|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susan attempt to get passage to Africa for Friday?
(a) With the money from Mr. Foe.
(b) By telling the captain he is loyal and strong.
(c) She asks her dance partner.
(d) By getting him a job as a deckhand.
2. What does Susan lament in the telling of her story?
(a) That she can't claim a child conceived on the island.
(b) That she never learned how to write.
(c) That Cruso isn't alive to help her tell it.
(d) That she doesn't know how Friday lost his tongue.
3. What best describe the dwelling where Susan lives in Part Two?
(a) Her grandfather's house.
(b) An inn.
(c) A second story apartment.
(d) A rented cottage.
4. Who does Susan find when she goes to Mr. Foe's home on May 1st?
(b) Mr. Foe and Mr. Lewes.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) The captain of the Hobart.
5. How is Susan feeling when she starts to dance?
(c) Wet and hungry.
6. Where do Susan and Friday move to at the end of May in Part Two?
(a) Mr. Lewes' house.
(b) A ground floor apartment with a spare room.
(c) The King's Arms.
(d) Mr. Foe's house.
7. What does Susan say that eating human flesh is bound to be like?
(a) Eating the meat at the pub.
(b) Any other mindless ritual.
(c) Eating chicken.
(d) Any other human sin.
8. What does Susan tell Mr. Foe about escaping from the island on a small boat?
(a) The winds made escape impossible.
(b) She tried it but the boat capsized and was ruined.
(c) The undertow made small boats a hazard.
(d) She tried it, but lacked the proper tools to build a boat.
9. Where does Susan put the finished pages of her story?
(a) In a chest.
(b) In a secretary desk.
(c) In the lining of a coat.
(d) In a basket on top of a desk.
10. Who does Susan say is father-born?
(c) George Lewes.
(d) Young Susan.
11. What does Susan compare Friday to when she decides not to send him on the ship?
(a) A clinging vine.
(b) Herself, as a child.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) An unloved child.
12. What picture does Susan recall drawing for Friday?
(b) A man being shipwrecked.
(c) Men cutting out another's tongue.
(d) The terraces with corn growing.
13. Where does Susan dance?
(a) In a church.
(b) Outside in the rain.
(c) In a ballroom.
(d) In a barn.
14. Who claims to have been born in Deptford in May of 1702?
(a) Young Susan.
(b) Shane LaFountain.
(c) George Lewes.
(d) Mr. Foe.
15. What does Susan compare to moving the stones on the island?
(a) Talking to young Susan.
(b) Talking to Friday.
(c) Shopping for a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Friday respond to live in the city, at the beginning of Part Two?
2. How does Susan feel about allowing the watcher to stay with her in Part Two?
3. What is The King's Arms?
4. Who does Susan notice watching the house where she lives with Friday, after they have moved to the second location?
5. Who does Susan take into the forest toward Cheshunt?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)