|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a homesteader.
(b) Reference to being illiterate.
(c) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(d) Reference to being a slave.
2. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
3. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A poster.
(b) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(c) Pretty stationary and pen.
(d) A sample of Frank's writings.
4. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie makes better coffee.
(b) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(c) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(d) Sophie uses a cane.
5. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He admires her.
(b) He thinks she can be boring.
(c) He disrespects her.
(d) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
2. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
3. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
4. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
5. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)