|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Burn her fields.
(b) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
(c) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
(d) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
2. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) In town checking for telegrams.
(b) In town drinking and gambling.
(c) Skulking in the yard.
(d) Listening in by the window from outside.
3. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
(b) A comfortable bed.
(c) Herbal tea.
4. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
(a) She lets him know Sophie is gone for a few days.
(b) She tells him that Minnie is getting dressed up nicely and he should wait while she does so.
(d) Apple pie.
5. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(b) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(c) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
(d) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
2. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
4. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
5. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)