|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank originally from?
(b) New Orleans.
2. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
3. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A cut on her hand.
(b) A bruise on her arm.
(c) A bruised face.
(d) A scar.
4. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Cut it real short.
(b) Grow it long.
(c) Braid it.
(d) Straighten it.
5. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
(a) She's too black.
(b) She's too clumsy.
(c) She's too dumb.
(d) She's too poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
2. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
3. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
4. Why does Frank make Sophie nervous?
5. Wil is raised by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Wil Parrish and what does his history say about him?
2. What is Minnie thinking while Frank beats her up in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Wil mentions that he does not understand black-on-black crime when they have enough to deal with from white folk. Why would this not apply to Frank?
4. What vision does Sophie have for Nicodemus?
5. Why does Frank beat Minnie to a dreadful state in Act 2, Scene 3? What does he get out of it?
6. Why does Minnie make excuses for Frank's aggressive behavior?
7. Describe Nicodemus and its people. How do they feel about one another? What feelings do one from there?
8. What is Sophie's nature and how does this help the Dove sisters?
9. When Minnie greets her sisters, she mentions that Frank is talking to a man from the train, "a white man" she adds. Why does Minnie add this remark of a white man?
10. What plan does Miss Leah offer Minnie and her family in Act 2, Scene 4 so they can all live in peace?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)