|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Frank Charles.
(b) White speculators.
(c) Sophie Washington.
(d) Wil Parrish.
2. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(c) Overly warm.
3. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
(a) Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie.
(b) Minnie's stylish hat.
(c) Everyone but Frank.
(d) Fannie and Wil standing next to each other.
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Openly and not hidden.
(b) Quietly among family only.
(c) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(d) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
5. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank slaps Minnie.
(b) Frank pushes Minnie.
(c) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(d) Minnie pushes Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
3. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
4. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
5. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Frank learns from his poker friends that the sisters are sitting on land that is worth a lot of money. How does this knowledge foreshadow events?
2. What does Minnie miss about Kansas and why?
3. Why is it important that Fannie be the one to serve Frank the apple pie?
4. Describe Nicodemus and its people. How do they feel about one another? What feelings do one from there?
5. Frank is now stuck in Kansas with no money. How does this reality hit Frank, and what does this do to all the denials he has been suppressing?
6. Wil mentions that he does not understand black-on-black crime when they have enough to deal with from white folk. Why would this not apply to Frank?
7. What is the mood of the last scene of the play, and how is it shown?
8. Describe Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's ritual after their dinner.
9. Why did Miss Leah go west?
10. What sense of feeling does the reader get when Miss Leah and Minnie talk as Miss Leah braids Minnie's hair?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)