|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
(a) His father's status.
(b) His looks and travel experience.
(c) His easy nature.
(d) His riches.
2. What does Frank do while in town?
(a) Gives a poetry reading.
(b) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
(c) Picks up a white woman.
3. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A poster.
(b) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(c) A sample of Frank's writings.
(d) Pretty stationary and pen.
4. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her cane.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
5. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
(a) Everyone but Frank.
(b) Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie.
(c) Fannie and Wil standing next to each other.
(d) Minnie's stylish hat.
6. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a slave.
(b) Reference to being illiterate.
(c) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(d) Reference to being a homesteader.
7. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(b) She is scared of the novelty.
(c) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(d) She is excited about the different culture.
8. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A flask.
(d) A shotgun.
9. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
10. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Miss Leah.
(b) Flowers for Sophie.
(c) Flowers for Fannie.
(d) Flowers for Minnie.
11. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
12. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Fannie's birthday.
(b) An end to worrying.
(c) Her Birthday.
(d) Her sister coming home.
13. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(d) In poor condition.
14. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
15. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
(a) Tells her he loves her.
(b) Proposes to her.
(c) Tells her how to act.
(d) Gives her a fashion makeover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
2. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
3. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
4. What does Sophie show Minnie when Fannie goes to bed?
5. How does Minnie explain her injury?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)