|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
2. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
3. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
4. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
5. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Nicodemus succeed in finding the peace they are looking for. Between Sophie, Miss Leah and Fannie, each woman portrays very different types of characters. Explain how it takes more than just one of the women but all three of their persona's to work with one another to find this peace. What do each of them offer that supports the others to pursue a peaceful Nicodemus?
Essay Topic 2
Wil speaks of the significance of memories, good and bad. How are memories important in what makes up a person?
Essay Topic 3
How do Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's move out west symbolize change in black history as much as it is change in physical location?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)