|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(b) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(c) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(d) He helps whomever whenever he can.
2. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie uses a cane.
(b) Sophie makes better coffee.
(c) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(d) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
3. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A scar.
(b) A bruised face.
(c) A bruise on her arm.
(d) A cut on her hand.
4. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) His father owned Frank's mother.
(b) They worked on the same plantation.
(c) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(d) In the town grocery.
5. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
2. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
3. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
4. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
5. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)