|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(b) Your tenacity to survive.
(c) Your strength.
(d) Your determination to keep free.
2. What does Minnie miss about colored people?
(a) Their strength in surviving anything.
(b) The natural comraderie.
(c) The way they look.
(d) Their songs and stories.
3. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Impatient to get home again.
(b) Curious about the trains engineering.
(c) Coquettish with Wil.
(d) Impatiently excited.
4. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) To the local pub.
(b) The telegraph office.
(c) Out for a walk.
(d) The train station.
5. According to Sophie, a homesteader needs _________ to survive.
(c) To be white.
(d) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
2. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
3. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
4. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
5. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)