|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank pass as when in town?
(a) A gambling hustler.
(b) A homesteader.
(c) A speculator.
(d) A white man.
2. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(b) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(c) Mother and daughter.
3. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their womanhood.
(b) The fact that they are property owners.
(c) Independence of men.
(d) Their freedom.
4. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A scar.
(b) A cut on her hand.
(c) A bruised face.
(d) A bruise on her arm.
5. What does Frank do while in town?
(a) Picks up a white woman.
(b) Gives a poetry reading.
(c) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
2. How does Wil show he is a good man?
3. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
4. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
5. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)