|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) Out for a walk.
(b) The telegraph office.
(c) To the local pub.
(d) The train station.
2. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "monkey."
(b) A "picanniny."
(c) A "nigger."
(d) An "animal."
3. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Curious about the trains engineering.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Impatiently excited.
(d) Impatient to get home again.
4. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(a) In poor condition.
5. What does Frank pass as when in town?
(a) A white man.
(b) A homesteader.
(c) A gambling hustler.
(d) A speculator.
6. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Have children.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Care for Miss Leah.
(d) Care for the farm.
7. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She slipped when in New Orleans.
(b) She was cutting wood.
(c) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(d) She fell on the train.
8. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(a) Overly warm.
9. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
10. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Straighten it.
(b) Cut it real short.
(c) Grow it long.
(d) Braid it.
11. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
(b) He thinks it fits her well.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He absolutely adores it.
12. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
13. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) His father owned Frank's mother.
(b) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(c) They worked on the same plantation.
(d) In the town grocery.
14. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(b) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(c) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(d) Home is wherever family is.
15. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(b) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(c) To handle Frank's father's will.
(d) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do while in town?
2. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
3. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
4. What place does Wil miss?
5. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)