|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(b) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(c) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(d) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
2. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Minnie.
(b) Flowers for Miss Leah.
(c) Flowers for Sophie.
(d) Flowers for Fannie.
3. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) Black people get to vote.
(b) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(c) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(d) There is still slavery.
4. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Care for Miss Leah.
(c) Have children.
(d) Care for the farm.
5. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
(a) Miss Baker.
(b) Miss Leah.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) Miss Lewiston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
2. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
3. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
4. Where is Frank originally from?
5. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)