|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
2. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
4. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
5. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Frank's insecurities and how it comes out throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast cultural differences between Nicodemus and Memphis.
Essay Topic 3
Miss Leah remarks that everything they do is all for the children. How and why are children so important to Miss Leah?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)