|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Minnie and her family know what Frank's situation is in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sophie demands Frank explain his behavior.
(b) Wil tells them what he has heard in town.
(c) Frank yells it aloud in anger.
(d) Fannie reads the telegram aloud.
2. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Work it out with Frank.
(b) Leave Frank.
(c) Seek revenge against Frank.
(d) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
3. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
(b) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
(c) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(d) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
4. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(b) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(c) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
(d) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
5. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a slave.
(b) Reference to being a homesteader.
(c) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(d) Reference to being illiterate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
2. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
3. Why does Frank think Minnie brings no luck?
4. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)