|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fannie reads the telegram aloud.
(b) Frank yells it aloud in anger.
(c) Wil tells them what he has heard in town.
(d) Sophie demands Frank explain his behavior.
2. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) He can do without them.
(b) There are too many too count for a black man.
(c) They make the good ones sweeter.
(d) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
3. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(b) They all die from fever.
(c) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(d) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
4. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
5. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(b) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(c) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(d) Sophie may come home and see him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
2. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
5. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)