|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) It is dishonorable.
(b) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(c) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(d) Because they still love them.
2. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
(b) She tells him that Minnie is getting dressed up nicely and he should wait while she does so.
(c) Apple pie.
(d) She lets him know Sophie is gone for a few days.
3. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(b) Kill her and her family.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
4. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Takes the deed from his pocket.
(d) Gives him one last hug and kiss.
5. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(c) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(d) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
2. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
3. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
4. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
5. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)