|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susan say that Cruso came to be stranded, in Part One?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) HIs family drowned at sea and he survived.
(c) He was a captain whose crew mutinied and left him stranded..
(d) He and Friday are the only survivors of a slave ship.
2. Why does Cruso say he never tried to build a boat?
(a) The current would not allow them to leave.
(b) He doesn't know where he would escape to.
(c) He has no desire to leave.
(d) Supplies are not available.
3. What does Cruso grow near his shelter?
(c) Sweet peppers.
4. Why does the woman in the beginning of the story say she slips over the side of the boat and swims to shore?
(a) She cannot row any further.
(b) The boat is leaking.
(c) To escape the other occupant of the boat.
(d) To get to a person on shore.
5. What does Cruso tell Susan about punishing Friday?
(a) There is never a need for punishment.
(b) Only a man can punish another man.
(c) Occasional punishment keeps him in line.
(d) Ignoring Friday is the worst punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan believe that being on the island is?
2. How long is Cruso ill, in Part One?
3. What message does Susan try to convey to Friday at the end of Part One?
4. What does the woman ask for when she first swims ashore?
5. Why was Susan traveling to Bahia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lizard that Susan finds important?
2. Describe the events that lead in the main characters' escape from the island.
3. Explain why Susan and Cruso have a fight over shoes.
4. Describe Susan and Cruso's relationship while on the island.
5. Where is Susan's daughter?
6. Describe Cruso's health.
7. How does Susan and Cruso's relationship change once they are rescued?
8. How does Susan feel about Friday when they first meet?
9. Why does Susan believe that she is on the island?
10. How does Cruso feel about leaving the island?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)