|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan watch Friday do when she first sees him paddle out onto the bay?
(a) Stay very still until birds land on his shoulders.
(b) Reach into the water and pull out a fish.
(c) Feed some birds.
(d) Scatter flower petals on the water.
2. How is Susan feeling when she starts to dance?
(b) Wet and hungry.
3. Who falls ill in Part One, after Susan has been on the island for one year?
(a) Friday and Cruso.
4. What does Cruso tell Susan about punishing Friday?
(a) Occasional punishment keeps him in line.
(b) There is never a need for punishment.
(c) Only a man can punish another man.
(d) Ignoring Friday is the worst punishment.
5. Who does Susan notice watching the house where she lives with Friday, after they have moved to the second location?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A handsome young constable.
(c) An old man.
(d) The nosy old woman from the millner's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan say Cruso would have done if he had been a true adventurer?
2. What happens when a ship arrives on the island?
3. What, according to Cruso, is true of Friday?
4. How long is Cruso ill, in Part One?
5. What message does Susan try to convey to Friday at the end of Part One?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)