|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
3. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
4. What is the only reason Sophie is sorry for Frank's troubles?
5. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research Kansas as it was in the 1890s and write about what daily life is like for an African American there. How well do the characters in the play portray the average black person in Kansas of those times?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Frank's insecurities and how it comes out throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
Miss Leah convinces the household to murder Frank with an apple pie rather than shoot him outright. Explain how this is preferable and why it might not work today.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)