|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
(a) Resting in the bedroom.
(b) In town.
(c) Out for a walk.
(d) At church.
2. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "picanniny."
(b) A "monkey."
(c) A "nigger."
(d) An "animal."
3. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
(b) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(c) They are both nervously startled.
(d) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
4. When excites Frank when Minnie receives her gift?
(a) He knows how much the land is worth.
(b) Hs is excited as long as she is excited.
(c) He is excited to see Minnie wearing more than her country dresses.
(d) He is happy to return back to London soon.
5. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(b) Disappointed in the town.
(c) Disappointed in herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do while in town?
2. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
3. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
4. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
5. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)