|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
(a) The next day.
(b) Not for another month.
(c) The same day.
(d) The next week.
2. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
(b) Burn her fields.
(c) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
(d) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
3. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She slipped when in New Orleans.
(b) She was cutting wood.
(c) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(d) She fell on the train.
4. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
5. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The instigator.
(b) The bravest.
(c) The peacemaker.
(d) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
2. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
3. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
4. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
5. Frank tells the white men on the train Minnie is __________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)