|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(b) There are too many too count for a black man.
(c) They make the good ones sweeter.
(d) He can do without them.
2. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
(a) That he needs the black community's support.
(b) That Sophie is right about everything.
(c) That he is a bastard.
(d) That he is lucky to have Minnie.
3. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
(b) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(c) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
(d) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
4. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Property if he stays and leads Nicodemus.
(b) A chance to apologize for his actions.
(c) To buy the deed back.
(d) A chance to return what is Minnie's or he will pay without knowing it.
5. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(b) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(c) It is dishonorable.
(d) Because they still love them.
6. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(b) Kill her and her family.
(c) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
7. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
(b) Her father was abusive to her mother.
(c) Her parents were never married.
(d) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
8. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
(a) Miss Leah's late husband.
(b) Miss Leah's previous slave owner.
(c) Miss Leah's overseer.
(d) Miss Leah's first child.
9. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
(a) He is excited to see Minnie wearing more than her country dresses.
(b) Hs is excited as long as she is excited.
(c) He knows how much the land is worth.
(d) He is happy to return back to London soon.
10. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) He expects Fannie to go to the land office with him.
(b) He thinks Minnie is preparing to leave with him.
(c) He wants to boast his successes to Sophie.
(d) He wants to see Minnie again.
11. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
(a) She thinks Frank loves Minnie but sometimes circumstances can be hard.
(b) She thinks he will likely hit her again.
(c) She believes he is sorry.
(d) She still believes Minnie should leave him.
12. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(b) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
(c) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
(d) His father's death.
13. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To buy them more land.
(b) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(c) To kill Frank.
(d) To beat up Frank.
14. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) It's late at night.
(b) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
(c) It's Sunday afternoon.
(d) It's a holiday.
15. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) When all her children dies.
(b) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
(c) As soon as she is freed.
(d) When James dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
2. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
3. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
4. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)