Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Frank originally from?
(d) New Orleans.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(b) Frank Charles.
(c) White speculators.
(d) Sophie Washington.
3. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Opening a school.
(b) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(c) Writing a book of their stories.
(d) Negotiable prices for speculators.
4. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(b) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(c) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(d) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
5. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank pushes Minnie.
(b) Minnie pushes Frank.
(c) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(d) Frank slaps Minnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
2. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
3. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
4. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
5. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Minnie's attitude in regard to London and Nicodemus? How does she feel about each place and why?
2. What is Sophie's reaction when Minnie hands over the deed and what does that say about Sophie?
3. When Sophie explains to Minnie that she's working on the vote in regard to the speculators, Minnie asks if politics are really important. How does this show Minnie's naivete?
4. Describe Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's ritual after their dinner.
5. Sophie and Fannie give Minnie a deed to a third of the property for her 21st birthday. How do Minnie and Frank react to the gift?
6. Describe Fannie and Sophie's introduction to Frank.
7. What is the mood of the last scene of the play, and how is it shown?
8. When Minnie first wakes up in Act 1, Scene 4, Miss Leah remarks that Minnie is looking more like herself this morning. What does she mean by this?
9. Why did Miss Leah go west?
10. What does Minnie miss about Kansas and why?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)