|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Impatient to get home again.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Curious about the trains engineering.
(d) Impatiently excited.
2. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(b) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(c) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(d) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
3. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Chopping wood.
(b) Going to town to find Frank.
(d) Checking on the horses.
4. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A picaninny.
(c) An animal.
(d) A nigger.
5. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her gloves.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her eyeglasses.
(d) Her cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
2. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
3. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
4. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
5. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)