|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
2. Who is the last to get out of bed the day after Minnie arrives?
(d) Miss Leah.
3. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
(a) This allows her to not work on the plantation.
(b) It is the only form of love she knows.
(c) She is raped by the slave owner.
(d) Her slave owner makes her.
4. What is Fannie's manner at the train station?
(a) Coquettish with Wil.
(b) Curious about the trains engineering.
(c) Impatient to get home again.
(d) Impatiently excited.
5. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) His father owned Frank's mother.
(d) They worked on the same plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
2. What does Miss Leah refuse to use despite her obvious need?
3. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
4. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
5. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)