|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
2. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
5. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Frank feels the need to change Minnie, why does he "love" her and marry her?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Leah remarks that everything they do is all for the children. How and why are children so important to Miss Leah?
Essay Topic 3
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)