|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
2. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
3. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
4. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fannie, Sophie, Miss Leah, and Wil are hard-working folks who wants nothing more than an honest living that allows them to reap the benefits for which they work. Circumstances lead them to plot and execute murder. Write about how these good people end up committing such a crime and whether or not it is justifiable.
Essay Topic 2
How do Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's move out west symbolize change in black history as much as it is change in physical location?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Frank's insecurities and how it comes out throughout the play.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)