|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be eighteen.
(b) If she is well.
(c) How long she will keep coming.
(d) When she will be twelve.
2. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
(a) A bear.
(b) A strange ship.
(c) Ann's ghost.
(d) A snake.
3. What does Mrs. Morrill believe about Anthony?
(a) He is intelligent.
(b) He's hopeless.
(c) He can't hear.
(d) He is simple.
4. Why does Retha not tell Greta about Anthony?
(a) Anthony threatened her.
(b) It's a secret.
(c) She forgot.
(d) Her mother told her not to.
5. How far did Mrs. Stanton walk to see the duke?
(a) Two hundred miles.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Five hundred miles.
(d) Fifty miles.
6. What interrupts Mrs. Morrill's story?
7. What does Mrs. Morehouse ask Mrs. Stanton to do?
(a) Introduce the duke to them.
(b) Show them the pressed flowers.
(c) Go away.
(d) Model her dress for them.
8. Where does Greta plan to take the kitten?
(a) To church.
(b) To Blue Cove.
(c) To school.
(d) To Christine.
9. What is the first thing that Mrs. Stanton tells the duke?
(a) She is a foreign queen.
(b) She has a favor to ask.
(c) She is there uninvited.
(d) She is in trouble.
10. With what flower does Mrs. Morrill make a bouquet?
(a) Baby's breath.
11. What are the Morrills doing when Greta arrives?
(a) Getting ready for a burial.
(b) Preparing dinner.
(c) Getting ready for church.
(d) Going to the doctor.
12. Why do the people believe Anthony can't speak?
(a) He is mute.
(b) His vocal cords have been cut.
(c) He chooses not to.
(d) He doesn't know the language.
13. Where does Laleah want to bury her husband.
(a) In his family's plot.
(b) In her family's plot.
(c) At sea.
(d) She's refusing to allow him to be buried.
14. How does Retha speak to Anthony?
(a) She doesn't speak to him.
(b) Softly and gently.
(c) Loudly and distinctly.
(d) In sign language.
15. From where did Anthony come?
(c) Little Valley.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal does Retha's mother compare Anthony?
2. What is Mrs. Morrill doing as she tells Greta the story of Anthony?
3. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
4. Who does Greta talk to about her twelfth birthday?
5. What distracts Greta from Blue Cove in September?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)