|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(b) The train station.
(c) A picnic.
(d) The Saturday market.
2. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) Because they still love them.
(b) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(c) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(d) It is dishonorable.
3. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
(b) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(c) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
(d) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
4. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) The same day.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next day.
(d) Not for another month.
5. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
(a) Sophie is planning something sneaky to swing the vote.
(b) Sophie is avoiding Frank.
(c) Sophie is avoiding Minnie.
(d) Sophie is working on the speculators as much as her speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
2. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
3. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
4. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)