|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
2. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
3. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
4. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Independence for blacks from white is not the only issue in "Flying West." There is also the topic of a woman's ability to survive and care for herself. Write about how these women show independence from male dominance and how whether this is common or unusual for their times.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Leah convinces the household to murder Frank with an apple pie rather than shoot him outright. Explain how this is preferable and why it might not work today.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)