|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never knew many black people.
(b) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
(c) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(d) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is competitive with Wil.
(b) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(c) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(d) He does not want to be there.
3. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He looks white.
(b) He is part black.
(c) He is part Native American.
(d) He is part white.
4. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
(a) This allows her to not work on the plantation.
(b) She is raped by the slave owner.
(c) Her slave owner makes her.
(d) It is the only form of love she knows.
5. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She has no feelings toward the man.
(b) She loves him more than anything else.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
2. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
3. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
4. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
5. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)