|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
2. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
5. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
Essay Topic 1
There are several love stories mentioned and observed in "Flying West." Explain how the adage "love is blind" rings true in some of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
Sophie carries a shotgun with her wherever she goes. What does this say about Sophie and about the town of Nicodemus, Kansas?
Essay Topic 3
Write about what Minnie's life as the youngest sister is like. How does where Minnie's life is heading compare to where black independence is heading?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)