|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their womanhood.
(b) Their freedom.
(c) The fact that they are property owners.
(d) Independence of men.
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She is a mulatto.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
3. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) White speculators.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Frank Charles.
(d) Sophie Washington.
4. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(a) Scary and awful.
(c) She already feels dead inside by this time.
5. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
2. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
4. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
5. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)