|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(a) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
(d) The weather.
2. Who is interested in the Bakers' land?
(a) Frank Charles.
(b) Sophie Washington.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) White speculators.
3. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Miss Leah.
(b) Flowers for Sophie.
(c) Flowers for Fannie.
(d) Flowers for Minnie.
4. What is Fannie working on with Miss Leah and others in Nicodemus?
(a) Writing a book of their stories.
(b) Negotiable prices for speculators.
(c) Plans to expand Nicodemus.
(d) Opening a school.
5. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your determination to keep free.
(b) Your tenacity to survive.
(c) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(d) Your strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie wear upon arrival that indicates her lifestyle away from Kansas?
2. What is Sophie celebrating when Miss Leah enters her home?
3. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
4. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
5. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)