|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
(a) She still believes Minnie should leave him.
(b) She thinks he will likely hit her again.
(c) She believes he is sorry.
(d) She thinks Frank loves Minnie but sometimes circumstances can be hard.
2. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her father was abusive to her mother.
(b) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
(c) Her parents were never married.
(d) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
3. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) It is just a phase.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
(d) He will never change.
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) What they should do to stop Sophie from going too far.
(b) Where Frank is.
(c) What they should do about Frank.
(d) Where Sophie is.
5. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Minnie leaving him.
(b) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(c) Being killed.
6. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(b) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
(c) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
(d) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
7. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) The white men from the train.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) A courier.
8. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(b) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(c) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(d) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
9. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The peacemaker.
(b) The instigator.
(c) The bravest.
(d) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
10. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
(a) What Miss Leah thinks about Frank.
(b) Frank's well-being.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Sophie's reactions.
11. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) A man.
(b) The lightest of the bunch.
(c) An educated man such as himself.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
12. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
(a) His father's death.
(b) Frank loses a job to a less-qualified white man.
(c) Frank is robbed by a black man.
(d) Frank realizes the only educated people he knows are all white.
13. What is Frank's attitude when he encounters Sophie by the yard?
14. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(b) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
(c) He wants some time to consider it.
(d) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
15. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(a) Guilty looking.
(c) In smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil think of bad memories?
2. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
3. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
4. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
5. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)