|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
(a) That Sophie is a big name in Nicodemus.
(b) That most of the blacks are leaning towards selling to speculators.
(c) That Minnie's property is worth a lot of money.
(d) That Minnie's property is about to be put up for auction.
2. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
(a) That she loves Frank.
(b) That Minnie is pregnant.
(c) That it is Minnie's fault.
(d) That Sophie is overreacting.
3. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Sophie.
(b) Flowers for Fannie.
(c) Flowers for Minnie.
(d) Flowers for Miss Leah.
4. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) Out for a walk.
(b) The train station.
(c) To the local pub.
(d) The telegraph office.
5. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(b) He never knew many black people.
(c) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
(d) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
2. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
3. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
4. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
5. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What struggle does Frank have with Sophie that prompts him to tell her to stop being high and mighty?
2. What does Miss Leah continue to do with Minnie's daughter that she is most famous for?
3. Compare and contrast London, Memphis, and Nicodemus.
4. Sophie mentions a Joshe and Belle. How does their story influence how Sophie feels about Minnie's domestic situation?
5. On previous occasions, Frank shows a little bit of guilt when he is aggressive with Minnie. What causes Frank to beat Minnie so badly and still be able to haughtily talk to Sophie as if he never hurt her?
6. Describe Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's ritual after their dinner.
7. Why does Frank beat Minnie to a dreadful state in Act 2, Scene 3? What does he get out of it?
8. When Sophie explains to Minnie that she's working on the vote in regard to the speculators, Minnie asks if politics are really important. How does this show Minnie's naivete?
9. Minnie reveals her bruise when she takes off her hat. What are her sister's reaction to it and her story about how it happened?
10. Why is it important that Fannie be the one to serve Frank the apple pie?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)