Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
2. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
3. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
Essay Topic 1
Independence for blacks from white is not the only issue in "Flying West." There is also the topic of a woman's ability to survive and care for herself. Write about how these women show independence from male dominance and how whether this is common or unusual for their times.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
Essay Topic 3
Sophie carries a shotgun with her wherever she goes. What does this say about Sophie and about the town of Nicodemus, Kansas?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)