|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
(a) His name is on Minnie's deed.
(b) He just bought out a piece of land right next to Sophie.
(c) Minnie plans to sell her share of the land and return to London.
(d) A second telegram informs Frank he has legal rights to some money from his father.
2. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
(a) He is justified.
(b) He believes he went out of line.
(c) No remorse.
3. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(b) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
4. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(b) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(c) It is her own fault.
(d) Frank really loves and cares for her.
5. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
(b) He wants some time to consider it.
(c) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(d) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
6. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
7. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(b) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
(c) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(d) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
8. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She has been beaten by Frank.
(c) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
(d) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
9. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(b) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(c) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(d) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
10. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Minnie leaving him.
(c) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(d) Being killed.
11. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) His father's death.
(b) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
(c) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(d) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
12. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Leaves the house for a walk.
(b) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
(c) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(d) Goes to his room to drink.
13. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(d) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
14. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
(a) Out for a walk.
(b) Post office.
15. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
2. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
4. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)