|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
(a) Miss Lewiston will not be able to lend her wagon to Sophie.
(b) Miss Lewiston cannot come to help care for Miss Leah.
(c) Miss Baker just gave birth to a healthy child.
(d) Miss Lewiston will not be able to teach school in the spring.
2. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A cut on her hand.
(b) A bruise on her arm.
(c) A scar.
(d) A bruised face.
3. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(b) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(c) He is competitive with Wil.
(d) He does not want to be there.
4. Wil is raised by whom?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) White slaveowners.
(c) Seminole Natives.
(d) Freed slaves.
5. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) A sample of Frank's writings.
(b) A poster.
(c) Pretty stationary and pen.
(d) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
4. What does Frank think of Minnie's hair after Miss Leah fixes it up?
5. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)