|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She loves him more than anything else.
(b) She has no feelings toward the man.
(c) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(d) She despises him.
2. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) Home is wherever family is.
(b) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(c) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(d) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
3. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
(a) She's too poor.
(b) She's too dumb.
(c) She's too black.
(d) She's too clumsy.
4. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
5. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
(b) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(c) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
(d) He never knew many black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
3. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
4. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
5. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)