|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan say was her father's name?
2. Why was Susan traveling to Bahia?
(a) To join her husband.
(b) To become a missionary.
(c) To look for her daughter.
(d) To teach.
3. What message does Susan try to convey to Friday at the end of Part One?
(a) That Cruso is dead.
(b) That she will meet him in his cabin.
(c) That she is with child.
(d) That she will protect him.
4. What tool does Cruso first give to Susan?
(a) A fish bone needle.
(b) A writing utensil.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A clay cooking bowl.
5. What does Cruso tell Susan when he gives her a knife in Part One?
(a) To find food if she is hungry.
(b) To remain nearby.
(c) To make herself useful.
(d) To be very careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cruso respond to leaving on the ship?
2. How does Susan react to Cruso's explanations of the laws of the island?
3. Who sinks into a depression after Susan's arrival on the island?
4. How does Susan respond to Friday's actions when she first sees him paddle out onto the bay?
5. What is the name of the ship that rescues Susan and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the lizard that Susan finds important?
2. How does Friday feel about leaving the island?
3. Describe Cruso's appearance.
4. Describe Cruso's castle.
5. How does Susan feel about Friday when they first meet?
6. Where is Susan's daughter?
7. How does Susan come to see Friday as a being with a soul?
8. Does Susan respect Cruso?
9. How does the Captain of the Hobart react to Susan's story of being a castaway on the island?
10. Describe the events that lead in the main characters' escape from the island.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)