|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(b) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(c) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(d) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
2. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(c) Miss Leah.
3. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her parents were never married.
(b) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
(c) Her father was abusive to her mother.
(d) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
4. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) The station manager.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) The ticket collector.
(d) Some white men from the train.
5. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
(a) Sophie is planning something sneaky to swing the vote.
(b) Sophie is avoiding Frank.
(c) Sophie is avoiding Minnie.
(d) Sophie is working on the speculators as much as her speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
3. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
4. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
5. How does Fannie show Frank a warm welcome?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)