
(c) A tea with Greta's friends.
(d) A party at school.
5. What does Greta's father have in his hand?
(a) A knife he got in Blue Cove.
(b) A spoon he got in Blue Cove.
(c) A mouse.
(d) Food for the kitten.
6. Why do the people believe Anthony can't speak?
(a) He chooses not to.
(b) He doesn't know the language.
(c) His vocal cords have been cut.
(d) He is mute.
7. How long had the Cornwalls been married when the captain died?
(a) Ten years.
(b) A few months.
(c) Three years.
(d) One week.
8. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
(a) Pick flowers.
(b) Set the table.
(c) Boil the water.
(d) Butter the bread.
9. Where did the Cornwalls go on their honeymoon?
(b) The Far East.
(c) Blue Cove.
(d) Little Valley.
10. What is the name of the strange ship?
(a) The Dory.
(b) The Emmeretta.
(c) The Laleah.
(d) The Morehouse.
11. What type of man does Greta believe the man to be?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A pirate.
12. What do the men believe Anthony is trying to say?
(a) What happened to him.
(b) Where he is from.
(c) His ship's name.
(d) His name.
13. From what did Captain Cornwall die?
(a) Yellow fever.
(b) Black plague.
(c) Old age.
14. Where does the duke send Mrs. Stanton?
(b) A reception room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) Back to Mr. Blackthorn.
15. What has happened since Greta was there last?
(a) Retha has died.
(b) Princess had kittens.
(c) Anthony has started talking.
(d) Mrs. Stanton has come back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greta decide to name the kitten?
2. What does Cynthia Blackthorn bring Mrs. Stanton?
3. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
4. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
5. From where did Anthony come?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)