|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
(a) A gift from his brothers.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A whore he won in a card game.
(d) An indentured servant.
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To kill Frank.
(b) To buy them more land.
(c) To beat up Frank.
(d) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
3. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(b) To stop being high and mighty.
(c) To learn when to mind her own business.
(d) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
4. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
(b) His father's death.
(c) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
(d) Frank is robbed by a black man.
5. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) In town.
(b) At church.
(c) Out for a walk.
(d) Resting in the bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
2. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
5. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)