|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Seek revenge against Frank.
(b) Leave Frank.
(c) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(d) Work it out with Frank.
2. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) To buy the deed back.
(b) A chance to return what is Minnie's or he will pay without knowing it.
(c) A chance to apologize for his actions.
(d) Property if he stays and leads Nicodemus.
3. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) Frank's approval of her behavior.
(b) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
4. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) The lightest of the bunch.
(b) An educated man such as himself.
(c) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
(d) A man.
5. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She curses Frank.
(b) She calls for Sophie.
(c) She cries and hugs Minnie.
(d) She runs to find the people that hurt Minnie.
6. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
(a) He just bought out a piece of land right next to Sophie.
(b) A second telegram informs Frank he has legal rights to some money from his father.
(c) Minnie plans to sell her share of the land and return to London.
(d) His name is on Minnie's deed.
7. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(b) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(c) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
8. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(b) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(c) It is her own fault.
(d) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
9. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) As soon as she is freed.
(b) When James dies.
(c) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
(d) When all her children dies.
10. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(b) Minnie leaving him.
(c) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(d) Being killed.
11. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) At church.
(b) Out for a walk.
(c) In town.
(d) Resting in the bedroom.
12. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) Skulking in the yard.
(b) In town drinking and gambling.
(c) Listening in by the window from outside.
(d) In town checking for telegrams.
13. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
(a) That Sophie is right about everything.
(b) That he needs the black community's support.
(c) That he is a bastard.
(d) That he is lucky to have Minnie.
14. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(b) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
(c) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(d) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
15. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
(b) To stop being high and mighty.
(c) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(d) To learn when to mind her own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil think of bad memories?
2. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
3. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
4. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
5. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)