|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(b) Quietly among family only.
(c) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(d) Openly and not hidden.
2. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(a) Overly warm.
3. Wil is raised by whom?
(a) White slaveowners.
(b) Freed slaves.
(c) Seminole Natives.
(d) His grandparents.
4. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(b) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(c) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(d) To handle Frank's father's will.
5. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(b) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(c) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
(d) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
2. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
3. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
4. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
5. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)