|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) There is still slavery.
(b) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(c) Black people get to vote.
(d) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
2. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Curious about the trains engineering.
(b) Impatient to get home again.
(c) Coquettish with Wil.
(d) Impatiently excited.
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Her sister coming home.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Fannie's birthday.
4. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(b) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(c) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(d) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
5. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(b) In poor condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
2. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
3. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
4. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)