|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(a) Minnie leaving him.
(b) Being killed.
(d) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
2. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
3. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(d) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
4. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
(a) She's too dumb.
(b) She's too black.
(c) She's too clumsy.
(d) She's too poor.
5. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(b) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(c) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(d) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
2. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
5. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)