|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) His father owned Frank's mother.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) They worked on the same plantation.
(d) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
2. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Checking on the horses.
(c) Going to town to find Frank.
3. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(b) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(c) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(d) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
4. What does Frank pass as when in town?
(a) A speculator.
(b) A white man.
(c) A gambling hustler.
(d) A homesteader.
5. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(c) She already feels dead inside by this time.
(d) Scary and awful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
2. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
3. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
4. How does Minnie explain her injury?
5. What place does Wil miss?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)