|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
(a) Take Minnie away to some place safe.
(b) Lure Frank back to the house.
(c) Murder Frank.
(d) Guard the house and not let Frank in.
2. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(b) Sophie may come home and see him.
(c) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(d) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
3. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) His father's death.
(b) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
(c) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(d) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
4. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) It's a holiday.
(b) It's Sunday afternoon.
(c) It's late at night.
(d) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
5. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(a) Disappointed in herself.
(b) Disappointed in the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
3. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
4. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
5. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)