|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) To learn when to mind her own business.
(b) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
(c) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(d) To stop being high and mighty.
2. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
(a) He is justified.
(c) He believes he went out of line.
(d) No remorse.
3. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
(a) A crowbar.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A scythe.
(d) A thick piece of fire wood.
4. What is the only reason Sophie is sorry for Frank's troubles?
(a) Because it might make Frank stay in Kansas and closer to her.
(b) Because Sophie doesn't believe in wishing bad luck on anyone.
(c) Because they concern Minnie too.
(d) Because Frank might ask her for help.
5. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(a) Guilty looking.
(b) In smiles.
6. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(a) Disappointed in herself.
(b) Disappointed in the town.
7. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(b) She sits still with a fixed stare.
(c) She runs to hug him.
(d) She slowly approaches him to talk.
8. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To buy them more land.
(b) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(c) To beat up Frank.
(d) To kill Frank.
9. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
(b) She tells him that Minnie is getting dressed up nicely and he should wait while she does so.
(c) She lets him know Sophie is gone for a few days.
(d) Apple pie.
10. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(b) They are both nervously startled.
(c) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(d) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
11. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) A courier.
(d) The white men from the train.
12. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(b) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(c) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
13. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) In town.
(b) Out for a walk.
(c) At church.
(d) Resting in the bedroom.
14. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) Not for another month.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next day.
(d) The same day.
15. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(b) The white men from the train offer him a job.
(c) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(d) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
2. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
4. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)