|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) Not for another month.
(b) The same day.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next day.
2. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
(b) A flask.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A shotgun.
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(a) A man.
(b) To be white.
4. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) The white men from the train.
(b) A courier.
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Wil Parrish.
5. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Grandmother and grandchild.
(c) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
2. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
3. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
4. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
5. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)