|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Friday live in Part Two?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In a room next to Susan's.
(c) In a large broom closet.
(d) In Susan's room.
2. Who claims to have been born in Deptford in May of 1702?
(a) Mr. Foe.
(b) George Lewes.
(c) Young Susan.
(d) Shane LaFountain.
3. What does Susan catch some boys trying to do, in April of Part Two?
(a) Put something into her mail slot.
(b) Steal the money she received from Mr. Foe.
(c) Looking for a peek at the cannibal.
(d) Fighting over a girl.
4. What does Mr. Foe say it is a shame that Cruso didn't save from the wreck?
(a) Ink and paper.
(b) His wife.
(c) Muskets, powder or tools.
(d) Seeds of some sort.
5. Why does Susan say she is eager for Mr. Foe to complete her project in May of Part Two?
(a) She wants to leave town.
(b) She wants to continue the search for her daughter.
(c) She wants to forget about the island and move on.
(d) She needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Susan's dance?
2. What does Susan compare Friday to when she decides not to send him on the ship?
3. What do Susan and Friday grow in their garden?
4. How does Susan feel about allowing the watcher to stay with her in Part Two?
5. What does Susan say the terraces on the island come to resemble with the passage of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Foe impact the novel in Part Two?
2. Describe how Susan and young Susan first meet.
3. Why does Susan doubt young Susan's story?
4. Why does Susan decide at the last moment not to put Friday on the ship to Africa?
5. What are Susan's insecurities in Part Two?
6. Explain Susan's concerns over her story.
7. What is the significance of Susan putting her written pages into Mr. Foe's basket?
8. Describe Susan and Friday's living conditions when they first arrive in the city in Part Two.
9. Why does Susan say that she and Friday live in Mr. Foe's house "like poor relations"?
10. Is Susan a loving person?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)