|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Seek revenge against Frank.
(b) Leave Frank.
(c) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(d) Work it out with Frank.
2. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) Out for a walk.
(b) At church.
(c) In town.
(d) Resting in the bedroom.
3. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
(a) Miss Leah.
(b) Wil Parrish.
4. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
(a) The Saturday market.
(b) A picnic.
(d) The train station.
5. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
(a) Frank's well-being.
(b) Her baby.
(c) What Miss Leah thinks about Frank.
(d) Sophie's reactions.
6. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(c) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
(d) A deed to a third of the property.
7. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
(a) Out for a walk.
(d) Post office.
8. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(b) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(c) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
9. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) In town drinking and gambling.
(b) Skulking in the yard.
(c) In town checking for telegrams.
(d) Listening in by the window from outside.
10. Who opens the door when Frank arrives?
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) The door is already open.
11. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
(b) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
(c) Her father was abusive to her mother.
(d) Her parents were never married.
12. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(c) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(d) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
13. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
(a) Sophie may come home and see him.
(b) Fannie is up to something but does not know what.
(c) Frank might miss his train to New Orleans.
(d) Minnie may change her mind about leaving.
14. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Leave her in Kansas.
(b) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Kill her and her family.
15. What does Fannie say to make Frank believe she is on his side?
(a) Minnie can be too childish at times, and she understands his frustrations.
(b) Sophie likes to overreact and she does not agree with it.
(c) A wife's first allegiance is to her husband.
(d) All she wants is peace between everyone, no matter what it takes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
3. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
4. When does Miss Leah go west?
5. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)