|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(b) To be white.
(c) A man.
2. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(b) Your tenacity to survive.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your determination to keep free.
3. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
4. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
(a) He follows her until she agrees to go out on a date.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He writes a poem about her.
(d) He dedicates a poem to her.
5. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
2. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
3. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
4. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
5. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)