|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
2. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
3. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
4. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
5. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and discuss plantation life as seen in the eyes of a slave. Compare this to what Miss Leah's early life was like.
Essay Topic 2
Miss Leah remarks that everything they do is all for the children. How and why are children so important to Miss Leah?
Essay Topic 3
How do Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's move out west symbolize change in black history as much as it is change in physical location?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)