|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta tell her mother she will do when she returns from her journey into the fog?
(a) Iron her dress.
(b) Wash the clothes.
(c) Wash the dishes.
(d) Clean her room.
2. Why do Greta's friend's decide not to go berrying?
(a) It is foggy.
(b) They want to go swimming.
(c) It is raining.
(d) The berries aren't ripe.
3. What does Laura tell Retha they must not do?
(a) Coax Greta to stay.
(b) Ask to go back with Greta.
(c) Touch Greta.
(d) Make Greta walk in the fog.
4. What does Greta's father ask her about when she returns?
(a) The fog at Blue Cove.
(b) The fog in Little Village.
(c) The lady who gave Greta a ride.
(d) The walk over the mountain.
5. What does Greta want to do when she returns home?
(b) Talk about her adventure.
(c) Take her parents to Blue Cove.
6. What does Mr. Morrill do when he hears Retha has seen Ann?
(a) Tells Retha she's seeing things.
(b) Tells the sheriff.
(c) Goes to look for her.
(d) Calls Ann's parents.
7. What does the woman in the surrey do?
(a) Gives Greta a ride.
(b) Chides Greta.
(c) Warns Greta to go back.
(d) Runs Greta off the road.
8. What are the sentinels that guard Blue Cove?
(a) Two soldiers.
(b) Two big boulders.
(c) Two gates.
(d) Two dogs.
9. What does Greta ask her mother to do?
(a) Make her a sandwich.
(b) Make her a quilt.
(c) Talk to her father.
(d) Understand her feelings.
10. What is one of the items the men have taken from the wrecked boat?
(a) A grandfather clock.
(b) Fishing gear.
(c) Fresh food.
(d) A piano.
11. What surprises Greta about Retha's mother?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her voice.
12. What does Greta also do while she is in the fog?
(a) Pick flowers.
(b) Collect water.
(c) Visit a friend.
(d) Pick berries.
13. Which packages does Retha's father say that Retha likes best?
(a) Wrapped ones.
(b) Heavy ones.
(c) Small ones.
(d) Big ones.
14. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
(b) The mountain.
(c) The sea.
(d) A church.
15. What does Greta's mother think of Greta's love of the fog?
(a) It angers her.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) It scares her.
(d) She understands her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
2. What surprises Greta's mother when Greta returns home?
3. Who, other than Greta, liked the fog?
4. How far does Retha walk with Greta?
5. What does Retha get for Greta?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)