|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Mr. Lewiston.
2. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(b) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
(c) He never knew many black people.
(d) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
3. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
(a) They are discussing the expansion plans of Nicodemus.
(b) They are waiting for Frank to come home.
(c) They are waiting to hear from Wil Parrish.
(d) They are preparing for their ritual.
4. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your tenacity to survive.
(b) Your determination to keep free.
(c) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(d) Your strength.
5. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Have children.
(b) Care for the farm.
(c) Care for Miss Leah.
(d) Go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
2. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
3. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
4. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
5. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)