|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(b) Black people get to vote.
(c) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(d) There is still slavery.
2. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
3. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(b) Grandmother and grandchild.
(d) Mother and daughter.
4. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their womanhood.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) Independence of men.
(d) The fact that they are property owners.
5. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Care for Miss Leah.
(b) Care for the farm.
(c) Have children.
(d) Go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
2. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
3. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
4. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)