|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Retha and Greta eat their bread?
(a) In a clearing.
(b) In Retha's room.
(c) On a rock.
(d) On the beach.
2. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
(a) A whisper of wind.
(b) A man's shout.
(d) He felt the ship moving.
3. What does Retha get for Greta?
(a) A pail.
(b) An egg cup.
(c) A spoon.
4. What is not an item that Retha's father has brought her?
(a) Two silver egg cups.
(b) Two silver egg spoons.
(c) Two salt spoons.
(d) Two silver forks.
5. How long does it seem to Greta since she last saw Retha?
(a) A few hours.
(b) One day.
(d) A month.
6. Who takes care of the sailors' graves?
(b) Greta's father.
(c) Greta's mother.
(d) Greta's grandparents.
7. What is the road that Greta loves?
(a) Valley Road.
(b) Fog Road.
(c) Post Road.
(d) Sea Road.
8. How does Greta get over the mountain?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She is magically transported.
(c) She gets a ride in a surrey.
(d) She walks.
9. What does Retha's father say the men did when the wrecked ship washed away?
(b) Bowed in prayer.
(c) Removed their hats.
(d) Followed it.
10. Why did Ann run away?
(a) She was accused of hurting a child.
(b) She was accused of stealing money.
(c) She got bad grades.
(d) She was accused of killing a child.
11. What does Greta do on her way home?
(a) Looks for money.
(b) Runs all the way.
(c) Looks for bones.
(d) Calls for Ann.
12. What does Greta's father ask her about when she returns?
(a) The lady who gave Greta a ride.
(b) The fog at Blue Cove.
(c) The walk over the mountain.
(d) The fog in Little Village.
13. What time does Greta think might be best for seeing a house in the fog?
14. What is the name of the village in which Greta lives?
(a) Big Sea.
(b) Foggy Valley.
(c) Little Valley.
(d) Cape Cod.
15. What did Greta find in one of the cellar holes?
(a) An egg cup.
(b) An old tool.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) A salt spoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
2. What does Greta first mention that makes her realize she is in a different time?
3. What does Mrs. Morrill put in Greta's pail?
4. How long has it been to Retha since she last saw Greta?
5. Where do people think Ann has gone?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)