|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
(b) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(c) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(d) Home is wherever family is.
2. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(c) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(d) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
3. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
4. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(d) Grandmother and grandchild.
5. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Sophie makes better coffee.
(c) Sophie uses a cane.
(d) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
2. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
3. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
4. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)