|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
2. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
(a) That Minnie is pregnant.
(b) That Sophie is overreacting.
(c) That she loves Frank.
(d) That it is Minnie's fault.
3. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
(a) Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie.
(b) Minnie's stylish hat.
(c) Fannie and Wil standing next to each other.
(d) Everyone but Frank.
4. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
(a) Mr. Lewiston.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
5. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
6. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) The station manager.
(b) Some white men from the train.
(c) The ticket collector.
(d) Wil Parrish.
7. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) Pretty stationary and pen.
(b) A sample of Frank's writings.
(c) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(d) A poster.
8. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A bruised face.
(b) A bruise on her arm.
(c) A cut on her hand.
(d) A scar.
9. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She bakes him a pie.
(b) She sends him flowers.
(c) She invites him to dinner.
(d) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
10. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Checking on the horses.
(c) Going to town to find Frank.
(d) Chopping wood.
11. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Have children.
(b) Care for Miss Leah.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Care for the farm.
12. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
13. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(b) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(c) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(d) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
14. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(a) New Orleans.
15. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Baker.
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Miss Lewiston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
2. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
3. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
4. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
5. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)