|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your strength.
(b) Your tenacity to survive.
(c) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(d) Your determination to keep free.
2. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(a) The weather.
(d) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
3. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(b) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(c) Kill her and her family.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
4. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(b) They make the good ones sweeter.
(c) There are too many too count for a black man.
(d) He can do without them.
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(b) His assets and paternity is denied.
(c) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(d) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
2. What does Sophie and Miss Leah make of the Bakers' baby?
3. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
4. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
5. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)