|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
2. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
3. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
4. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
5. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The women of Nicodemus succeed in finding the peace they are looking for. Between Sophie, Miss Leah and Fannie, each woman portrays very different types of characters. Explain how it takes more than just one of the women but all three of their persona's to work with one another to find this peace. What do each of them offer that supports the others to pursue a peaceful Nicodemus?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Leah remarks that everything they do is all for the children. How and why are children so important to Miss Leah?
Essay Topic 3
Write about what Minnie's life as the youngest sister is like. How does where Minnie's life is heading compare to where black independence is heading?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)