|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their womanhood.
(b) The fact that they are property owners.
(c) Independence of men.
(d) Their freedom.
2. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He disrespects her.
(b) He thinks she can be boring.
(c) He admires her.
(d) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
3. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She is a mulatto.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
4. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) Wil Parrish.
(b) The station manager.
(c) The ticket collector.
(d) Some white men from the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
2. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
3. What place does Wil miss?
4. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
5. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)