|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He follows her until she agrees to go out on a date.
(c) He dedicates a poem to her.
(d) He writes a poem about her.
2. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(b) Writing a book of their stories.
(c) Opening a school.
(d) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
3. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) White speculators.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Frank Charles.
(d) Sophie Washington.
4. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(b) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(c) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(d) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
5. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(a) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
(b) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
2. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
3. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
4. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
5. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)