|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) To open up a school.
(b) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(c) To learn how to read.
(d) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mestizo.
(b) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(c) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) She is a mulatto.
3. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
(a) The sister who chooses to ignore what does not directly affect her.
(b) The bravest.
(c) The peacemaker.
(d) The instigator.
4. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Care for the farm.
(b) Care for Miss Leah.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Have children.
5. What place does Wil miss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
3. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)