|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
(a) Goes to look for her.
(b) Tells Retha she's seeing things.
(c) Tells the sheriff.
(d) Calls Ann's parents.
2. Where are the sailors' graves?
(a) On Ezra Knoll.
(b) In Little Village
(c) In Blue Cove
(d) On the mainland.
3. What does Greta first mention that makes her realize she is in a different time?
(b) The mountain.
(c) Blue Cove.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Greta also do while she is in the fog?
(a) Pick berries.
(b) Visit a friend.
(c) Collect water.
(d) Pick flowers.
5. What does Retha's father say the men did when the wrecked ship washed away?
(a) Removed their hats.
(b) Bowed in prayer.
(c) Followed it.
6. How does Mr. Morrill describe Ann?
7. Which packages does Retha's father say that Retha likes best?
(a) Heavy ones.
(b) Big ones.
(c) Small ones.
(d) Wrapped ones.
8. What has Retha's father brought her mother?
(a) A dress.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A lantern.
9. What does Greta usually see on the road down from the mountain?
(a) Old man Himion's house.
(b) Her father's ship.
(c) An empty beach.
(d) The village of Blue Cove.
10. How long has it been to Retha since she last saw Greta?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A month.
(d) One day.
11. How does Greta feel when her friends decide not to go berrying?
(a) Not disappointed.
12. What is Anthony doing?
(a) Walking to his home.
(b) Watching children.
(c) Preparing a fishing boat.
(d) Working in his garden.
13. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
(a) A dress made of calico fabric.
(b) A dress made out of a potato sack.
(c) A dress of plum colored silk.
(d) A man's suit.
14. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Warns Greta to go back.
(b) Gives Greta a ride.
(c) Chides Greta.
(d) Runs Greta off the road.
15. What does Retha's father take to old Doc Ingraham?
(a) A set of instruments.
(c) A clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Greta's mother when Greta returns home?
2. For what is Greta thankful as she leaves Blue Cove?
3. What does Greta do on her way home?
4. Who, other than Greta, liked the fog?
5. Where does Greta first hear the horses?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)