|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
(b) Her parents were never married.
(c) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
(d) Her father was abusive to her mother.
2. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(b) They are both nervously startled.
(c) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(d) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
3. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
(a) Every woman's dream.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A whole new dimension.
(d) A celebrity's life.
4. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
(a) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
5. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
(a) Go back to London with him.
(b) Run his telegram to the post office.
(c) Head to New Orleans to settle his issues.
(d) Ask Sophie to split up the land and sell her share.
6. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(b) Sophie may come home and see him.
(c) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(d) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
7. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(b) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
(c) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
(d) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
8. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) To stop being high and mighty.
(b) To learn when to mind her own business.
(c) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(d) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
9. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) A deed to a third of the property.
(c) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(d) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
10. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
11. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
(b) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
(c) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
(d) Burn her fields.
12. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Fannie reads the telegram aloud.
(b) Wil tells them what he has heard in town.
(c) Sophie demands Frank explain his behavior.
(d) Frank yells it aloud in anger.
13. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(b) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
(c) It is just a phase.
(d) He will never change.
14. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(b) They make the good ones sweeter.
(c) There are too many too count for a black man.
(d) He can do without them.
15. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A chance to return what is Minnie's or he will pay without knowing it.
(b) To buy the deed back.
(c) A chance to apologize for his actions.
(d) Property if he stays and leads Nicodemus.
Short Answer Questions
1. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
2. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
3. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
5. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)