|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She is upset by it.
(b) She does not understand it.
(c) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(d) She supports it.
2. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Impatient to get home again.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Impatiently excited.
(d) Curious about the trains engineering.
3. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(b) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(c) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(d) He helps whomever whenever he can.
4. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
(a) Unconditionally loving.
(c) Female dominant.
(d) Male dominant.
5. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
2. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
3. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
4. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
5. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)