|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan say the terraces on the island come to resemble with the passage of time?
(c) Birth and death.
2. What does Susan say might be a way to communicate with Friday?
(a) Nature walks.
(b) Teaching him to read and write.
(d) By gardening with him.
3. What clue is given that Susan knew Mr. Foe before coming hiring him to write her story?
(a) She describes the house before arriving.
(b) The atlas in the study.
(c) The music box.
(d) She describes Mr. Foe's fondness for rose gardens prior to meeting him.
4. Who receives a letter "for your master" in Part Two?
(c) The old man.
(d) The young girl.
5. What happens when Susan tries to give the person who watches the house a packet of letters?
(a) The person refuses them.
(b) Susan faints upon recognizing the person.
(c) The person hands her a slim envelope.
(d) Susan is attacked and knocked unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first indication Susan receives, in April, that there is a problem with Mr. Foe?
2. Who is George Lewes?
3. What does Susan find on the side of the road at the end of Part Two?
4. What does Susan lament in the telling of her story?
5. Who does Susan realize is willing to take Friday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Susan's dance important?
2. What forms the bond between Susan and Friday in Part Two?
3. What are Susan's insecurities in Part Two?
4. Explain Susan's concerns over her story.
5. How does Mr. Foe impact the novel in Part Two?
6. How does young Susan describe herself?
7. Describe the settings in Part Two.
8. How does Susan feel about Friday in Part Two?
9. Describe how Susan and young Susan first meet.
10. Is Susan a loving person?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)