|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
2. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
3. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
Essay Topic 1
Independence for blacks from white is not the only issue in "Flying West." There is also the topic of a woman's ability to survive and care for herself. Write about how these women show independence from male dominance and how whether this is common or unusual for their times.
Essay Topic 2
Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
Essay Topic 3
Research Kansas as it was in the 1890s and write about what daily life is like for an African American there. How well do the characters in the play portray the average black person in Kansas of those times?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)