|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part black.
(b) He looks white.
(c) He is part Native American.
(d) He is part white.
2. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She has no feelings toward the man.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(d) She loves him more than anything else.
3. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(b) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
(c) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(d) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
4. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(b) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(c) There is still slavery.
(d) Black people get to vote.
5. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a slave.
(b) Reference to being illiterate.
(c) Reference to being a homesteader.
(d) Reference to being a wild Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
2. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
3. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
4. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
5. How does Minnie explain her injury?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)