|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank pass as when in town?
(a) A speculator.
(b) A white man.
(c) A homesteader.
(d) A gambling hustler.
2. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Minnie leaving him.
(b) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(d) Being killed.
3. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(b) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(c) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(d) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
4. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(b) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(c) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(d) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
5. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(b) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(c) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
(d) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
2. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
3. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
4. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
5. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)