|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(b) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(c) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(d) They are both nervously startled.
2. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
(a) A crowbar.
(b) A thick piece of fire wood.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A shotgun.
3. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(a) In smiles.
(c) Guilty looking.
4. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Being killed.
(b) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(d) Minnie leaving him.
5. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
(a) He just bought out a piece of land right next to Sophie.
(b) His name is on Minnie's deed.
(c) A second telegram informs Frank he has legal rights to some money from his father.
(d) Minnie plans to sell her share of the land and return to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
2. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
3. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
4. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)