|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) It is dishonorable.
(b) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(c) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(d) Because they still love them.
2. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) The next day.
(b) The next week.
(c) The same day.
(d) Not for another month.
3. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(b) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(c) Sophie may come home and see him.
(d) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
4. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The instigator.
(b) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
(c) The peacemaker.
(d) The bravest.
5. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To beat up Frank.
(b) To kill Frank.
(c) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(d) To buy them more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
2. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
3. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
4. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)