|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
(a) A whore he won in a card game.
(b) An indentured servant.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A gift from his brothers.
2. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She runs to hug him.
(b) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(c) She slowly approaches him to talk.
(d) She sits still with a fixed stare.
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Where Frank is.
(b) What they should do to stop Sophie from going too far.
(c) Where Sophie is.
(d) What they should do about Frank.
4. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(b) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(c) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(d) The white men from the train offer him a job.
5. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(b) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(c) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
(d) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
6. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(d) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
7. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
(a) He believes he went out of line.
(b) No remorse.
(c) He is justified.
8. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) A courier.
(b) The white men from the train.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Mr. Baker.
9. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Frank yells it aloud in anger.
(b) Fannie reads the telegram aloud.
(c) Sophie demands Frank explain his behavior.
(d) Wil tells them what he has heard in town.
10. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(b) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(c) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(d) They are both nervously startled.
11. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) It is dishonorable.
(b) Because they still love them.
(c) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(d) They have to deal with the white folks first.
12. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
(a) Her baby.
(b) Sophie's reactions.
(c) Frank's well-being.
(d) What Miss Leah thinks about Frank.
13. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(b) Guilty looking.
(c) In smiles.
14. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(b) Leaves the house for a walk.
(c) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
(d) Goes to his room to drink.
15. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) A picnic.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Saturday market.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Miss Leah go west?
2. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
3. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
4. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
5. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)