|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her cane.
(d) Her shawl.
2. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
(a) An animal.
(b) A nigger.
(c) A picaninny.
(d) A monkey.
3. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
(a) Their songs and stories.
(b) The way they look.
(c) The natural comraderie.
(d) Their strength in surviving anything.
4. Out of all the sisters, what does Miss Leah count on Minnie doing?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Have children.
(c) Care for Miss Leah.
(d) Care for the farm.
5. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
4. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
5. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)