|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
(b) She already feels dead inside by this time.
(d) Scary and awful.
2. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(b) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(c) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(d) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
3. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) The train station.
(b) To the local pub.
(c) Out for a walk.
(d) The telegraph office.
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(b) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Quietly among family only.
5. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Sophie makes better coffee.
(c) Sophie uses a cane.
(d) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
2. How does Wil show he is a good man?
3. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
4. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
5. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)