|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greta also do while she is in the fog?
(a) Pick berries.
(b) Visit a friend.
(c) Collect water.
(d) Pick flowers.
2. Who takes care of the sailors' graves?
(b) Greta's father.
(c) Greta's grandparents.
(d) Greta's mother.
3. What does Greta usually see on the road down from the mountain?
(a) An empty beach.
(b) Her father's ship.
(c) The village of Blue Cove.
(d) Old man Himion's house.
4. What can one see from the Blue Cove homes?
(a) The mountain.
(c) The sea.
(d) A church.
5. What month is it before the fog returns?
6. What does Greta see on the path to Little Cove?
(b) A cat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A house.
7. What did Greta find in one of the cellar holes?
(a) A salt spoon.
(b) An egg cup.
(c) An old tool.
(d) A child's toy.
8. What does Greta hope will appear on the cellar hole?
(a) A house.
(b) A cover.
(c) An old man.
(d) A rainbow.
9. How long has it been to Retha since she last saw Greta?
(b) A few hours.
(c) A month.
(d) One day.
10. What is the lady in the surrey wearing?
(a) A dress of plum colored silk.
(b) A man's suit.
(c) A dress made out of a potato sack.
(d) A dress made of calico fabric.
11. For what is Greta thankful as she leaves Blue Cove?
(a) The fog.
(b) Her new friend.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her home.
12. What is Anthony doing?
(a) Working in his garden.
(b) Watching children.
(c) Preparing a fishing boat.
(d) Walking to his home.
13. Who is Rosie?
(a) Greta's mother.
(b) A cow.
(c) Greta's nanny.
(d) A cat.
14. What does Retha's father say the men did when the wrecked ship washed away?
(a) Bowed in prayer.
(b) Followed it.
(c) Removed their hats.
15. By what name does Retha call the girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is on the egg cups?
2. What does the fog seem to be like to Greta?
3. Why does Greta suggest T.R.'s Beach?
4. What does Greta's father ask her about when she returns?
5. Why do Greta's friend's decide not to go berrying?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)