|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
2. Wil is raised by whom?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) White slaveowners.
(c) Seminole Natives.
(d) Freed slaves.
3. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(d) Overly warm.
4. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
(c) A homely dress.
5. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) In the town grocery.
(b) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(c) His father owned Frank's mother.
(d) They worked on the same plantation.
6. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(b) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(c) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(d) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
7. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
(b) A shotgun.
(c) An axe.
(d) A chicken.
8. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
(b) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(c) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(d) Undoing her plaits.
9. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
(a) He follows her until she agrees to go out on a date.
(b) He dedicates a poem to her.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He writes a poem about her.
10. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
(c) New Orleans.
11. Where is Frank originally from?
(b) New Orleans.
12. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank pushes Minnie.
(b) Minnie pushes Frank.
(c) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(d) Frank slaps Minnie.
13. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(b) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(c) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(d) Home is wherever family is.
14. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She is excited about the different culture.
(b) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(c) She is scared of the novelty.
(d) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
15. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mulatto.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
3. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
4. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
5. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)