|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your determination to keep free.
(b) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your tenacity to survive.
2. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To handle Frank's father's will.
(b) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
(c) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(d) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
3. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(a) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
(b) The weather.
4. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(b) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(c) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(d) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
5. What is Sophie's attitude toward Frank when they first meet?
(d) Overly warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
2. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
3. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
4. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
5. Miss Leah is _________ in regards to her old age.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)