|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(b) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(c) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(d) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
2. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
(a) A celebrity's life.
(b) A whole new dimension.
(c) Every woman's dream.
(d) A fairy tale.
3. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(b) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(c) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(d) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
4. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
(a) A deed to a third of the property.
(b) A deed to all their land in Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) A paid for passage ticket back to London.
(d) An expensive dress so she wouldn't miss London so much.
5. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
(a) Tells her he loves her.
(b) Gives her a fashion makeover.
(c) Proposes to her.
(d) Tells her how to act.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
2. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
3. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
5. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)