|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
2. What does Sophie show Minnie when Fannie goes to bed?
(a) Fannie's writings.
(b) Miss Leah's surprise quilt for Minnie.
(c) Sophie's plans for Nicodemus.
(d) Fannie's paintings.
3. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(b) To open up a school.
(c) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(d) To learn how to read.
4. When Frank walks aggressively toward Minnie what is Sophie's reaction?
(a) She lunges toward Frank.
(b) She steps in front of Minnie to protect her.
(c) She punches Frank in the face.
(d) She aims a shotgun at him.
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(b) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(c) Home is wherever family is.
(d) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
2. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
3. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
4. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
5. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)