|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(c) In poor condition.
2. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(b) Sophie uses a cane.
(c) Sophie makes better coffee.
(d) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
3. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She is upset by it.
(b) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(c) She does not understand it.
(d) She supports it.
4. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(b) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(c) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(d) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
5. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Writing a book of their stories.
(b) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(c) Opening a school.
(d) Negotiable prices for speculators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
2. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
3. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
4. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
5. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)