|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) In town drinking and gambling.
(b) Listening in by the window from outside.
(c) Skulking in the yard.
(d) In town checking for telegrams.
2. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
(a) She thinks he will likely hit her again.
(b) She thinks Frank loves Minnie but sometimes circumstances can be hard.
(c) She still believes Minnie should leave him.
(d) She believes he is sorry.
3. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(b) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
(c) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
(d) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
4. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
(b) The lightest of the bunch.
(c) An educated man such as himself.
(d) A man.
5. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) An inappropriate hand gesture at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(b) He greets everyone but blatantly ignores Sophie.
(c) He smirks at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(d) He asks Minnie to stop taking advice from Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
2. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
3. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
4. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
5. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)