|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She has no feelings toward the man.
(b) She loves him more than anything else.
(c) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(d) She despises him.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Frank Charles.
(b) Sophie Washington.
(c) White speculators.
(d) Wil Parrish.
3. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Have children.
(b) Care for Miss Leah.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Care for the farm.
4. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(b) She already feels dead inside by this time.
(c) Scary and awful.
5. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(c) Sophie uses a cane.
(d) Sophie makes better coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank originally from?
2. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
3. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
4. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
5. How does Wil show he is a good man?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)