|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a ship arrives on the island?
(a) Cruso is put in handcuffs.
(b) Friday runs away.
(c) The captain recognizes Susan.
(d) Friday is shot.
2. Where does Susan sleep the first night at Mr. Foe's new residence in Part Three?
(a) In a chair.
(b) In a guest room.
(c) By the kitchen fireplace.
(d) With Mr. Foe.
3. Who sinks into a depression after Susan's arrival on the island?
4. What does Mr. Foe say it is a shame that Cruso didn't save from the wreck?
(a) Ink and paper.
(b) Muskets, powder or tools.
(c) His wife.
(d) Seeds of some sort.
5. Why does the woman in the beginning of the story say she slips over the side of the boat and swims to shore?
(a) To escape the other occupant of the boat.
(b) She cannot row any further.
(c) The boat is leaking.
(d) To get to a person on shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many plates are there when food is brought to Mr. Foe and his guests?
2. What does Susan notice about Mr. Foe in the light of day?
3. What best describes Friday's boat?
4. When Susan puts her ear to the mouth of the person she finds barely breathing, what does she hear?
5. Who does Susan realize is willing to take Friday?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)