|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) Some white men from the train.
(b) The ticket collector.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) The station manager.
2. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(b) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
(c) She is excited about the different culture.
(d) She is scared of the novelty.
3. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(b) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
4. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
(a) Giving Frank a kiss goodbye as he leaves for town.
(b) Timidly rocking back and forth on the porch.
(c) Sewing happily with Miss Leah.
(d) Undoing her plaits.
5. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(d) Overly warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
2. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
3. Why is it difficult for Frank to miss colored people?
4. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
5. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)