|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) He wants to see Minnie again.
(b) He wants to boast his successes to Sophie.
(c) He thinks Minnie is preparing to leave with him.
(d) He expects Fannie to go to the land office with him.
2. Why does Frank make Sophie nervous?
(a) She believes he hates colored people.
(b) Frank drinks too much.
(c) His city lifestyle is discomforting to her.
(d) Frank always carries a shotgun with him.
3. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(b) Scary and awful.
(d) She already feels dead inside by this time.
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
5. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(b) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(c) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(d) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
2. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
3. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
4. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
5. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)