|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(b) She is excited about the different culture.
(c) She is scared of the novelty.
(d) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(b) To be white.
(d) A man.
3. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(b) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
(c) He never knew many black people.
(d) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
4. Wil is raised by whom?
(a) Freed slaves.
(b) White slaveowners.
(c) Seminole Natives.
(d) His grandparents.
5. What does Frank do while in town?
(b) Gives a poetry reading.
(c) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
(d) Picks up a white woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
2. How does Minnie explain her injury?
3. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
4. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
5. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)