|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
2. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A flask.
3. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(a) New Orleans.
4. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(c) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(d) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
5. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) Black people get to vote.
(b) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(c) There is still slavery.
(d) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
6. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(b) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(c) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(d) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
7. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He disrespects her.
(b) He thinks she can be boring.
(c) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
(d) He admires her.
8. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
(a) "Black death."
9. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
(a) They are waiting to hear from Wil Parrish.
(b) They are preparing for their ritual.
(c) They are discussing the expansion plans of Nicodemus.
(d) They are waiting for Frank to come home.
10. What does Sophie show Minnie when Fannie goes to bed?
(a) Sophie's plans for Nicodemus.
(b) Fannie's writings.
(c) Miss Leah's surprise quilt for Minnie.
(d) Fannie's paintings.
11. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A scar.
(b) A cut on her hand.
(c) A bruise on her arm.
(d) A bruised face.
12. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
13. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(b) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
14. What does Frank do while in town?
(b) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
(c) Gives a poetry reading.
(d) Picks up a white woman.
15. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) His father owned Frank's mother.
(d) They worked on the same plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
2. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
3. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
4. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
5. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)