|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Miss Leah when she has her first child?
2. What do the men Frank meets from the train and town call Minnie?
(a) A "picanniny."
(b) An "animal."
(c) A "monkey."
(d) A "nigger."
3. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
(a) The white men from the train offer him a job.
(b) Minnie's support to head back to New Orleans to handle his issues.
(c) Knowing Minnie has land that is worth a lot of money.
(d) Knowing he has a place to stay in the meantime.
4. Frank threatens to do what to Minnie in Act 2, scene 2?
(a) Kill her and her family.
(b) Bring her to town and sell her off.
(c) Purposefully cause a miscarriage.
(d) Leave her in Kansas.
5. What news does Frank receive from his telegram?
(a) His assets and paternity is denied.
(b) People he owes money to in London have found him.
(c) His brothers want Frank to provide proof that he is really their father's son.
(d) He will receive just 1% of his father's assets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie, Fannie, and Minnie's relationship is _________.
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. What about Frank is Minnie proud of?
4. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
5. What is in Frank's hand when he finally arrives back home?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)