|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta's father point out to her?
(a) How happy the minister is.
(b) The coming fog.
(c) The coming rain.
(d) That he can see Blue Cove.
2. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
3. How does Mrs. Stanton intend to get to Halifax?
(b) Drive a car.
(c) Ride a horse.
4. What is Anthony wearing when he is found?
(a) Indian dress.
(b) Hoop earrings.
(d) A ruffled shirt.
5. Who offers Mrs. Stanton a ride?
(a) Mrs. Trask.
(b) Greta volunteers her father.
(c) Mr. Morrill.
6. From where did the fabric for Mrs. Stanton's wedding dress come?
7. What has Greta's mother planned for her birthday?
(a) A tea with Greta's friends.
(b) A party at church.
(c) A party at school.
(d) A special trip to Blue Cove.
8. How does Greta feel about going to church?
(a) A little shy.
(b) She has mixed feelings.
9. What does Greta do when she sees Mrs. Morrill?
(c) Gives her a kiss.
(d) Hugs her.
10. What is Mrs. Morrill doing as she tells Greta the story of Anthony?
(a) Rocking a baby.
11. With what flower does Mrs. Morrill make a bouquet?
(b) Baby's breath.
12. Which lady suggests they light the room with candles?
(a) Mrs. Morehouse.
(b) Mrs. Morrill.
(c) Mrs. Trask.
(d) Mrs. Denton.
13. How much of the island does Mrs. Stanton say her husband left to her?
(a) One-fourth of it.
(b) One-half of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) One-third of it.
14. What has happened at Blue Cove?
(a) There has been a wedding.
(b) There is sickness in the town.
(c) There has been an accident.
(d) A strange ship is in the harbor.
15. What do Retha and Greta do to prepare for the tea?
(a) Pick flowers.
(b) Boil the water.
(c) Butter the bread.
(d) Set the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Greta from Blue Cove in September?
2. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
3. What has happened since Greta was there last?
4. What does Greta believe is her horizon?
5. Who suggests the ladies do something to celebrate?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)