|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A bruised face.
(b) A cut on her hand.
(c) A scar.
(d) A bruise on her arm.
2. Where is Frank originally from?
(c) New Orleans.
3. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
(a) Home is wherever he and Minnie are together.
(b) Home is wherever family is.
(c) It is in London, not Nicodemus.
(d) It is always in New Orleans and nowhere else.
4. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) There is still slavery.
(b) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(c) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(d) Black people get to vote.
5. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
2. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
3. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
4. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
5. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)