|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What haunts Susan about what she finds on the side of the road at the end of Part Two?
(a) It's eyes.
(b) A word written on it.
(c) A blood stain.
(d) That it has been placed on a log in her path.
2. What do Susan and Friday grow in their garden?
(a) Carrots and beans.
(b) Peas and potatoes.
(c) Weeds and wildflowers.
(d) Cabbage and corn.
3. Where does Friday live in Part Two?
(a) In a large broom closet.
(b) In Susan's room.
(c) In a room next to Susan's.
(d) In a cellar.
4. Who does Susan realize is willing to take Friday?
(a) Captain Maxwell.
(b) A fishing vessel.
(c) The captain of the Hobart.
(d) Those who will sell him to slavers.
5. What does Susan say Cruso would have done if he had been a true adventurer?
(a) Experimented with cannibalism.
(b) Planted a seed in the only fertile womb on the island.
(c) Found a way off the island, if only by death.
(d) Returned to civilization alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan say that eating human flesh is bound to be like?
2. What does Susan do with the money she receives from Mr. Foe in the beginning of Part Two?
3. What does Susan say might be a way to communicate with Friday?
4. What happens when Susan tries to give the person who watches the house a packet of letters?
5. What does Susan worry about regarding the story of her life as a cast-away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Susan say that she and Friday live in Mr. Foe's house "like poor relations"?
2. How does Susan feel about Friday in Part Two?
3. Why does Susan decide at the last moment not to put Friday on the ship to Africa?
4. How does Mr. Foe impact the novel in Part Two?
5. Describe Susan and Friday's living conditions when they first arrive in the city in Part Two.
6. Is Susan a loving person?
7. Why is Susan's dance important?
8. What is the significance of Susan putting her written pages into Mr. Foe's basket?
9. Why does Susan doubt young Susan's story?
10. What is Susan's reaction when Mr. Foe's letter is returned unopened?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)