|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
2. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
3. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
4. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
5. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and discuss plantation life as seen in the eyes of a slave. Compare this to what Miss Leah's early life was like.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast cultural differences between Nicodemus and Memphis.
Essay Topic 3
There are several love stories mentioned and observed in "Flying West." Explain how the adage "love is blind" rings true in some of the characters.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)