|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: The Government House Ball.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what instrument is Grandpa Sanders playing when Mrs. Stanton appears in her dress?
(a) A fiddle.
(b) A tuba.
(c) A piano.
(d) A flute.
2. What does Retha's father take to old Doc Ingraham?
(b) A clock.
(c) A set of instruments.
3. What does the fog seem to be like to Greta?
(a) A magic wall.
(b) A mysterious cloud.
(c) A wet rag.
(d) A spider's web.
4. What does Mrs. Morrill think Greta has seen?
(a) A strange ship.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) Ann's ghost.
5. Where is Retha?
(a) At church.
(b) At the shore.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) At school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warned Retha's father the wrecked ship was about to wash away?
2. What does Mrs. Morrill put in Greta's pail?
3. What does Mrs. Morrill believe about Anthony?
4. What does the woman in the surrey do?
5. What is not an item that Retha's father has brought her?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)