|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(b) They are both nervously startled.
(c) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(d) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
2. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(d) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
3. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) The door is already open.
4. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(b) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
5. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(a) A glass of water.
(c) A loan.
(d) Fannie's deed.
6. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Sophie may come home and see him.
(b) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(c) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(d) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
7. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) When all her children dies.
(b) When James dies.
(c) As soon as she is freed.
(d) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
8. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
(b) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(c) His father's death.
(d) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
9. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) A courier.
(b) The white men from the train.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Mr. Baker.
10. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(b) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
(c) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
(d) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
11. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(b) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
(c) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(d) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
12. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
13. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
(a) An indentured servant.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A gift from his brothers.
(d) A whore he won in a card game.
14. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) It is her own fault.
(b) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(c) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(d) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
15. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Goes to his room to drink.
(b) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(c) Leaves the house for a walk.
(d) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
2. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
4. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)