|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
(a) Sophie likes to overreact and she does not agree with it.
(b) Minnie can be too childish at times, and she understands his frustrations.
(c) A wife's first allegiance is to her husband.
(d) All she wants is peace between everyone, no matter what it takes.
2. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(b) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(c) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(d) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
3. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She runs to hug him.
(b) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(c) She slowly approaches him to talk.
(d) She sits still with a fixed stare.
4. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) The next day.
(b) Not for another month.
(c) The next week.
(d) The same day.
5. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) He expects Fannie to go to the land office with him.
(b) He wants to see Minnie again.
(c) He wants to boast his successes to Sophie.
(d) He thinks Minnie is preparing to leave with him.
6. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
(a) She believes he is sorry.
(b) She thinks Frank loves Minnie but sometimes circumstances can be hard.
(c) She thinks he will likely hit her again.
(d) She still believes Minnie should leave him.
7. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
(a) Sophie is planning something sneaky to swing the vote.
(b) Sophie is avoiding Frank.
(c) Sophie is avoiding Minnie.
(d) Sophie is working on the speculators as much as her speech.
8. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(b) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(c) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(d) Sophie may come home and see him.
9. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to a third of the property.
(b) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(d) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
10. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(b) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(c) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
(d) His assets and paternity is denied.
11. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) Because they still love them.
(b) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(c) It is dishonorable.
(d) They have to deal with the white folks first.
12. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
(a) She lets him know Sophie is gone for a few days.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) She tells him that Minnie is getting dressed up nicely and he should wait while she does so.
13. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(a) A loan.
(b) A glass of water.
(d) Fannie's deed.
14. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
(a) Go back to London with him.
(b) Ask Sophie to split up the land and sell her share.
(c) Head to New Orleans to settle his issues.
(d) Run his telegram to the post office.
15. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
2. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
3. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
5. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)