|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She is scared of the novelty.
(b) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(c) She is excited about the different culture.
(d) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
2. Wil is raised by whom?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) White slaveowners.
(c) Freed slaves.
(d) Seminole Natives.
3. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
(a) She's too black.
(b) She's too clumsy.
(c) She's too dumb.
(d) She's too poor.
4. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She fell on the train.
(b) She slipped when in New Orleans.
(c) She was cutting wood.
(d) She was dancing and fell in the street.
5. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your tenacity to survive.
(b) Your determination to keep free.
(c) Your strength.
(d) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
6. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(b) Overly warm.
7. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(b) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(c) Quietly among family only.
(d) Openly and not hidden.
8. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
9. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
(a) Female dominant.
(b) Unconditionally loving.
(d) Male dominant.
10. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
(a) A chicken.
(b) An axe.
(c) A shotgun.
11. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a homesteader.
(b) Reference to being a slave.
(c) Reference to being illiterate.
(d) Reference to being a wild Indian.
12. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
13. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(b) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(c) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(d) To handle Frank's father's will.
14. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
15. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Leah.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Baker.
(d) Miss Lewiston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
2. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
3. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
4. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
5. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)