|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
(b) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(c) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
(d) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
2. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She calls for Sophie.
(b) She runs to find the people that hurt Minnie.
(c) She cries and hugs Minnie.
(d) She curses Frank.
3. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(b) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(c) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(d) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
4. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
(b) A man.
(c) The lightest of the bunch.
(d) An educated man such as himself.
5. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(b) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(c) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
2. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
3. What is the only reason Sophie is sorry for Frank's troubles?
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)