|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) They worked on the same plantation.
(b) His father owned Frank's mother.
(c) In the town grocery.
(d) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
2. Where does Frank go to in Act 1, Scene IV?
(a) To the local pub.
(b) Out for a walk.
(c) The telegraph office.
(d) The train station.
3. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She sends him flowers.
(b) She invites him to dinner.
(c) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
(d) She bakes him a pie.
4. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(b) Your determination to keep free.
(c) Your tenacity to survive.
(d) Your strength.
5. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(b) To open up a school.
(c) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(d) To learn how to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
2. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
3. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
5. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)