|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part white.
(b) He looks white.
(c) He is part Native American.
(d) He is part black.
2. Why does Frank make Sophie nervous?
(a) She believes he hates colored people.
(b) Frank always carries a shotgun with him.
(c) His city lifestyle is discomforting to her.
(d) Frank drinks too much.
3. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(d) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
4. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
(b) Sophie uses a cane.
(c) Sophie makes better coffee.
(d) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
5. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
(a) Disappointed in the town.
(d) Disappointed in herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
2. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
3. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
4. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)