|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
(a) Not many people stay to hear her speak.
(c) There are many arguments that the money is too much to refuse.
(d) Sophie gets nervous and stammers the entire time.
2. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
3. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) The white men from the train offer him a job.
(b) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(c) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(d) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
4. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
5. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) He wants to boast his successes to Sophie.
(b) He thinks Minnie is preparing to leave with him.
(c) He expects Fannie to go to the land office with him.
(d) He wants to see Minnie again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
2. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
3. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)