|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
2. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
3. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
5. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
Essay Topic 1
There are several love stories mentioned and observed in "Flying West." Explain how the adage "love is blind" rings true in some of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
Independence for blacks from white is not the only issue in "Flying West." There is also the topic of a woman's ability to survive and care for herself. Write about how these women show independence from male dominance and how whether this is common or unusual for their times.
Essay Topic 3
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)