|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie show Minnie when Fannie goes to bed?
(a) Fannie's paintings.
(b) Fannie's writings.
(c) Miss Leah's surprise quilt for Minnie.
(d) Sophie's plans for Nicodemus.
2. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(b) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. What truth does Frank finally face when Minnie tries to comfort him?
(a) That he needs the black community's support.
(b) That he is lucky to have Minnie.
(c) That he is a bastard.
(d) That Sophie is right about everything.
4. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank slaps Minnie.
(b) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(c) Frank pushes Minnie.
(d) Minnie pushes Frank.
5. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
2. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
4. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
5. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)