|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Curious about the trains engineering.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Impatient to get home again.
(d) Impatiently excited.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Sophie Washington.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Frank Charles.
(d) White speculators.
3. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
(b) He thinks it fits her well.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He absolutely adores it.
4. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
(a) An animal.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A picaninny.
(d) A nigger.
5. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Her sister coming home.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Fannie's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wil show he is a good man?
2. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
3. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
4. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
5. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)