|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part Native American.
(b) He looks white.
(c) He is part white.
(d) He is part black.
3. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
4. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A cut on her hand.
(b) A bruise on her arm.
(c) A bruised face.
(d) A scar.
5. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is the middle child.
(b) She is the eldest.
(c) She is the youngest.
(d) She is an adopted child.
6. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
(d) A homely dress.
7. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(a) A shawl.
(c) A cane.
8. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Going to town to find Frank.
(c) Checking on the horses.
9. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
(b) She invites him to dinner.
(c) She bakes him a pie.
(d) She sends him flowers.
10. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(b) He does not want to be there.
(c) He is competitive with Wil.
(d) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
11. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
12. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
(a) A chicken.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) An axe.
13. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) The train station.
(b) Out for a walk.
(c) The telegraph office.
(d) To the local pub.
14. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She loves him more than anything else.
(d) She has no feelings toward the man.
15. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(c) She already feels dead inside by this time.
(d) Scary and awful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
2. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
3. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
4. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
5. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)