|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
2. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
4. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
5. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Nicodemus succeed in finding the peace they are looking for. Between Sophie, Miss Leah and Fannie, each woman portrays very different types of characters. Explain how it takes more than just one of the women but all three of their persona's to work with one another to find this peace. What do each of them offer that supports the others to pursue a peaceful Nicodemus?
Essay Topic 2
If Frank feels the need to change Minnie, why does he "love" her and marry her?
Essay Topic 3
Manipulation is seen time and again throughout the play. Find examples and explain how manipulation is used by everyone good and bad.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)