|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
2. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
3. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
4. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Nicodemus succeed in finding the peace they are looking for. Between Sophie, Miss Leah and Fannie, each woman portrays very different types of characters. Explain how it takes more than just one of the women but all three of their persona's to work with one another to find this peace. What do each of them offer that supports the others to pursue a peaceful Nicodemus?
Essay Topic 2
Fannie, Sophie, Miss Leah, and Wil are hard-working folks who wants nothing more than an honest living that allows them to reap the benefits for which they work. Circumstances lead them to plot and execute murder. Write about how these good people end up committing such a crime and whether or not it is justifiable.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast cultural differences between Nicodemus and Memphis.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)