|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Opening a school.
(b) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(c) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(d) Writing a book of their stories.
2. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
(a) Take Minnie away to some place safe.
(b) Murder Frank.
(c) Lure Frank back to the house.
(d) Guard the house and not let Frank in.
3. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
(a) They clasp each other's hands in fear of what Sophie will say or do.
(b) They are both nervously startled.
(c) Frank is happy for the opportunity to apologize to Sophie while Minnie smiles on.
(d) Minnie is excited and runs to hug her while Frank waits.
4. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
(a) James cannot shower them with enough attention.
(b) James gives them some slack because he likes Miss Leah.
(c) James feels awkard as the only mulatto in the family.
(d) James looks at Miss Leah's children as commodity.
5. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(b) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(c) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's attitude when Fannie sees Frank on his way out?
2. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
3. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
4. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
5. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)