|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meal that Susan enjoys after the ship first arrives on the island?
(a) Biscuits, cheese and ale.
(b) Pork, biscuits and wine.
(c) Cheese and fruit.
(d) An apple, cheese and wine.
2. Who steps on a thorn in the first section of the story?
(c) The unnamed boy.
3. What does Cruso tell Susan about punishing Friday?
(a) There is never a need for punishment.
(b) Only a man can punish another man.
(c) Occasional punishment keeps him in line.
(d) Ignoring Friday is the worst punishment.
4. Where does Susan see Friday working when she awakens her first morning on the island?
(a) At a stone stove.
(b) In a crop field.
(c) In the water by the shore.
(d) Up high in a tree.
5. What name does Cruso give to his shelter?
(a) Camp Charlotte.
(b) Camp Cruso.
(c) The castle.
(d) The fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan do when she wakes to find Cruso's hand exploring her body after she has crawled into bed with him?
2. How does Susan end up on the island?
3. What does Susan tell the ship's mates?
4. What, according to Cruso, is true of Friday?
5. What does Susan do on her third day on the island after she disobeys Cruso?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Friday's communication with Susan limited?
2. How does Susan feel about Friday when they first meet?
3. How does Susan come to see Friday as a being with a soul?
4. How does Friday feel about leaving the island?
5. What is Friday's role on the island?
6. Explain why Susan and Cruso have a fight over shoes.
7. Where is Susan's daughter?
8. Why do Cruso and Friday work on the terraces?
9. Describe Cruso's health.
10. Describe the events that lead in the main characters' escape from the island.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)