|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
3. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
4. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
5. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frank's insecurities and how it comes out throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Independence for blacks from white is not the only issue in "Flying West." There is also the topic of a woman's ability to survive and care for herself. Write about how these women show independence from male dominance and how whether this is common or unusual for their times.
Essay Topic 3
Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)