|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Lewiston.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Miss Baker.
2. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
3. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Openly and not hidden.
(c) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(d) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
4. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(b) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(c) Undoing her plaits.
(d) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
5. What place does Wil miss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
4. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
5. Where is Frank originally from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sophie's opinion about domestic abuse and how does this match her personality?
2. Minnie asks Sophie whether she likes Frank, and Sophie does not admit how she really feels. Why doesn't Sophie share her true feelings despite her strong personality?
3. Sophie mentions a Joshe and Belle. How does their story influence how Sophie feels about Minnie's domestic situation?
4. Act I, Scene V ends with Minnie's news about her pregnancy. How does this complicate her life even further?
5. Frank is now stuck in Kansas with no money. How does this reality hit Frank, and what does this do to all the denials he has been suppressing?
6. How do so many black people end up in Nicodemus, Kansas? What are they all looking for?
7. What is Sophie's reaction when Minnie hands over the deed and what does that say about Sophie?
8. Sophie could not care less about Memphis, but is absolutely passionate about Kansas. Why is Sophie so passionate about Nicodemus, Kansas?
9. Frank consistently hits Minnie but what boundary does he overstep when Minnie tells him she will not sell her land?
10. Why does Minnie make excuses for Frank's aggressive behavior?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)