|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
(b) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(c) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
(d) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
2. What is the only reason Sophie is sorry for Frank's troubles?
(a) Because Frank might ask her for help.
(b) Because it might make Frank stay in Kansas and closer to her.
(c) Because Sophie doesn't believe in wishing bad luck on anyone.
(d) Because they concern Minnie too.
3. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
(b) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
(c) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
(d) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
4. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(b) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(c) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(d) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
5. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) To learn when to mind her own business.
(b) To stop being high and mighty.
(c) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(d) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
2. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
3. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
4. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)