|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
2. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She was cutting wood.
(b) She fell on the train.
(c) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(d) She slipped when in New Orleans.
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Fannie's birthday.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Her sister coming home.
4. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a slave.
(b) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(c) Reference to being a homesteader.
(d) Reference to being illiterate.
5. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She does not understand it.
(b) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(c) She is upset by it.
(d) She supports it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
2. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
3. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
4. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)