|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
(b) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
(c) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(d) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
2. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
(a) Run his telegram to the post office.
(b) Go back to London with him.
(c) Head to New Orleans to settle his issues.
(d) Ask Sophie to split up the land and sell her share.
3. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Gives him one last hug and kiss.
(c) Takes the deed from his pocket.
4. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(b) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(c) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(d) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
5. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(b) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
(c) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
(d) His father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
2. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
3. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
4. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
5. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)