|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) A picnic.
(b) The train station.
(c) The Saturday market.
2. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Leah.
3. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(b) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(c) Frank's approval of her behavior.
(d) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
4. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To buy them more land.
(b) To kill Frank.
(c) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(d) To beat up Frank.
5. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
(a) Miss Leah.
(c) Wil Parrish.
6. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(b) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(c) Kill her and her family.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
7. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
(a) Murder Frank.
(b) Lure Frank back to the house.
(c) Guard the house and not let Frank in.
(d) Take Minnie away to some place safe.
8. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
(b) He is justified.
(c) He believes he went out of line.
(d) No remorse.
9. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(a) Fannie's deed.
(c) A loan.
(d) A glass of water.
10. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(b) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(c) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(d) The white men from the train offer him a job.
11. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Goes to his room to drink.
(b) Leaves the house for a walk.
(c) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
(d) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
12. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) The white men from the train.
(d) A courier.
13. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
(a) Herbal tea.
(c) A comfortable bed.
14. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
(d) She has been beaten by Frank.
15. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(a) Disappointed in the town.
(d) Disappointed in herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
3. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
5. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)