|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Morrill ask Greta?
(a) When she will be twelve.
(b) When she will be eighteen.
(c) How long she will keep coming.
(d) If she is well.
2. Who is the captain of the ship?
(a) Captain Morehouse.
(b) Captain Cornwall.
(c) Captain Morrill.
(d) Captain Addington.
3. How long has Mrs. Stanton been trying to get justice for herself?
(a) Three months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
4. Why do the ladies find Greta's comment about the duke's marriage humorous?
(a) Marina is his sister.
(b) He's very old.
(c) He has gotten divorced.
(d) They don't believe he is the marrying type.
5. Who does Greta accidentally mention to her father?
(b) Mrs. Trask.
(c) Mrs. Morrill.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
6. Where is Retha?
(a) At church.
(b) At school.
(c) At the shore.
(d) At a friend's house.
7. What distracts Greta from Blue Cove in September?
(d) Storing berries.
8. What does Mrs. Morehouse ask Mrs. Stanton to do?
(a) Show them the pressed flowers.
(b) Go away.
(c) Introduce the duke to them.
(d) Model her dress for them.
9. What does Mrs. Morrill wish Greta?
(a) Happy birthday.
(b) Safe passage.
(c) A good night.
(d) Sweet dreams.
10. How does Greta describe Mrs. Stanton's face?
(a) Tired and worn.
11. How far did Mrs. Stanton walk to see the duke?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Two hundred miles.
(c) Fifty miles.
(d) Five hundred miles.
12. Upon what instrument is Grandpa Sanders playing when Mrs. Stanton appears in her dress?
(a) A tuba.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) A piano.
(d) A flute.
13. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
(a) A bear.
(b) A strange ship.
(c) A snake.
(d) Ann's ghost.
14. Who does Greta talk to about her twelfth birthday?
(b) Mrs. Morrill.
(c) Her father.
15. Why does Captain Cheney go back to the shore?
(a) He saw a ship.
(b) He left some gear there.
(c) He heard a cry.
(d) He's looking for Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Greta's father get the knife?
2. How many children does Mrs. Stanton have?
3. What is Anthony wearing when he is found?
4. Greta finds her belief in Blue Cove easier than what?
5. How long had the Cornwalls been married when the captain died?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)