|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Sophie and Miss Leah?
(a) Grandmother and grandchild.
(c) Mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.
(d) Mother and daughter.
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mulatto.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
3. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(b) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(c) Opening a school.
(d) Writing a book of their stories.
4. What are Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) He admires her.
(b) He dislikes the way she handles home life.
(c) He thinks she can be boring.
(d) He disrespects her.
5. Where does Fannie's sister Minnie currently live?
(b) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie carry with her on her way back from grocery shopping in town?
2. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
3. How can the reader tell Sophie is older than Fannie?
4. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
5. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)