|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) They worked on the same plantation.
(d) His father owned Frank's mother.
2. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She slipped when in New Orleans.
(b) She fell on the train.
(c) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(d) She was cutting wood.
3. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank slaps Minnie.
(b) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(c) Minnie pushes Frank.
(d) Frank pushes Minnie.
4. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
5. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(a) She already feels dead inside by this time.
(d) Scary and awful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
2. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
3. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
4. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
5. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank so proud of about his life in London, and why?
2. Frank arrives home drunk and, due to his gambling, with less money. Describe Frank's vices and how it comes out on his wife.
3. Frank learns from his poker friends that the sisters are sitting on land that is worth a lot of money. How does this knowledge foreshadow events?
4. The opening scene of Act I Scene IV has Miss Leah, Sophie, and Fannie awake, while Minnie and Frank are the last to get up. How does this indicate how each of them leads their lives?
5. Describe Fannie and Sophie's introduction to Frank.
6. What does a woman have to consider in addition to her love before she leaves a husband? How does this affect Minnie and the people she knows?
7. On previous occasions, Frank shows a little bit of guilt when he is aggressive with Minnie. What causes Frank to beat Minnie so badly and still be able to haughtily talk to Sophie as if he never hurt her?
8. When Minnie consoles Frank, she mentions "our deed." When Frank talks about the future he speaks about a "chance for [him] to get back on [his] feet." How do these statements show how each of them feels about their marriage?
9. What does Minnie miss about Kansas and why?
10. Frank quickly passes Fannie and Miss Leah but stops to talk with Sophie. Why does he react so differently with the women?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)