|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(b) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(c) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(d) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
2. What does Sophie do that comforts Minnie in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) She refuses the deed Minnie hands over.
(b) She lays a blanket over Frank so Minnie will stop her unconscious stare.
(c) She is the first to hug Minnie as she cries.
(d) Brings everyone together for a group hug.
3. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(b) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(c) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
(d) His assets and paternity is denied.
4. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(c) New Orleans.
5. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
(a) Miss Leah's previous slave owner.
(b) Miss Leah's late husband.
(c) Miss Leah's overseer.
(d) Miss Leah's first child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
2. What is Frank's demeanor as he is invited into the house by Fannie?
3. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Fannie offer Frank in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)