|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
(a) That she loves Frank.
(b) That Sophie is overreacting.
(c) That it is Minnie's fault.
(d) That Minnie is pregnant.
2. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(b) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(c) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(d) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
3. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(b) Scary and awful.
(c) She already feels dead inside by this time.
4. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie uses a cane.
(b) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(c) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(d) Sophie makes better coffee.
5. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
2. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
3. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
4. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)