|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(b) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
(c) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(d) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
2. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) The Saturday market.
(b) The train station.
(d) A picnic.
3. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Burn her fields.
(b) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
(c) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
(d) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
4. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(d) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
5. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
(b) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(c) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
(d) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
2. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
3. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
4. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
5. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)