|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) In the town grocery.
(b) They worked on the same plantation.
(c) His father owned Frank's mother.
(d) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
2. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(b) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(c) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(d) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
3. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her shawl.
(b) Her cane.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
4. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(b) In denial.
5. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(d) Overly warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
2. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
3. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
4. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
5. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)