|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "nigger."
(b) An "animal."
(c) A "monkey."
(d) A "picanniny."
2. What place does Wil miss?
3. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) At church.
(b) In town.
(c) Out for a walk.
(d) Resting in the bedroom.
4. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
5. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) As soon as she is freed.
(b) When all her children dies.
(c) When James dies.
(d) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
2. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
3. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
4. How does Wil show he is a good man?
5. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)