|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank ask for in Act 2, Scene 5 that Fannie refuses?
(b) Fannie's deed.
(c) A loan.
(d) A glass of water.
2. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(c) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(d) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
3. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To buy them more land.
(b) To beat up Frank.
(c) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(d) To kill Frank.
4. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(b) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(c) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(d) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
5. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
(a) Minnie plans to sell her share of the land and return to London.
(b) He just bought out a piece of land right next to Sophie.
(c) A second telegram informs Frank he has legal rights to some money from his father.
(d) His name is on Minnie's deed.
6. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(b) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(c) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
(d) They all die from fever.
7. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(b) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(c) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
(d) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
8. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
(a) There are many arguments that the money is too much to refuse.
(c) Not many people stay to hear her speak.
(d) Sophie gets nervous and stammers the entire time.
9. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
(a) Post office.
(b) Out for a walk.
10. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Hiding outside.
(b) Talking to potential speculators.
(c) Waiting behind the front door.
(d) Waiting in the bedroom.
11. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) They make the good ones sweeter.
(b) There are too many too count for a black man.
(c) He can do without them.
(d) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
12. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(b) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(c) He wants some time to consider it.
(d) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
13. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Takes the deed from his pocket.
(b) Gives him one last hug and kiss.
14. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Leave Frank.
(b) Seek revenge against Frank.
(c) Work it out with Frank.
(d) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
15. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) It is her own fault.
(b) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(c) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(d) Frank really loves and cares for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
2. When does Miss Leah go west?
3. What does Fannie think about Frank's feelings toward Minnie?
4. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
5. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)