|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(b) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(c) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(d) He helps whomever whenever he can.
2. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
(a) They are waiting to hear from Wil Parrish.
(b) They are waiting for Frank to come home.
(c) They are discussing the expansion plans of Nicodemus.
(d) They are preparing for their ritual.
3. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
(a) Frank slaps Minnie.
(b) Frank walks toward Minnie with a raised hand.
(c) Frank pushes Minnie.
(d) Minnie pushes Frank.
4. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(b) Reference to being illiterate.
(c) Reference to being a homesteader.
(d) Reference to being a slave.
5. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(c) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
2. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
4. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
5. How does Minnie explain her injury?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)