|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
2. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
3. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
4. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
5. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
Essay Topic 1
Write about what Minnie's life as the youngest sister is like. How does where Minnie's life is heading compare to where black independence is heading?
Essay Topic 2
The women of Nicodemus succeed in finding the peace they are looking for. Between Sophie, Miss Leah and Fannie, each woman portrays very different types of characters. Explain how it takes more than just one of the women but all three of their persona's to work with one another to find this peace. What do each of them offer that supports the others to pursue a peaceful Nicodemus?
Essay Topic 3
There are several love stories mentioned and observed in "Flying West." Explain how the adage "love is blind" rings true in some of the characters.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)