|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Leah stay with Sophie and Fannie rather than in her own home?
(a) Miss Leah is in marital trouble.
(b) Miss Leah is older and needs the younger women's help.
(c) Miss Leah's home is not equipped for winter.
(d) Miss Leah's home is being sold.
2. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
(b) In poor condition.
3. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
(a) Fannie's birthday.
(b) Her Birthday.
(c) An end to worrying.
(d) Her sister coming home.
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(b) Quietly among family only.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
5. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being illiterate.
(b) Reference to being a slave.
(c) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(d) Reference to being a homesteader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
2. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
3. How old is Frank when he first travels to Europe?
4. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
5. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)