|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) White speculators.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Sophie Washington.
(d) Frank Charles.
3. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She is upset by it.
(b) She does not understand it.
(c) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(d) She supports it.
4. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She sends him flowers.
(c) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
(d) She bakes him a pie.
5. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Curious about the trains engineering.
(b) Coquettish with Wil.
(c) Impatient to get home again.
(d) Impatiently excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
3. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
4. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
5. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)