|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(b) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(c) Home is wherever family is.
(d) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
2. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
(a) Her slave owner makes her.
(b) She is raped by the slave owner.
(c) It is the only form of love she knows.
(d) This allows her to not work on the plantation.
3. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A cut on her hand.
(b) A bruised face.
(c) A scar.
(d) A bruise on her arm.
4. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(b) Miss Leah.
5. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
(b) He thinks it fits her well.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He absolutely adores it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
2. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
3. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
4. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
5. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)