|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Chopping wood.
(c) Going to town to find Frank.
(d) Checking on the horses.
2. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(b) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Her Birthday.
(b) Fannie's birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Her sister coming home.
4. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(b) To learn how to read.
(c) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(d) To open up a school.
5. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(b) She fell on the train.
(c) She slipped when in New Orleans.
(d) She was cutting wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
2. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
3. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
5. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)