|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Undoing her plaits.
(b) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(c) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(d) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
2. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(b) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(c) Because they still love them.
(d) It is dishonorable.
3. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To beat up Frank.
(b) To buy them more land.
(c) To kill Frank.
(d) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
4. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Straighten it.
(b) Braid it.
(c) Grow it long.
(d) Cut it real short.
5. Where are Sophie and Wil when Frank comes by the house in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Hiding outside.
(b) Talking to potential speculators.
(c) Waiting in the bedroom.
(d) Waiting behind the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank going in Act 2, Scene 3 when he encounters Fannie and Miss Leah?
2. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
3. About a week after Frank's physical outburst, Act 2, Scene 2 opens up with everyone getting ready to go where?
4. What surprises Fannie when Frank says he is going to run errands?
5. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)