|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To kill Frank.
(b) To beat up Frank.
(c) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(d) To buy them more land.
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is competitive with Wil.
(b) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(c) He does not want to be there.
(d) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
3. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "monkey."
(b) A "nigger."
(c) A "picanniny."
(d) An "animal."
4. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
(a) Fannie wonders what business Frank has that requires him to run errands.
(b) It's a holiday.
(c) It's Sunday afternoon.
(d) It's late at night.
5. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part Native American.
(b) He is part black.
(c) He looks white.
(d) He is part white.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Minnie explain her injury?
2. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
3. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
5. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)