|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(b) Writing a book of their stories.
(c) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(d) Opening a school.
2. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
(a) An axe.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A shotgun.
3. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is the middle child.
(b) She is the eldest.
(c) She is an adopted child.
(d) She is the youngest.
4. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(b) He is competitive with Wil.
(c) He does not want to be there.
(d) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
5. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
2. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
3. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
4. How does Wil show he is a good man?
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)