|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
5. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wil speaks of the significance of memories, good and bad. How are memories important in what makes up a person?
Essay Topic 2
Manipulation is seen time and again throughout the play. Find examples and explain how manipulation is used by everyone good and bad.
Essay Topic 3
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)