|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(b) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(c) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
2. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(b) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(c) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
(d) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
3. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She has been beaten by Frank.
(d) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) It is just a phase.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
(d) He will never change.
5. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She calls for Sophie.
(b) She runs to find the people that hurt Minnie.
(c) She cries and hugs Minnie.
(d) She curses Frank.
6. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(b) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
(c) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(d) His assets and paternity is denied.
7. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Leaves the house for a walk.
(b) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(c) Goes to his room to drink.
(d) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
8. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(b) They all die from fever.
(c) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
(d) They are kidnapped and lynched.
9. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) An educated man such as himself.
(b) The lightest of the bunch.
(c) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
(d) A man.
10. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Seek revenge against Frank.
(b) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(c) Work it out with Frank.
(d) Leave Frank.
11. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(b) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(c) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(d) They are both nervously startled.
12. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(b) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(c) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(d) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
13. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
(a) Not many people stay to hear her speak.
(c) Sophie gets nervous and stammers the entire time.
(d) There are many arguments that the money is too much to refuse.
14. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
(a) A second telegram informs Frank he has legal rights to some money from his father.
(b) His name is on Minnie's deed.
(c) Minnie plans to sell her share of the land and return to London.
(d) He just bought out a piece of land right next to Sophie.
15. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Sophie may come home and see him.
(b) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(c) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(d) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
2. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
3. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
4. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
5. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)