|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(b) Black people get to vote.
(c) There are no Jim Crow laws.
(d) There is still slavery.
2. What does Minnie want to do with her hair?
(a) Grow it long.
(b) Straighten it.
(c) Cut it real short.
(d) Braid it.
3. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
(a) To handle Minnie's share of property.
(b) Solely to visit Sophie and Fannie.
(c) To handle Frank's father's will.
(d) To visit Miss Leah before she passes on.
4. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
(a) Going to town to find Frank.
(b) Chopping wood.
(c) Checking on the horses.
5. Why does Miss Leah begin to have children so early?
(a) It is the only form of love she knows.
(b) This allows her to not work on the plantation.
(c) She is raped by the slave owner.
(d) Her slave owner makes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
2. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
3. What does Miss Leah insinuate when she says Sophie is out all week not to swing votes but for other reasons?
4. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
5. What happens when Sophie and Fannie walk in on Minnie and Frank?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)