|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
(a) Gives her a fashion makeover.
(b) Tells her how to act.
(c) Tells her he loves her.
(d) Proposes to her.
2. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Mr. Lewiston.
3. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your determination to keep free.
(b) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your tenacity to survive.
4. Why does Frank make Sophie nervous?
(a) Frank always carries a shotgun with him.
(b) She believes he hates colored people.
(c) His city lifestyle is discomforting to her.
(d) Frank drinks too much.
5. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(b) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
2. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
3. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
4. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
5. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)