|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does Wil miss?
2. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a slave.
(b) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(c) Reference to being a homesteader.
(d) Reference to being illiterate.
3. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(c) Overly warm.
4. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
5. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
(b) New Orleans.
6. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your tenacity to survive.
(b) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your determination to keep free.
7. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank pushes Minnie.
(b) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(c) Minnie pushes Frank.
(d) Frank slaps Minnie.
8. Where is Frank originally from?
(d) New Orleans.
9. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A flask.
10. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
11. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(b) There is still slavery.
(c) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(d) Black people get to vote.
12. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Care for Miss Leah.
(b) Have children.
(c) Care for the farm.
(d) Go to college.
13. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(b) Undoing her plaits.
(c) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(d) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
14. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
(a) The way they look.
(b) Their strength in surviving anything.
(c) Their songs and stories.
(d) The natural comraderie.
15. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
(a) She smiles warmly at him.
(b) She gives him a bear hug.
(c) She shakes his hand for a long time.
(d) She kisses his cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
2. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
3. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
4. How does Wil show he is a good man?
5. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)