|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A chance to apologize for his actions.
(b) A chance to return what is Minnie's or he will pay without knowing it.
(c) To buy the deed back.
(d) Property if he stays and leads Nicodemus.
2. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
(a) Buy the land back so he can leave.
(b) Let him sell Minnie's land and leave as long as Minnie stays.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Shoot him.
3. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
(a) He knows how much the land is worth.
(b) He is excited to see Minnie wearing more than her country dresses.
(c) He is happy to return back to London soon.
(d) Hs is excited as long as she is excited.
4. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) The train station.
(b) The Saturday market.
(d) A picnic.
5. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) When all her children dies.
(b) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
(c) As soon as she is freed.
(d) When James dies.
6. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
(b) She has been beaten by Frank.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
7. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) His father's death.
(b) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
(c) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(d) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
8. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
(a) He just bought out a piece of land right next to Sophie.
(b) Minnie plans to sell her share of the land and return to London.
(c) His name is on Minnie's deed.
(d) A second telegram informs Frank he has legal rights to some money from his father.
9. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) It is dishonorable.
(b) Because they still love them.
(c) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(d) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
10. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She runs to hug him.
(b) She slowly approaches him to talk.
(c) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(d) She sits still with a fixed stare.
11. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(b) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(c) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
(d) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
12. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(b) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(c) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(d) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
13. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
(a) She lets him know Sophie is gone for a few days.
(b) Apple pie.
(d) She tells him that Minnie is getting dressed up nicely and he should wait while she does so.
14. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(b) Goes to his room to drink.
(c) Leaves the house for a walk.
(d) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
15. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
(a) That he is a bastard.
(b) That he is lucky to have Minnie.
(c) That Sophie is right about everything.
(d) That he needs the black community's support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
3. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
4. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
5. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)