|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(c) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(d) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
2. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Where Frank is.
(b) What they should do about Frank.
(c) Where Sophie is.
(d) What they should do to stop Sophie from going too far.
3. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
(a) Sophie is working on the speculators as much as her speech.
(b) Sophie is avoiding Frank.
(c) Sophie is avoiding Minnie.
(d) Sophie is planning something sneaky to swing the vote.
4. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) The Saturday market.
(c) The train station.
(d) A picnic.
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) There are too many too count for a black man.
(b) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(c) They make the good ones sweeter.
(d) He can do without them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
2. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
5. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)