|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
(c) She sends him flowers.
(d) She bakes him a pie.
2. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(a) To be white.
(d) A man.
3. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(b) In poor condition.
4. What place does Wil miss?
5. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She is upset by it.
(b) She does not understand it.
(c) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(d) She supports it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
2. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
3. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
4. Wil is raised by whom?
5. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)