|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
2. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) The door is already open.
3. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(b) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(c) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(d) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
4. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(a) In smiles.
(c) Guilty looking.
5. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
(b) It's Sunday afternoon.
(c) It's a holiday.
(d) It's late at night.
6. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) Not for another month.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) The same day.
7. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(b) He wants some time to consider it.
(c) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
(d) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
8. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
(a) Lure Frank back to the house.
(b) Murder Frank.
(c) Take Minnie away to some place safe.
(d) Guard the house and not let Frank in.
9. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The bravest.
(b) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
(c) The instigator.
(d) The peacemaker.
10. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(b) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
(c) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
(d) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
11. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(b) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(c) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
12. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sophie demands Frank explain his behavior.
(b) Wil tells them what he has heard in town.
(c) Frank yells it aloud in anger.
(d) Fannie reads the telegram aloud.
13. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
(a) Herbal tea.
(d) A comfortable bed.
14. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(b) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
(c) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
(d) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
15. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) A man.
(b) An educated man such as himself.
(c) The lightest of the bunch.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
2. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
3. When does Miss Leah go west?
4. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
5. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)