|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Susan sleep on her first night on the island?
(a) On a hammock.
(b) In Cruso's bed.
(c) On a bed of grass.
(d) On a woven mat.
2. How does Susan react to Cruso's explanations of the laws of the island?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs at his laws.
(c) With dissatisfaction.
(d) With growing respect.
3. Who was in the rowboat with Susan?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) A slave.
(c) Her lover.
(d) The captain.
4. Where was Susan traveling when her boat ran into trouble?
5. What does Susan bring back to camp after disobeying Cruso on her third day on the island?
(a) Root vegetables.
(b) Wood to build a raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susan say she would consider getting pregnant by Cruso?
2. What does Cruso say will act as a statement of his time on the island?
3. Where do Cruso and Friday sleep, when Susan first meets them?
4. Why does Susan say that Cruso wants to remain on the island?
5. What is the name of the ship that rescues Susan and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan come to see Friday as a being with a soul?
2. What is Susan's first impression of the island?
3. Describe Cruso's health.
4. Describe the events that lead in the main characters' escape from the island.
5. How does Cruso feel about leaving the island?
6. How does Susan and Cruso's relationship change once they are rescued?
7. Describe Susan and Cruso's relationship while on the island.
8. How does the Captain of the Hobart react to Susan's story of being a castaway on the island?
9. Why is the lizard that Susan finds important?
10. What is Friday's role on the island?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)