|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
(b) A chicken.
(c) An axe.
(d) A shotgun.
2. What is Miss Leah looking for but refuses to let Sophie tell her where it is?
(a) Her eyeglasses.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her gloves.
(d) Her cane.
3. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part Native American.
(b) He looks white.
(c) He is part white.
(d) He is part black.
4. Wil Parrish can be described as _________.
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(b) He helps expand Nicodemus.
(c) He is truly good to Minnie.
(d) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
2. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
3. How does Wil show he is a good man?
4. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
5. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)