|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The peacemaker.
(b) The instigator.
(c) The bravest.
(d) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
2. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
(a) Miss Leah's first child.
(b) Miss Leah's late husband.
(c) Miss Leah's previous slave owner.
(d) Miss Leah's overseer.
3. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They all die from fever.
(b) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
(c) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(d) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
4. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(b) Kill her and her family.
(c) Leave her in Kansas.
(d) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
5. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) Resting in the bedroom.
(b) At church.
(c) In town.
(d) Out for a walk.
6. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
(a) That he is a bastard.
(b) That he is lucky to have Minnie.
(c) That Sophie is right about everything.
(d) That he needs the black community's support.
7. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) An educated man such as himself.
(b) A man.
(c) The lightest of the bunch.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
8. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(b) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(c) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(d) Sophie may come home and see him.
9. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
(b) It's a holiday.
(c) It's Sunday afternoon.
(d) It's late at night.
10. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) A picnic.
(c) The train station.
(d) The Saturday market.
11. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(b) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(c) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(d) They are both nervously startled.
12. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) Skulking in the yard.
(b) Listening in by the window from outside.
(c) In town checking for telegrams.
(d) In town drinking and gambling.
13. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
(b) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
(c) Burn her fields.
(d) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
14. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Gives him one last hug and kiss.
(b) Takes the deed from his pocket.
15. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A chance to apologize for his actions.
(b) A chance to return what is Minnie's or he will pay without knowing it.
(c) To buy the deed back.
(d) Property if he stays and leads Nicodemus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
2. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
3. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
4. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
5. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)