|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He does not want to be there.
(b) He is competitive with Wil.
(c) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(d) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
3. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) They worked on the same plantation.
(b) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(c) In the town grocery.
(d) His father owned Frank's mother.
4. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(c) A shawl.
(d) A cane.
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mulatto.
(b) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(d) She is a mestizo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
2. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
3. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
4. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
5. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)