|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) White speculators.
(b) Frank Charles.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Sophie Washington.
2. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie makes better coffee.
(b) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(c) Sophie uses a cane.
(d) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
3. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She is excited about the different culture.
(b) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(c) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(d) She is scared of the novelty.
4. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
(c) New Orleans.
5. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
(a) His father's status.
(b) His easy nature.
(c) His looks and travel experience.
(d) His riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wil is raised by whom?
2. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
3. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
4. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
5. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)