|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He greets everyone but blatantly ignores Sophie.
(b) He smirks at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(c) An inappropriate hand gesture at Sophie when Minnie hugs him.
(d) He asks Minnie to stop taking advice from Sophie.
2. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(b) His assets and paternity is denied.
(c) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
(d) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
3. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) He will never change.
(d) It is just a phase.
4. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
(b) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
(c) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
(d) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
5. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
(a) He believes he went out of line.
(b) No remorse.
(d) He is justified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
2. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
3. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
4. What is the only reason Sophie is sorry for Frank's troubles?
5. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)