|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
2. When does Miss Leah go west?
3. What is the only reason Sophie is sorry for Frank's troubles?
4. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
5. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about what Minnie's life as the youngest sister is like. How does where Minnie's life is heading compare to where black independence is heading?
Essay Topic 2
Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
Essay Topic 3
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)