|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Leah.
(b) Miss Lewiston.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Miss Baker.
2. Who does Minnie want Sophie to show her work to?
(d) Miss Leah.
3. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
4. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A bruised face.
(b) A cut on her hand.
(c) A bruise on her arm.
(d) A scar.
5. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) An "animal."
(b) A "monkey."
(c) A "nigger."
(d) A "picanniny."
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
2. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
3. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
4. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
5. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Frank's brothers have disowned him since their father's death. How does this explain Frank's defensive insecurities?
2. Who is Wil Parrish and what does his history say about him?
3. Why is it important that Fannie be the one to serve Frank the apple pie?
4. What plan does Miss Leah offer Minnie and her family in Act 2, Scene 4 so they can all live in peace?
5. Why does Minnie make excuses for Frank's aggressive behavior?
6. What is Sophie's nature and how does this help the Dove sisters?
7. What commonality do Sophie and Frank share, but react differently to?
8. Minnie has braids in her hair when she and Frank first meet. Yet, when Miss Leah braids Minnie's hair on their visit, Frank gets angry. Why does Frank hate Minnie's hair this way?
9. The opening scene of Act I Scene IV has Miss Leah, Sophie, and Fannie awake, while Minnie and Frank are the last to get up. How does this indicate how each of them leads their lives?
10. At first, Sophie is adamant about convincing Minnie she needs to stop this abuse. Suddenly she stops talking and walks away. What does Minnie say to offend Sophie so much?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)