|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Sophie.
(b) Flowers for Miss Leah.
(c) Flowers for Minnie.
(d) Flowers for Fannie.
2. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She fell on the train.
(b) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(c) She was cutting wood.
(d) She slipped when in New Orleans.
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Her sister coming home.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Fannie's birthday.
4. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Mother and daughter.
(b) Grandmother and grandchild.
(d) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
5. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(b) Black people get to vote.
(c) There is still slavery.
(d) There are no Jim Crow laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
2. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
3. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
4. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
5. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)