|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
2. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
3. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
4. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's move out west symbolize change in black history as much as it is change in physical location?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast cultural differences between Nicodemus and Memphis.
Essay Topic 3
If Frank feels the need to change Minnie, why does he "love" her and marry her?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)