|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a slave.
(b) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(c) Reference to being illiterate.
(d) Reference to being a homesteader.
2. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part black.
(b) He is part white.
(c) He is part Native American.
(d) He looks white.
3. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
(a) A homely dress.
4. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(b) She loves him more than anything else.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She has no feelings toward the man.
5. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
(a) Unconditionally loving.
(b) Male dominant.
(d) Female dominant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
3. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
4. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)