|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(b) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) She is a mestizo.
(d) She is a mulatto.
2. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(b) To open up a school.
(c) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(d) To learn how to read.
3. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
(c) New Orleans.
4. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie uses a cane.
(b) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(c) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(d) Sophie makes better coffee.
5. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Writing a book of their stories.
(b) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(c) Opening a school.
(d) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Wil miss?
2. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
3. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
4. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
5. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)