|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie shift in her arm that alarms Frank as they talk?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A thick piece of fire wood.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A crowbar.
2. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
(a) She punches Frank in the face.
(b) She lunges toward Frank.
(c) She steps in front of Minnie to protect her.
(d) She aims a shotgun at him.
3. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She is a mulatto.
(d) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
4. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The instigator.
(b) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
(c) The bravest.
(d) The peacemaker.
5. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
(a) That Sophie is overreacting.
(b) That Minnie is pregnant.
(c) That it is Minnie's fault.
(d) That she loves Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
2. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
3. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)