|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(c) She already feels dead inside by this time.
(d) Scary and awful.
2. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(b) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(c) To learn how to read.
(d) To open up a school.
3. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Coquettish with Wil.
(b) Impatiently excited.
(c) Impatient to get home again.
(d) Curious about the trains engineering.
4. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
(a) It is the only form of love she knows.
(b) This allows her to not work on the plantation.
(c) Her slave owner makes her.
(d) She is raped by the slave owner.
5. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(c) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(d) Openly and not hidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
2. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
3. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
4. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
5. Wil is raised by whom?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)