|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a ship arrives on the island?
(a) Friday runs away.
(b) The captain recognizes Susan.
(c) Friday is shot.
(d) Cruso is put in handcuffs.
2. What does Cruso grow near his shelter?
(c) Sweet peppers.
3. What is the name of the ship that rescues Susan and the others?
(a) The Redemption.
(b) The Hobart.
(c) The Clayton.
(d) The Sumner P.
4. Who was in the rowboat with Susan?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) A slave.
(c) The captain.
(d) Her lover.
5. Where was Susan traveling when her boat ran into trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susan describe the rhythm of the wind and rain on the island in Part One?
2. Where does Susan see Friday working when she awakens her first morning on the island?
3. How does Susan say that Cruso came to be stranded, in Part One?
4. How does Susan react to Cruso's explanations of the laws of the island?
5. Why does Susan say that Cruso wants to remain on the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cruso's health.
2. Does Susan respect Cruso?
3. Why is Friday's communication with Susan limited?
4. What is Friday's role on the island?
5. Why do Cruso and Friday work on the terraces?
6. How does Cruso feel about leaving the island?
7. Describe Cruso's appearance.
8. Why does Susan believe that she is on the island?
9. Describe the events that lead in the main characters' escape from the island.
10. Describe Cruso's castle.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)