|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
(a) The way they look.
(b) The natural comraderie.
(c) Their strength in surviving anything.
(d) Their songs and stories.
2. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
(a) Frank has too many enemies back in London.
(b) Frank needs to argue with his brothers for more money.
(c) Minnie wants to stay close to home.
(d) Absolutely no money to buy him a passage ticket back.
3. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To buy them more land.
(b) To beat up Frank.
(c) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(d) To kill Frank.
4. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(b) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(c) She is a mulatto.
(d) She is a mestizo.
5. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
3. Where did Sophie and Fannie come from before arriving in Nicodemus, Kansas?
4. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
5. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)