|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(c) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(d) Openly and not hidden.
2. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(b) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(c) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(d) To handle Frank's father's will.
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
(a) Goes to his room to drink.
(b) Furiously writes a response to the sender.
(c) Leaves the house for a walk.
(d) Yell at Minnie that it is her fault.
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(b) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(c) She is excited about the different culture.
(d) She is scared of the novelty.
5. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
3. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
4. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
5. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)