|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(a) In denial.
2. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(b) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(c) She is excited about the different culture.
(d) She is scared of the novelty.
3. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(b) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(c) Undoing her plaits.
(d) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
4. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(b) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(c) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(d) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
5. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
(a) That Sophie is a big name in Nicodemus.
(b) That Minnie's property is about to be put up for auction.
(c) That most of the blacks are leaning towards selling to speculators.
(d) That Minnie's property is worth a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
2. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
3. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
4. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
5. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)