|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(b) To stop being high and mighty.
(c) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
(d) To learn when to mind her own business.
2. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Seek revenge against Frank.
(b) Work it out with Frank.
(c) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(d) Leave Frank.
3. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
(b) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(c) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(d) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
4. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) An educated man such as himself.
(b) A man.
(c) The lightest of the bunch.
(d) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
5. What causes Minnie to stumble her way into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She has been beaten by Frank.
(b) She is attacked by black folks on her way home.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is attacked by the white men from the train.
6. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(b) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
(c) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(d) The white men from the train offer him a job.
7. What does Minnie do when she sees Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Takes the deed from his pocket.
(d) Gives him one last hug and kiss.
8. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She slowly approaches him to talk.
(b) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(c) She sits still with a fixed stare.
(d) She runs to hug him.
9. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
(b) Burn her fields.
(c) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
(d) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
10. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(b) They all die from fever.
(c) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(d) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
11. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Waiting behind the front door.
(b) Waiting in the bedroom.
(c) Hiding outside.
(d) Talking to potential speculators.
12. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
(b) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(c) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(d) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
13. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Property if he stays and leads Nicodemus.
(b) To buy the deed back.
(c) A chance to return what is Minnie's or he will pay without knowing it.
(d) A chance to apologize for his actions.
14. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A thick piece of fire wood.
(d) A crowbar.
15. How does Sophie's speech go at church?
(a) Not many people stay to hear her speak.
(c) Sophie gets nervous and stammers the entire time.
(d) There are many arguments that the money is too much to refuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
3. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
4. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
5. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)