|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(a) Miss Leah.
2. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(b) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(c) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(d) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
3. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) Home is wherever family is.
(b) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(c) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(d) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
4. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Sophie uses a cane.
(c) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(d) Sophie makes better coffee.
5. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
(a) Mr. Lewiston.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
2. How does Wil show he is a good man?
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
4. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
5. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)