|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(b) Kill her and her family.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
2. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(b) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(c) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(d) It is her own fault.
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Where Sophie is.
(b) What they should do to stop Sophie from going too far.
(c) Where Frank is.
(d) What they should do about Frank.
4. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(b) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(c) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(d) The white men from the train offer him a job.
5. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He smirks at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(b) An inappropriate hand gesture at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(c) He greets everyone but blatantly ignores Sophie.
(d) He asks Minnie to stop taking advice from Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
2. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)