|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank give Fannie as a gift?
(a) Pretty stationary and pen.
(b) A sample of Frank's writings.
(c) An autographed book of Dunbar poetry.
(d) A poster.
2. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(c) The weather.
(d) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
3. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(b) Reference to being illiterate.
(c) Reference to being a slave.
(d) Reference to being a homesteader.
4. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
(b) A cane.
(d) A shawl.
5. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) The station manager.
(b) The ticket collector.
(c) Some white men from the train.
(d) Wil Parrish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Sophie get from Miss Lewiston?
2. What is Minnie doing when Act I, Scene IV ends?
3. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
4. What does Frank call Minnie once they are alone?
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)