|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
(b) Undoing her plaits.
(c) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(d) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
2. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(b) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(c) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(d) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
3. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
4. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
(a) An animal.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A nigger.
(d) A picaninny.
5. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A sample of Frank's writings.
(b) A poster.
(c) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(d) Pretty stationary and pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Minnie explain her injury?
2. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
3. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
4. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
5. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)