|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
(a) Her slave owner makes her.
(b) She is raped by the slave owner.
(c) This allows her to not work on the plantation.
(d) It is the only form of love she knows.
2. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He dedicates a poem to her.
(c) He follows her until she agrees to go out on a date.
(d) He writes a poem about her.
3. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
(a) A monkey.
(b) An animal.
(c) A nigger.
(d) A picaninny.
4. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(b) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
(c) He never knew many black people.
(d) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
5. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
2. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
3. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
4. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
5. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)