|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
2. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
5. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast cultural differences between Nicodemus and Memphis.
Essay Topic 2
Write about what Minnie's life as the youngest sister is like. How does where Minnie's life is heading compare to where black independence is heading?
Essay Topic 3
Ethnic pride is a monumental topic in "Flying West." Explain why ethnic pride is so important in general and why in the black community in particular.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)