|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susan disobey Cruso on her third day on the island?
(a) By looking through his things.
(b) By wandering in the woods alone.
(c) By making lunch.
(d) By leaving the hut.
2. What do Cruso and Friday work on everyday, when Susan first arrives on the island?
(a) Making tools.
(b) Improvements to the shelter.
(c) The crop field.
(d) The terraces.
3. Who cares for the person (or persons) who falls after Susan has been on the island for one year?
(a) No one, the person is left alone.
4. What do Susan and Friday start to do together in Part Two?
(a) Ride in a row boat.
(b) Look at stars.
(c) Pull weeds.
(d) Play music.
5. Why doesn't Friday speak to Susan?
(a) He is shy.
(b) Cruso has told him not to.
(c) He has no tongue.
(d) Out of his respect for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Susan that he or she has been following her?
2. Why does Susan say she is eager for Mr. Foe to complete her project in May of Part Two?
3. Why was Susan traveling to Bahia?
4. What clue is given that Susan knew Mr. Foe before coming hiring him to write her story?
5. What best describes the person who first meets the woman who swims ashore in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)