|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
2. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Interview or find first-person accounts of someone of mixed race. What struggles does this person have in regard to their background? What particular experiences did the person go through because he/she is of mixed race? Does it depend on where and when the person lives and grows up? Does it depend on the parents' influence and how they approach the subject to their child? Are any of the issues seen today the same as when Sophie and Frank were born? What struggles do Sophie and Frank face that mixed race children do not have to deal with anymore?
Essay Topic 2Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
Essay Topic 3Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)