|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(b) Seek revenge against Frank.
(c) Leave Frank.
(d) Work it out with Frank.
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is competitive with Wil.
(b) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(c) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(d) He does not want to be there.
3. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "picanniny."
(b) An "animal."
(c) A "nigger."
(d) A "monkey."
4. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
(a) She slowly approaches him to talk.
(b) She runs to hug him.
(c) She turns her head away until he kisses her.
(d) She sits still with a fixed stare.
5. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
(a) He writes a poem about her.
(b) He follows her until she agrees to go out on a date.
(c) He dedicates a poem to her.
(d) He sings to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
2. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
3. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
4. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
5. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)