|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(b) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(c) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(d) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
2. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) The next week.
(b) The next day.
(c) Not for another month.
(d) The same day.
3. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) The lightest of the bunch.
(b) A man.
(c) An educated man such as himself.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
4. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(b) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
(c) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(d) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) They make the good ones sweeter.
(b) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(c) There are too many too count for a black man.
(d) He can do without them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
2. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
3. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
4. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
5. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)