|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Quietly among family only.
(b) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(c) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(d) Openly and not hidden.
2. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(b) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
(c) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(d) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
3. What does Miss Leah think of James, the father of her children?
(a) She has no feelings toward the man.
(b) She could have loved him if it was her choice.
(c) She loves him more than anything else.
(d) She despises him.
4. What does Frank do while in town?
(a) Gives a poetry reading.
(c) Picks up a white woman.
(d) Picks up flowers and candies for Minnie.
5. Who comes by with a telegram for Frank?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) The white men from the train.
(d) A courier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
2. Why are Minnie and Frank visiting the U.S.?
3. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
4. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
5. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)