|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She curses Frank.
(b) She calls for Sophie.
(c) She cries and hugs Minnie.
(d) She runs to find the people that hurt Minnie.
2. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(c) Disappointed in the town.
(d) Disappointed in herself.
3. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Seek revenge against Frank.
(b) Work it out with Frank.
(c) Leave Frank.
(d) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
4. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(b) Frank's approval of her behavior.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
5. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(b) Kill her and her family.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
6. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
(a) That he is a bastard.
(b) That he needs the black community's support.
(c) That he is lucky to have Minnie.
(d) That Sophie is right about everything.
7. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(a) The door is already open.
(d) Miss Leah.
8. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
(a) He is happy to return back to London soon.
(b) He is excited to see Minnie wearing more than her country dresses.
(c) He knows how much the land is worth.
(d) Hs is excited as long as she is excited.
9. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
(a) Sophie gets nervous and stammers the entire time.
(b) Not many people stay to hear her speak.
(c) There are many arguments that the money is too much to refuse.
10. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) It's Sunday afternoon.
(b) It's a holiday.
(c) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
(d) It's late at night.
11. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
(b) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(c) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
(d) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
12. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(b) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(c) He wants some time to consider it.
(d) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
13. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
(c) Herbal tea.
(d) A comfortable bed.
14. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
15. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Goes to his room to drink.
(b) Leaves the house for a walk.
(c) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
(d) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
2. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
3. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
5. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)