|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(b) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
2. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Her sister coming home.
(b) Fannie's birthday.
(c) Her Birthday.
(d) An end to worrying.
3. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(b) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(c) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(d) To handle Frank's father's will.
4. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(b) She supports it.
(c) She is upset by it.
(d) She does not understand it.
5. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(a) To be white.
(b) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
2. Wil is raised by whom?
3. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
4. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
5. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)