|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(a) Overly warm.
2. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A poster.
(b) A sample of Frank's writings.
(c) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(d) Pretty stationary and pen.
3. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(c) To be white.
(d) A man.
4. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Leah.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Baker.
(d) Miss Lewiston.
5. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He does not want to be there.
(b) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(c) He is competitive with Wil.
(d) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
2. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
3. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
4. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
5. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)