|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) The telegraph office.
(b) Out for a walk.
(c) To the local pub.
(d) The train station.
2. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) Independence of men.
(c) Their womanhood.
(d) The fact that they are property owners.
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Fannie's birthday.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Her sister coming home.
4. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
5. Where is Frank originally from?
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
2. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
3. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
4. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
5. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast London, Memphis, and Nicodemus.
2. What happy sign of true love is apparent in the last scene?
3. Minnie reveals her bruise when she takes off her hat. What are her sister's reaction to it and her story about how it happened?
4. What plan does Miss Leah offer Minnie and her family in Act 2, Scene 4 so they can all live in peace?
5. What news does Frank get that causes him to withdraw from everyone?
6. Act I, Scene V ends with Minnie's news about her pregnancy. How does this complicate her life even further?
7. There is talk of speculators around Nicodemus. Who are they and what do they want? How do they influence the future of Nicodemus?
8. On previous occasions, Frank shows a little bit of guilt when he is aggressive with Minnie. What causes Frank to beat Minnie so badly and still be able to haughtily talk to Sophie as if he never hurt her?
9. What is Minnie's reaction when she first sees Frank dead?
10. Frank consistently hits Minnie but what boundary does he overstep when Minnie tells him she will not sell her land?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)