|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A sample of Frank's writings.
(b) A poster.
(c) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(d) Pretty stationary and pen.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Sophie Washington.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Frank Charles.
(d) White speculators.
3. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is the eldest.
(b) She is an adopted child.
(c) She is the youngest.
(d) She is the middle child.
4. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(b) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(b) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(c) Home is wherever family is.
(d) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
2. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
3. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
4. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
5. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)