|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fannie's reaction when she sees Minnie struggle into the main room in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She cries and hugs Minnie.
(b) She calls for Sophie.
(c) She runs to find the people that hurt Minnie.
(d) She curses Frank.
2. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) They worked on the same plantation.
(b) His father owned Frank's mother.
(c) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(d) In the town grocery.
3. Why does Frank return to the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) He thinks Minnie is preparing to leave with him.
(b) He wants to see Minnie again.
(c) He wants to boast his successes to Sophie.
(d) He expects Fannie to go to the land office with him.
4. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(b) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(c) He is competitive with Wil.
(d) He does not want to be there.
5. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(b) It is her own fault.
(c) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(d) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
2. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
3. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
4. What news does Minnie yell to stop Sophie from hurting Frank?
5. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)