|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank slaps Minnie.
(b) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(c) Minnie pushes Frank.
(d) Frank pushes Minnie.
2. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
(a) They are waiting for Frank to come home.
(b) They are preparing for their ritual.
(c) They are discussing the expansion plans of Nicodemus.
(d) They are waiting to hear from Wil Parrish.
3. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She is excited about the different culture.
(b) She is scared of the novelty.
(c) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(d) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
4. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
(a) Minnie's stylish hat.
(b) Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie.
(c) Fannie and Wil standing next to each other.
(d) Everyone but Frank.
5. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
(a) Mr. Lewiston.
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Wil Parrish.
6. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Writing a book of their stories.
(b) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(c) Opening a school.
(d) Negotiable prices for speculators.
7. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Baker.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Lewiston.
(d) Miss Leah.
8. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(b) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(c) To handle Frank's father's will.
(d) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
9. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
10. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Coquettish with Wil.
(b) Curious about the trains engineering.
(c) Impatiently excited.
(d) Impatient to get home again.
11. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(c) Miss Leah.
12. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He absolutely adores it.
(b) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
(c) He thinks it fits her well.
(d) He hates it.
13. What does Frank do while in town?
(b) Picks up a white woman.
(c) Gives a poetry reading.
(d) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
14. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
(a) That it is Minnie's fault.
(b) That Minnie is pregnant.
(c) That she loves Frank.
(d) That Sophie is overreacting.
15. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Frank Charles.
(b) White speculators.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Sophie Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
2. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
3. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
4. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
5. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)