|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Susan lives in Part Two?
(a) Lone Lane.
(b) Clock Lane.
(c) Darbyshire Street.
(d) Maple Avenue.
2. What haunts Susan about what she finds on the side of the road at the end of Part Two?
(a) It's eyes.
(b) A blood stain.
(c) That it has been placed on a log in her path.
(d) A word written on it.
3. What is The King's Arms?
(a) A shop that sells trinkets.
(b) Mr. Foe's first book.
(c) Mr. Foe's home.
(d) An inn and pub.
4. What does Susan thank Mr. Foe for giving back to her?
(d) A sense of purpose.
5. What is true of George Lewes, according to the person who visits Susan in Part Two?
(a) He left a large, unclaimed inheritance.
(b) He is a gifted musician.
(c) He was a gambler.
(d) He has a wooden leg.
6. How does Susan feel after her dance?
7. Who does Susan notice watching the house where she lives with Friday, after they have moved to the second location?
(a) An old man.
(b) The nosy old woman from the millner's shop.
(c) A handsome young constable.
(d) A young girl.
8. What does Susan find in a case?
(a) A photograph.
(b) Ink and a pen.
(d) Mr. Foe's next story.
9. What elements does Susan suggest adding to her story?
(a) Another group of hostile cast-aways.
(b) Pregnancy and how Friday lost his tongue.
(c) Passion and sex.
(d) Cannibals and corn seeds.
10. Where do Susan and Friday move to at the end of May in Part Two?
(a) Mr. Foe's house.
(b) Mr. Lewes' house.
(c) A ground floor apartment with a spare room.
(d) The King's Arms.
11. Where do Susan and Friday go to find passage for Friday back to his native people?
(a) The dock at Tudor Lane.
(c) Port Charles.
12. Who does Susan take into the forest toward Cheshunt?
(a) Mrs. Maxwell.
(b) Young Susan.
(c) Mr. Foe.
(d) Constable Greer.
13. Where does Friday live in Part Two?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In Susan's room.
(c) In a large broom closet.
(d) In a room next to Susan's.
14. Who is George Lewes?
(a) The young constable.
(b) An attorney.
(c) The man young Susan says is her father.
(d) Mr. Foe's brother.
15. What does Susan worry about regarding the story of her life as a cast-away?
(a) That she won't make enough money to live off of it,
(b) That people will think she is lying.
(c) That people will findher immoral.
(d) That it isn't exciting enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan say that eating human flesh is bound to be like?
2. Who receives a letter "for your master" in Part Two?
3. Who does Susan believe sent the person who watches the house where Susan and Friday live?
4. What is the first indication Susan receives, in April, that there is a problem with Mr. Foe?
5. Where does Susan put the finished pages of her story?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)