|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
(b) In smiles.
(d) Guilty looking.
2. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(d) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
3. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(b) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(c) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(d) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
4. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
5. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(b) She was cutting wood.
(c) She fell on the train.
(d) She slipped when in New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
2. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
3. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
4. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
5. Frank shows __________ about his behavior towards MInnie and her family.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)