|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
2. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(b) Quietly among family only.
(c) Openly and not hidden.
(d) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
3. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(b) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(c) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(d) To handle Frank's father's will.
4. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
(b) A homely dress.
5. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Curious about the trains engineering.
(b) Impatient to get home again.
(c) Impatiently excited.
(d) Coquettish with Wil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
4. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
5. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)