|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman who swims ashore feel when she is with the person who first greets her?
(a) Uncomfortable and unsafe.
(b) Safe and protected.
(c) That she must get better to protect the person.
(d) At home.
2. What do Cruso and Friday work on everyday, when Susan first arrives on the island?
(a) Making tools.
(b) The crop field.
(c) The terraces.
(d) Improvements to the shelter.
3. What does Cruso tell Susan when he gives her a knife in Part One?
(a) To be very careful.
(b) To make herself useful.
(c) To remain nearby.
(d) To find food if she is hungry.
4. What does Susan bring back to camp after disobeying Cruso on her third day on the island?
(a) Wood to build a raft.
(c) Root vegetables.
5. What best describes the diet of Cruso and Friday in Part One?
(a) Bitter lettuce, fish and bird eggs.
(b) Wild boar meat and root vegetables.
(c) Sweet, ripe fruit and fish.
(d) Strange nuts, fruit and peppers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries the person who steps on a thorn in Part One?
2. How does Cruso refer to the ailment he gets shortly after Susan's arrival?
3. What does Cruso tell Susan about the laws of the island?
4. What does Susan learn about Friday when he ignores her request to bring more wood in Part One?
5. Who falls ill in Part One, after Susan has been on the island for one year?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)