|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta also do while she is in the fog?
(a) Visit a friend.
(b) Pick flowers.
(c) Collect water.
(d) Pick berries.
2. What is the name of the village in which Greta lives?
(a) Foggy Valley.
(b) Little Valley.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) Big Sea.
3. What does Greta usually see on the road down from the mountain?
(a) The village of Blue Cove.
(b) Old man Himion's house.
(c) An empty beach.
(d) Her father's ship.
4. What does Greta claim is found near the bottomless lake?
(a) Ann's skeleton.
(b) The money.
(c) Ann's clothes.
(d) A house where Ann lived.
5. What does Greta have to get from Retha's home?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A cat.
(c) A pail of berries.
(d) Her cloak.
6. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Chides Greta.
(b) Warns Greta to go back.
(c) Gives Greta a ride.
(d) Runs Greta off the road.
7. What does the fog seem to be like to Greta?
(a) A magic wall.
(b) A wet rag.
(c) A spider's web.
(d) A mysterious cloud.
8. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
(a) A dress made out of a potato sack.
(b) A man's suit.
(c) A dress made of calico fabric.
(d) A dress of plum colored silk.
9. What does Greta think she sees in the fog?
(a) A house.
(b) A man.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A cow.
10. What meets Greta on the other side of the arch?
(a) A girl her age.
(b) A black dog.
(c) A gray cat.
(d) A fisherman.
11. What does Anthony not have?
(a) His own children.
(c) A home.
12. Who, other than Greta, liked the fog?
(a) Lobster poachers.
(b) Dairy farmers.
13. What is Greta's father doing when she returns home?
(a) Milking the cow.
(b) Comforting Greta's mother.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Looking for Greta.
14. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
15. What does Greta's father tell Greta that cellar holes should have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pleads with Greta's mom to allow Greta to go out in the fog?
2. Which packages does Retha's father say that Retha likes best?
3. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
4. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
5. What does Greta's mother think of Greta's love of the fog?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)