|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rude advice does Frank give Sophie?
(a) To stop trying to make Nicodemus something it will never be.
(b) To stop being high and mighty.
(c) If she's smart enough, she'll know when to shut her trap.
(d) To learn when to mind her own business.
2. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(b) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
3. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(a) A shawl.
(c) A cane.
4. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Goes to his room to drink.
(b) Leaves the house for a walk.
(c) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
(d) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mulatto.
(b) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) She is a mestizo.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
2. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
3. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
4. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
5. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)