|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie uses a cane.
(b) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(c) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(d) Sophie makes better coffee.
2. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
3. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He is truly good to Minnie.
(b) He helps expand Nicodemus.
(c) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(d) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Openly and not hidden.
(b) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(c) Quietly among family only.
(d) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
5. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) His father owned Frank's mother.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(d) They worked on the same plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
2. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
3. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
4. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
5. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)