|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She invites him to dinner.
(b) She bakes him a pie.
(c) She sends him flowers.
(d) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
2. Who does Frank say colored people always put in charge?
(a) The lightest of the bunch.
(b) An outsider with a fresh view like his.
(c) A man.
(d) An educated man such as himself.
3. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(b) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(c) Opening a school.
(d) Writing a book of their stories.
4. What alternative does Frank think can also hurt Sophie?
(a) Stay and compete with her to be the leader of the town.
(b) Burn her fields.
(c) Never letting Sophie see Minnie's baby.
(d) Getting Fannie to be on his side too.
5. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Baker.
(b) Miss Lewiston.
(c) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie's mood before she encounters Frank in the yard?
2. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
3. What news does Frank flaunt to make Sophie angry?
4. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
5. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)