|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
2. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
3. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
4. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research avenues that women in domestic abuse situations can use and take advantage of today. Explain why it is difficult for Minnie to take some of these steps in the 1890s.
Essay Topic 2
Miss Leah remarks that everything they do is all for the children. How and why are children so important to Miss Leah?
Essay Topic 3
Sophie carries a shotgun with her wherever she goes. What does this say about Sophie and about the town of Nicodemus, Kansas?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)