|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(b) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(c) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(d) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
2. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A gift from his brothers.
(c) An indentured servant.
(d) A whore he won in a card game.
3. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
(a) Sophie likes to overreact and she does not agree with it.
(b) Minnie can be too childish at times, and she understands his frustrations.
(c) All she wants is peace between everyone, no matter what it takes.
(d) A wife's first allegiance is to her husband.
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Where Frank is.
(b) What they should do about Frank.
(c) What they should do to stop Sophie from going too far.
(d) Where Sophie is.
5. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) A man.
(b) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
(c) An educated man such as himself.
(d) The lightest of the bunch.
6. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To kill Frank.
(b) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(c) To buy them more land.
(d) To beat up Frank.
7. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(b) They are both nervously startled.
(c) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(d) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
8. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
(a) Miss Leah's first child.
(b) Miss Leah's previous slave owner.
(c) Miss Leah's late husband.
(d) Miss Leah's overseer.
9. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) There are too many too count for a black man.
(b) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(c) He can do without them.
(d) They make the good ones sweeter.
10. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
11. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(b) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
(c) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(d) They all die from fever.
12. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A loan.
(d) Fannie's deed.
13. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) Wil Parrish.
14. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) It is her own fault.
(b) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(c) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(d) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
15. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
(b) It's a holiday.
(c) It's Sunday afternoon.
(d) It's late at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
2. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
3. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
4. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)