|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Susan take into the forest toward Cheshunt?
(a) Young Susan.
(b) Mr. Foe.
(c) Mrs. Maxwell.
(d) Constable Greer.
2. Who claims to have been born in Deptford in May of 1702?
(a) Young Susan.
(b) Shane LaFountain.
(c) Mr. Foe.
(d) George Lewes.
3. What does Susan say about mothers and children?
(a) They share an unbreakable bond.
(b) Children never seek lost parents.
(c) Mothers carry a sense of their offspring for life.
(d) They burden each other for life.
4. Where does Susan dance?
(a) Outside in the rain.
(b) In a ballroom.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a barn.
5. What does Mr. Foe say it is a shame that Cruso didn't save from the wreck?
(a) Ink and paper.
(b) Seeds of some sort.
(c) Muskets, powder or tools.
(d) His wife.
6. Who does the person who watches the house where Susan and Friday live claim to be?
(a) Susan's uncle.
(b) Susan's daughter.
(c) Mr. Foe's brother.
(d) Mr. Foe's aunt.
7. What haunts Susan about what she finds on the side of the road at the end of Part Two?
(a) That it has been placed on a log in her path.
(b) A blood stain.
(c) A word written on it.
(d) It's eyes.
8. Where does Susan put the finished pages of her story?
(a) In a secretary desk.
(b) In the lining of a coat.
(c) In a chest.
(d) In a basket on top of a desk.
9. What does Susan find on the side of the road at the end of Part Two?
(a) A sash from a young girl's dress.
(b) A book by Mr. Foe.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A dead baby.
10. What does Susan tell her young guest about that person's father?
(a) He is more spirit than human.
(b) He can not speak.
(c) He is a cruel man who has abandonded her.
(d) He is a writer named Daniel Foe.
11. What elements does Susan suggest adding to her story?
(a) Another group of hostile cast-aways.
(b) Cannibals and corn seeds.
(c) Pregnancy and how Friday lost his tongue.
(d) Passion and sex.
12. Where does Friday live in Part Two?
(a) In Susan's room.
(b) In a room next to Susan's.
(c) In a large broom closet.
(d) In a cellar.
13. How does Friday respond to live in the city, at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) He is not happy.
(b) He is fascinated by it.
(c) He is agitated and scared.
(d) He shows no change at all.
14. Who tells Susan that he or she has been following her?
(a) George Lewes.
(b) Mrs. Maxwell.
(c) Young Susan.
(d) The constable.
15. How is Susan feeling when she starts to dance?
(b) Wet and hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is The King's Arms?
2. How are the events of Part Two communicated?
3. What does Susan teach Friday how to do, to keep him active?
4. What does Susan say might be a way to communicate with Friday?
5. How does Susan attempt to get passage to Africa for Friday?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)