|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(b) Leave her in Kansas.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Kill her and her family.
2. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
(b) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(c) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(d) He wants some time to consider it.
3. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(b) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
(c) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(d) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) He will never change.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) It is just a phase.
(d) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(b) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(c) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
(d) His assets and paternity is denied.
6. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(a) Disappointed in herself.
(c) Disappointed in the town.
7. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
(b) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(c) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(d) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
8. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(b) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
9. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(b) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
(c) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(d) Sophie may come home and see him.
10. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
11. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(b) To learn when to mind her own business.
(c) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
(d) To stop being high and mighty.
12. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
(a) Head to New Orleans to settle his issues.
(b) Run his telegram to the post office.
(c) Go back to London with him.
(d) Ask Sophie to split up the land and sell her share.
13. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(c) A deed to a third of the property.
(d) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
14. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
(a) Out for a walk.
(d) Post office.
15. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) It's late at night.
(b) It's Sunday afternoon.
(c) It's a holiday.
(d) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
3. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
4. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
5. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)