|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(c) A shawl.
(d) A cane.
2. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He admires her.
(b) He thinks she can be boring.
(c) He disrespects her.
(d) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
3. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Independence of men.
(b) The fact that they are property owners.
(c) Their womanhood.
(d) Their freedom.
4. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(b) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(c) Undoing her plaits.
(d) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
5. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
6. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(b) A sample of Frank's writings.
(c) Pretty stationary and pen.
(d) A poster.
7. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Coquettish with Wil.
(b) Curious about the trains engineering.
(c) Impatiently excited.
(d) Impatient to get home again.
8. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
(a) Tells her how to act.
(b) Gives her a fashion makeover.
(c) Tells her he loves her.
(d) Proposes to her.
9. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her cane.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) Her gloves.
10. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She is upset by it.
(b) She supports it.
(c) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(d) She does not understand it.
11. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(b) A man.
(d) To be white.
12. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) To learn how to read.
(b) To open up a school.
(c) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(d) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
13. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) The telegraph office.
(b) The train station.
(c) To the local pub.
(d) Out for a walk.
14. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(b) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(c) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(d) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
15. Who does Minnie want Sophie to show her work to?
(c) Miss Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
2. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
4. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
5. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)