|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
3. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
4. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
5. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sophie carries a shotgun with her wherever she goes. What does this say about Sophie and about the town of Nicodemus, Kansas?
Essay Topic 2
Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
Essay Topic 3
Fannie, Sophie, Miss Leah, and Wil are hard-working folks who wants nothing more than an honest living that allows them to reap the benefits for which they work. Circumstances lead them to plot and execute murder. Write about how these good people end up committing such a crime and whether or not it is justifiable.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)