|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(b) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) She is a mulatto.
(d) She is a mestizo.
2. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
(d) In denial.
3. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your tenacity to survive.
(b) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your determination to keep free.
4. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Braid it.
(b) Straighten it.
(c) Cut it real short.
(d) Grow it long.
5. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie show Minnie when Fannie goes to bed?
2. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
3. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
4. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
5. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)