|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
(b) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(c) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(d) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
2. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) The door is already open.
3. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) He wants to boast his successes to Sophie.
(b) He thinks Minnie is preparing to leave with him.
(c) He wants to see Minnie again.
(d) He expects Fannie to go to the land office with him.
4. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She has been beaten by Frank.
(c) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
(d) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
5. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) Skulking in the yard.
(b) In town drinking and gambling.
(c) Listening in by the window from outside.
(d) In town checking for telegrams.
6. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) It's Sunday afternoon.
(b) It's a holiday.
(c) It's late at night.
(d) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
7. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He greets everyone but blatantly ignores Sophie.
(b) An inappropriate hand gesture at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(c) He smirks at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(d) He asks Minnie to stop taking advice from Sophie.
8. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Saturday market.
(d) A picnic.
9. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
(a) A whole new dimension.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A celebrity's life.
(d) Every woman's dream.
10. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Being killed.
(b) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(d) Minnie leaving him.
11. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
(b) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
(c) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(d) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
12. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) His assets and paternity is denied.
(b) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(c) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(d) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
13. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(b) Leave her in Kansas.
(c) Kill her and her family.
(d) Bring her to town and sell her off.
14. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She curses Frank.
(b) She cries and hugs Minnie.
(c) She runs to find the people that hurt Minnie.
(d) She calls for Sophie.
15. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) The white men from the train.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) A courier.
(d) Wil Parrish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
2. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
3. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
4. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
5. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)