|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
2. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
3. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
4. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
5. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
Essay Topic 2
Manipulation is seen time and again throughout the play. Find examples and explain how manipulation is used by everyone good and bad.
Essay Topic 3
Choose either Nicodemus, Memphis, New Orleans, or London. Compare and contrast what the civil liberties as it were in the 1890s to today's civil liberties. Is there progress? How much? What did it take to create such progress?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)