|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
(a) Miss Leah.
(b) Wil Parrish.
2. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
(a) Every woman's dream.
(b) A celebrity's life.
(c) A fairy tale.
(d) A whole new dimension.
3. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(a) The door is already open.
(d) Miss Leah.
4. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
(a) She lets him know Sophie is gone for a few days.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) She tells him that Minnie is getting dressed up nicely and he should wait while she does so.
5. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
(b) Sophie gets nervous and stammers the entire time.
(c) There are many arguments that the money is too much to refuse.
(d) Not many people stay to hear her speak.
6. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Leah.
7. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He smirks at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(b) He greets everyone but blatantly ignores Sophie.
(c) He asks Minnie to stop taking advice from Sophie.
(d) An inappropriate hand gesture at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
8. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) To learn when to mind her own business.
(b) To stop being high and mighty.
(c) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(d) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
9. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) It is just a phase.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) He will never change.
(d) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
10. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(b) They all die from fever.
(c) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
(d) They are kidnapped and lynched.
11. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(b) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(c) Sophie may come home and see him.
(d) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
12. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) It's a holiday.
(b) It's Sunday afternoon.
(c) It's late at night.
(d) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
13. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
(a) Herbal tea.
(b) A comfortable bed.
14. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) The lightest of the bunch.
(b) A man.
(c) An educated man such as himself.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
15. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She sits still with a fixed stare.
(b) She runs to hug him.
(c) She slowly approaches him to talk.
(d) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
2. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
3. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
4. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)