|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Curious about the trains engineering.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Impatiently excited.
(d) Impatient to get home again.
2. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never knew many black people.
(b) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
(c) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(d) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
3. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(b) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
(c) Undoing her plaits.
(d) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
4. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) The fact that they are property owners.
(c) Independence of men.
(d) Their womanhood.
5. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your determination to keep free.
(b) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your tenacity to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
2. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
3. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
4. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
5. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)