|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
2. What does Frank do while in town?
(a) Picks up a white woman.
(b) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
(c) Gives a poetry reading.
3. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) They worked on the same plantation.
(c) In the town grocery.
(d) His father owned Frank's mother.
4. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
5. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Leah.
(b) Miss Lewiston.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Miss Baker.
6. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
(a) That Minnie's property is about to be put up for auction.
(b) That Minnie's property is worth a lot of money.
(c) That Sophie is a big name in Nicodemus.
(d) That most of the blacks are leaning towards selling to speculators.
7. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
8. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Checking on the horses.
(c) Going to town to find Frank.
9. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(a) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
(c) The weather.
10. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
11. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
12. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(b) Openly and not hidden.
(c) Quietly among family only.
(d) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
13. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(c) In denial.
14. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Fannie.
(b) Flowers for Miss Leah.
(c) Flowers for Sophie.
(d) Flowers for Minnie.
15. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(d) Miss Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
2. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
3. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
4. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
5. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)