|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
(a) Sophie is working on the speculators as much as her speech.
(b) Sophie is avoiding Minnie.
(c) Sophie is avoiding Frank.
(d) Sophie is planning something sneaky to swing the vote.
2. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(b) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(c) She is scared of the novelty.
(d) She is excited about the different culture.
3. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
(b) No remorse.
(c) He believes he went out of line.
(d) He is justified.
4. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) She is a mulatto.
(c) She is a mestizo.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
5. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
(a) Their strength in surviving anything.
(b) The way they look.
(c) The natural comraderie.
(d) Their songs and stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Minnie explain her injury?
2. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
3. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
4. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
5. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)