|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank make Sophie nervous?
(a) His city lifestyle is discomforting to her.
(b) Frank drinks too much.
(c) Frank always carries a shotgun with him.
(d) She believes he hates colored people.
2. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) The fact that they are property owners.
(b) Their womanhood.
(c) Independence of men.
(d) Their freedom.
3. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Checking on the horses.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Going to town to find Frank.
4. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(a) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
5. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
2. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
3. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
4. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)