|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Let him sell Minnie's land and leave as long as Minnie stays.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Buy the land back so he can leave.
2. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) When James dies.
(b) As soon as she is freed.
(c) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
(d) When all her children dies.
3. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) There are too many too count for a black man.
(b) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(c) They make the good ones sweeter.
(d) He can do without them.
4. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(b) It is her own fault.
(c) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(d) Minnie wants to go back to London.
5. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(b) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(c) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(d) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
6. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
(a) Go back to London with him.
(b) Head to New Orleans to settle his issues.
(c) Run his telegram to the post office.
(d) Ask Sophie to split up the land and sell her share.
7. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(a) Fannie's deed.
(c) A loan.
(d) A glass of water.
8. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(b) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
(c) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
(d) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
9. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
10. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(b) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(c) The white men from the train offer him a job.
(d) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
11. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(b) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(c) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(d) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
12. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(a) In smiles.
(d) Guilty looking.
13. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
(a) A celebrity's life.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) Every woman's dream.
(d) A whole new dimension.
14. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(a) The door is already open.
(d) Miss Leah.
15. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
(a) Lure Frank back to the house.
(b) Take Minnie away to some place safe.
(c) Guard the house and not let Frank in.
(d) Murder Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
2. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
3. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
4. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
5. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)