|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) An end to worrying.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) Her sister coming home.
(d) Fannie's birthday.
2. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her cane.
(c) Her shawl.
(d) Her gloves.
3. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Writing a book of their stories.
(b) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(c) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(d) Opening a school.
4. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(b) Mother and daughter.
(c) Grandmother and grandchild.
5. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(b) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(c) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(d) To handle Frank's father's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
2. Who comes to help Fannie and Sophie pick up Minnie and Frank?
3. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
4. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
5. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)