|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(b) He never knew many black people.
(c) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
(d) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
2. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their womanhood.
(b) Independence of men.
(c) Their freedom.
(d) The fact that they are property owners.
3. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(b) Sophie uses a cane.
(c) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(d) Sophie makes better coffee.
4. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He disrespects her.
(b) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
(c) He admires her.
(d) He thinks she can be boring.
5. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(b) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(c) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(d) He helps whomever whenever he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
2. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
3. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
4. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
5. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)