|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(b) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Quietly among family only.
2. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) To open up a school.
(b) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(c) To learn how to read.
(d) Not to sell their land to speculators.
3. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(b) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(c) He is competitive with Wil.
(d) He does not want to be there.
4. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
(d) "Black death."
5. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(c) Overly warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
2. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
3. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
4. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
5. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)