|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(b) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(c) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(d) It is her own fault.
2. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Minnie leaving him.
(b) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(c) Being killed.
3. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) There are too many too count for a black man.
(b) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(c) They make the good ones sweeter.
(d) He can do without them.
4. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) He wants some time to consider it.
(b) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(c) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(d) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
5. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) An educated man such as himself.
(b) The lightest of the bunch.
(c) A man.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
6. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(b) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(c) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(d) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
7. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(b) They all die from fever.
(c) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(d) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
8. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) A deed to a third of the property.
(c) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(d) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
9. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She runs to hug him.
(b) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(c) She sits still with a fixed stare.
(d) She slowly approaches him to talk.
10. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Gives him one last hug and kiss.
(d) Takes the deed from his pocket.
11. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He smirks at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(b) He asks Minnie to stop taking advice from Sophie.
(c) An inappropriate hand gesture at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(d) He greets everyone but blatantly ignores Sophie.
12. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
(a) He is excited to see Minnie wearing more than her country dresses.
(b) Hs is excited as long as she is excited.
(c) He knows how much the land is worth.
(d) He is happy to return back to London soon.
13. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Leaves the house for a walk.
(b) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(c) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
(d) Goes to his room to drink.
14. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(a) A loan.
(b) Fannie's deed.
(d) A glass of water.
15. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(b) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(c) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(d) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
2. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
3. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
5. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)