|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She despises him.
(b) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(c) She has no feelings toward the man.
(d) She loves him more than anything else.
2. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) The telegraph office.
(b) Out for a walk.
(c) The train station.
(d) To the local pub.
3. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(b) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(c) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(d) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
4. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(b) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Grandmother and grandchild.
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(c) She is a mulatto.
(d) She is a mestizo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
2. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
3. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
4. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
5. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)