|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She is upset by it.
(b) She supports it.
(c) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(d) She does not understand it.
2. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He helps expand Nicodemus.
(b) He is truly good to Minnie.
(c) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(d) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
3. What place does Wil miss?
4. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
5. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(b) Your determination to keep free.
(c) Your tenacity to survive.
(d) Your strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
2. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
3. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
4. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
5. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Minnie hand the deed over to Sophie when she retrieves it?
2. What plan does Miss Leah offer Minnie and her family in Act 2, Scene 4 so they can all live in peace?
3. Minnie reveals her bruise when she takes off her hat. What are her sister's reaction to it and her story about how it happened?
4. Describe Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's ritual after their dinner.
5. What is Minnie's reaction when she first sees Frank dead?
6. What news does Frank get that causes him to withdraw from everyone?
7. What is Sophie's reaction when Minnie hands over the deed and what does that say about Sophie?
8. Frank arrives home drunk and, due to his gambling, with less money. Describe Frank's vices and how it comes out on his wife.
9. How do so many black people end up in Nicodemus, Kansas? What are they all looking for?
10. What does a woman have to consider in addition to her love before she leaves a husband? How does this affect Minnie and the people she knows?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)