|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A bruised face.
(b) A cut on her hand.
(c) A bruise on her arm.
(d) A scar.
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(c) A man.
(d) To be white.
4. What place does Wil miss?
5. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her cane.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) Her gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
2. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
3. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
4. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
5. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)