|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) There is still slavery.
(b) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(c) Black people get to vote.
(d) There are no Jim Crow laws.
2. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(a) The weather.
(d) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
3. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is the middle child.
(b) She is an adopted child.
(c) She is the youngest.
(d) She is the eldest.
4. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
5. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her shawl.
(b) Her eyeglasses.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
3. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
4. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
5. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)