|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Impatient to get home again.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Curious about the trains engineering.
(d) Impatiently excited.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) White speculators.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Sophie Washington.
(d) Frank Charles.
3. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is an adopted child.
(b) She is the middle child.
(c) She is the youngest.
(d) She is the eldest.
4. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(b) Overly warm.
5. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(d) Grandmother and grandchild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
2. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
3. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
4. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
5. Wil is raised by whom?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)