|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He thinks it fits her well.
(c) He absolutely adores it.
(d) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
2. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Going to town to find Frank.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Checking on the horses.
3. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "nigger."
(b) A "picanniny."
(c) An "animal."
(d) A "monkey."
4. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A shotgun.
(d) An axe.
5. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(b) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(c) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
(d) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
2. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
3. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
4. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)