|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
(a) Miss Leah's overseer.
(b) Miss Leah's first child.
(c) Miss Leah's previous slave owner.
(d) Miss Leah's late husband.
2. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(b) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(c) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(d) The white men from the train offer him a job.
3. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(b) Because they still love them.
(c) It is dishonorable.
(d) They have to deal with the white folks first.
4. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(c) A deed to a third of the property.
(d) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
5. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
(c) The door is already open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
2. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
4. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
5. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)