|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A flask.
2. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
(a) That she loves Frank.
(b) That Sophie is overreacting.
(c) That it is Minnie's fault.
(d) That Minnie is pregnant.
3. What does Frank pass as when in town?
(a) A homesteader.
(b) A gambling hustler.
(c) A white man.
(d) A speculator.
4. Where is Frank originally from?
(d) New Orleans.
5. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Mr. Lewiston.
(d) Miss Leah.
6. What place does Wil miss?
7. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) The fact that they are property owners.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Independence of men.
(d) Their womanhood.
8. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(c) In denial.
9. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) The ticket collector.
(b) The station manager.
(c) Some white men from the train.
(d) Wil Parrish.
10. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
(a) Everyone but Frank.
(b) Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie.
(c) Minnie's stylish hat.
(d) Fannie and Wil standing next to each other.
11. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A scar.
(b) A bruise on her arm.
(c) A bruised face.
(d) A cut on her hand.
12. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(b) To handle Frank's father's will.
(c) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(d) To handle Minnie's share of property.
13. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(c) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(d) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
14. What does Sophie show Minnie when Fannie goes to bed?
(a) Sophie's plans for Nicodemus.
(b) Fannie's paintings.
(c) Fannie's writings.
(d) Miss Leah's surprise quilt for Minnie.
15. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
3. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
4. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
5. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)