|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
(a) She tells him Nicodemus will be a paradise for black folks.
(b) She asks him doesn't he think the baby should be the first priority.
(c) She tells him Sophie forgives him.
(d) She comforts him by saying as long as they have each other, life is fine.
2. What is Frank's reaction to Fannie's offer?
(a) He does not agree but is willing to talk and compromise.
(b) So long as he gets his money, he is happy.
(c) He is appalled by Fannie's boldness.
(d) He wants some time to consider it.
3. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(b) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(c) To handle Frank's father's will.
(d) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
4. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Work it out with Frank.
(b) Leave Frank.
(c) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(d) Seek revenge against Frank.
5. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
(a) Buy the land back so he can leave.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Let him sell Minnie's land and leave as long as Minnie stays.
(d) Shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
2. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
3. What is Frank nervous about as his stay is prolonged?
4. How does Frank win Minnie over when they first meet?
5. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)