|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) His father owned Frank's mother.
(c) They worked on the same plantation.
(d) In the town grocery.
2. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank slaps Minnie.
(b) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(c) Frank pushes Minnie.
(d) Minnie pushes Frank.
3. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(b) Openly and not hidden.
(c) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(d) Quietly among family only.
5. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank originally from?
2. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
3. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
4. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
5. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)