|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Lewiston.
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Miss Baker.
2. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
(a) She shakes his hand for a long time.
(b) She smiles warmly at him.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She gives him a bear hug.
3. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
4. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) His father owned Frank's mother.
(c) In the town grocery.
(d) They worked on the same plantation.
5. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(c) In denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. What place does Wil miss?
4. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
5. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)