|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) His father owned Frank's mother.
(b) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(c) They worked on the same plantation.
(d) In the town grocery.
2. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(b) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
(c) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
(d) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
3. What does Sophie and Miss Leah make of the Bakers' baby?
(a) He is an angel.
(b) He is bad.
(c) He will be a great match for Minnie's baby.
(d) His health has made the Bakers the happiest they have ever been.
4. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
(b) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(c) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(d) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
5. What does Sophie do when she enters the yard in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Opens up her arms to take in all that is hers in peace.
(b) Recalls the time she and Frank has a feud in the yard.
(c) Catches up to her sisters to take them into her arms.
(d) Smiles at the moon as she catches up to her sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
2. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
3. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
4. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
5. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)