|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Grow it long.
(b) Cut it real short.
(c) Braid it.
(d) Straighten it.
2. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "picanniny."
(b) An "animal."
(c) A "monkey."
(d) A "nigger."
3. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
(b) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(c) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(d) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
4. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
5. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
(a) He dedicates a poem to her.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He follows her until she agrees to go out on a date.
(d) He writes a poem about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie makes a speech in church about the speculators and selling the land. When will the vote take place from the time she gives her speech?
2. Where is Frank originally from?
3. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
4. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
5. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)