|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Leave her in Kansas.
(b) Kill her and her family.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Bring her to town and sell her off.
2. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(b) To learn how to read.
(c) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(d) To open up a school.
3. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(b) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(c) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(d) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
4. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(b) White speculators.
(c) Frank Charles.
(d) Sophie Washington.
5. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Buy the land back so he can leave.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Let him sell Minnie's land and leave as long as Minnie stays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
2. Wil is raised by whom?
3. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
4. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
5. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)