|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
2. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
3. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
4. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
5. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Independence for blacks from white is not the only issue in "Flying West." There is also the topic of a woman's ability to survive and care for herself. Write about how these women show independence from male dominance and how whether this is common or unusual for their times.
Essay Topic 2
If Frank feels the need to change Minnie, why does he "love" her and marry her?
Essay Topic 3
Manipulation is seen time and again throughout the play. Find examples and explain how manipulation is used by everyone good and bad.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)