|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a homesteader.
(b) Reference to being a slave.
(c) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(d) Reference to being illiterate.
2. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(c) A shawl.
(d) A cane.
3. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(b) Undoing her plaits.
(c) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(d) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
4. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A poster.
(b) A sample of Frank's writings.
(c) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(d) Pretty stationary and pen.
5. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A cut on her hand.
(b) A bruised face.
(c) A bruise on her arm.
(d) A scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
2. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
3. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
4. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
5. How does Wil show he is a good man?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)