|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) The ticket collector.
(b) Some white men from the train.
(c) The station manager.
(d) Wil Parrish.
2. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
(a) He absolutely adores it.
(b) He thinks it fits her well.
(c) He likes her old hair better but figures it will still do.
(d) He hates it.
3. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(b) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(c) Mother and daughter.
(d) Grandmother and grandchild.
4. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He helps expand Nicodemus.
(b) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(c) He is truly good to Minnie.
(d) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
5. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
(a) Sophie uses a cane.
(b) Fannie is described as wearing girlish clothing.
(c) Sophie makes better coffee.
(d) Fannie often defers to what Sophie says.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
2. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
3. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
4. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
5. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)