|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(b) New Orleans.
2. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her cane.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her eyeglasses.
3. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He admires her.
(b) He thinks she can be boring.
(c) He disrespects her.
(d) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She is scared of the novelty.
(b) She is excited about the different culture.
(c) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(d) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(b) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
(c) He is truly good to Minnie.
(d) He helps expand Nicodemus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
2. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
4. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
5. What place does Wil miss?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)