|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
2. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(b) Frank pushes Minnie.
(c) Frank slaps Minnie.
(d) Minnie pushes Frank.
3. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
(b) "Black death."
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(b) She is excited about the different culture.
(c) She is scared of the novelty.
(d) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
5. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
(a) Proposes to her.
(b) Tells her he loves her.
(c) Gives her a fashion makeover.
(d) Tells her how to act.
6. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(c) Sophie makes better coffee.
(d) Sophie uses a cane.
7. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
8. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
(a) She aims a shotgun at him.
(b) She lunges toward Frank.
(c) She punches Frank in the face.
(d) She steps in front of Minnie to protect her.
9. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "picanniny."
(b) A "monkey."
(c) An "animal."
(d) A "nigger."
10. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To handle Frank's father's will.
(b) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(c) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(d) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
11. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Cut it real short.
(b) Braid it.
(c) Grow it long.
(d) Straighten it.
12. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is an adopted child.
(b) She is the eldest.
(c) She is the middle child.
(d) She is the youngest.
13. What does Frank do while in town?
(a) Gives a poetry reading.
(c) Picks up a white woman.
(d) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
14. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
15. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(d) In poor condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
2. What place does Wil miss?
3. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
4. How does Minnie explain her injury?
5. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)