|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(b) He is truly good to Minnie.
(c) He helps expand Nicodemus.
(d) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
2. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He absolutely adores it.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
(d) He thinks it fits her well.
3. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) To the local pub.
(b) The telegraph office.
(c) The train station.
(d) Out for a walk.
4. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) When James dies.
(b) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
(c) When all her children dies.
(d) As soon as she is freed.
5. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
(a) He never knew many black people.
(b) He never had that community feeling to miss it.
(c) He regrets treating slaves badly when he was younger.
(d) He is mistreated by blacks wherever he goes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
2. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
3. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
4. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
5. Frank's tone can be assumed as __________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)