|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Baker.
(b) Miss Lewiston.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
2. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(b) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
(c) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(d) Undoing her plaits.
3. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
(a) His riches.
(b) His father's status.
(c) His looks and travel experience.
(d) His easy nature.
4. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(b) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(c) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(d) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
5. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(b) In poor condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
2. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
4. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
5. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)