|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
(b) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(c) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
(d) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
2. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) The white men from the train.
(c) A courier.
(d) Wil Parrish.
3. What do white folks call Nicodemus?
(a) "Black death."
4. How does Minnie explain her injury?
(a) She was cutting wood.
(b) She was dancing and fell in the street.
(c) She fell on the train.
(d) She slipped when in New Orleans.
5. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
(b) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(c) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(d) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
2. What does Fannie entice Frank with to get him to stay and talk?
3. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
4. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
5. Where is Minnie while Fannie and Miss Leah prepares dinner and Frank speaks with Sophie in the yard?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)