|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(b) Leave her in Kansas.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Kill her and her family.
2. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
(b) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(c) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(d) He wants some time to consider it.
3. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(b) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
(c) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(d) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) He will never change.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) It is just a phase.
(d) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(b) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(c) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
(d) His assets and paternity is denied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
2. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
3. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
4. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
5. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)