|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(a) A man.
(b) To be white.
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(b) He is competitive with Wil.
(c) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(d) He does not want to be there.
3. Where is Frank originally from?
(c) New Orleans.
4. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Lewiston.
(b) Miss Baker.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
5. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Fannie.
(b) Flowers for Minnie.
(c) Flowers for Sophie.
(d) Flowers for Miss Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
2. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
3. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
4. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
5. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)