|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan believe that being on the island is?
(a) Of the three castaways, this is most difficult for Cruso.
(b) A punishment.
(c) A trial from God to test her faith.
(d) A chance at redemption.
2. Where does Susan see Friday working when she awakens her first morning on the island?
(a) At a stone stove.
(b) In the water by the shore.
(c) In a crop field.
(d) Up high in a tree.
3. What does Cruso tell Susan about the laws of the island?
(a) "The only law is we will work for our bread."
(b) "The only law is to do what I say."
(c) "The laws are meant for the protection of us all."
(d) "There are no laws."
4. What do Cruso and Friday work on everyday, when Susan first arrives on the island?
(a) Making tools.
(b) Improvements to the shelter.
(c) The terraces.
(d) The crop field.
5. Who falls ill in Part One, after Susan has been on the island for one year?
(d) Friday and Cruso.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Susan react to Cruso's explanations of the laws of the island?
2. Why was Susan traveling to Bahia?
3. Why does Cruso say he never tried to build a boat?
4. What name does Cruso give to his shelter?
5. How is Susan feeling when she starts to dance?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)