|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
2. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
3. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
4. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
5. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Manipulation is seen time and again throughout the play. Find examples and explain how manipulation is used by everyone good and bad.
Essay Topic 2
Miss Leah convinces the household to murder Frank with an apple pie rather than shoot him outright. Explain how this is preferable and why it might not work today.
Essay Topic 3
Interview or find first-person accounts of someone of mixed race. What struggles does this person have in regard to their background? What particular experiences did the person go through because he/she is of mixed race? Does it depend on where and when the person lives and grows up? Does it depend on the parents' influence and how they approach the subject to their child? Are any of the issues seen today the same as when Sophie and Frank were born? What struggles do Sophie and Frank face that mixed race children do not have to deal with anymore?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)