|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) It is her own fault.
(b) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(c) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(d) Frank really loves and cares for her.
2. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(a) Disappointed in herself.
(d) Disappointed in the town.
3. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She has been beaten by Frank.
(d) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
4. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(b) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(c) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(d) They are both nervously startled.
5. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
(a) Sophie likes to overreact and she does not agree with it.
(b) All she wants is peace between everyone, no matter what it takes.
(c) A wife's first allegiance is to her husband.
(d) Minnie can be too childish at times, and she understands his frustrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
2. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
3. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
4. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)