|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
(a) His riches.
(b) His looks and travel experience.
(c) His father's status.
(d) His easy nature.
2. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
(a) She's too clumsy.
(b) She's too dumb.
(c) She's too poor.
(d) She's too black.
3. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
4. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(c) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(b) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(c) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(d) Home is wherever family is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
2. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
3. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
4. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
5. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Miss Leah's character. How is she important to the story?
2. What struggle does Frank have with Sophie that prompts him to tell her to stop being high and mighty?
3. What commonality do Sophie and Frank share, but react differently to?
4. What happy sign of true love is apparent in the last scene?
5. When Minnie consoles Frank, she mentions "our deed." When Frank talks about the future he speaks about a "chance for [him] to get back on [his] feet." How do these statements show how each of them feels about their marriage?
6. What is Sophie's nature and how does this help the Dove sisters?
7. Frank is now stuck in Kansas with no money. How does this reality hit Frank, and what does this do to all the denials he has been suppressing?
8. Why does Frank beat Minnie to a dreadful state in Act 2, Scene 3? What does he get out of it?
9. On previous occasions, Frank shows a little bit of guilt when he is aggressive with Minnie. What causes Frank to beat Minnie so badly and still be able to haughtily talk to Sophie as if he never hurt her?
10. What is Frank's attitude in regard to Nicodemus? Why?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)