|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cares for the person (or persons) who falls after Susan has been on the island for one year?
(d) No one, the person is left alone.
2. How does Susan react to Cruso's explanations of the laws of the island?
(a) With dissatisfaction.
(b) With growing respect.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She laughs at his laws.
3. What is the meal that Susan enjoys after the ship first arrives on the island?
(a) Cheese and fruit.
(b) An apple, cheese and wine.
(c) Pork, biscuits and wine.
(d) Biscuits, cheese and ale.
4. How does Cruso react to the arrival of a ship on the island?
(a) He cries tears of joy and relief.
(b) He is scared and tries to run away.
(c) He sits without emotion.
(d) He fights the men who try to get him to board.
5. What does Susan do when she wakes to find Cruso's hand exploring her body after she has crawled into bed with him?
(a) Jumps out of the bed.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Encourages him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susan describe the food on the island?
2. Where does Susan sleep on her first night on the island?
3. What does Cruso grow near his shelter?
4. What does Cruso tell Susan about the laws of the island?
5. What does Cruso tell Susan about punishing Friday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan feel about Friday when they first meet?
2. Describe Susan and Cruso's relationship while on the island.
3. How does Cruso feel about leaving the island?
4. Explain why Susan and Cruso have a fight over shoes.
5. Does Susan respect Cruso?
6. Why is the lizard that Susan finds important?
7. Describe Cruso's castle.
8. Describe Cruso's health.
9. Why does Susan believe that she is on the island?
10. Why do Cruso and Friday work on the terraces?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)