|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
(a) An animal.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A nigger.
(d) A picaninny.
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(b) He is competitive with Wil.
(c) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(d) He does not want to be there.
3. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Sophie uses a cane.
(c) Sophie makes better coffee.
(d) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
4. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She loves him more than anything else.
(b) She has no feelings toward the man.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
5. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
(a) Female dominant.
(b) Male dominant.
(c) Unconditionally loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
2. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
3. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
4. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
5. How does Wil show he is a good man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fannie reveal to Minnie in Act 2, Scene 1 about her knowledge of physical abuse?
2. Frank shows some tenderness toward Minnie, but he is also easily angered. Overall, what does Frank think of Minnie?
3. Sophie could not care less about Memphis, but is absolutely passionate about Kansas. Why is Sophie so passionate about Nicodemus, Kansas?
4. What is Sophie's opinion about domestic abuse and how does this match her personality?
5. Why does Frank beat Minnie to a dreadful state in Act 2, Scene 3? What does he get out of it?
6. What commonality do Sophie and Frank share, but react differently to?
7. What news does Frank get that causes him to withdraw from everyone?
8. What does Miss Leah continue to do with Minnie's daughter that she is most famous for?
9. Why is it important that Fannie be the one to serve Frank the apple pie?
10. Act I, Scene V ends with Minnie's news about her pregnancy. How does this complicate her life even further?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)