|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Miss Leah, Kansas's winter teaches you what?
(a) Your tenacity to survive.
(b) Your determination to keep free.
(c) There's nothing to hide behind between you and your soul.
(d) Your strength.
2. What does Frank do with Minnie before she meets his friends?
(a) Tells her how to act.
(b) Tells her he loves her.
(c) Gives her a fashion makeover.
(d) Proposes to her.
3. Where among the sisters does Minnie fit?
(a) She is the middle child.
(b) She is the eldest.
(c) She is the youngest.
(d) She is an adopted child.
4. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(b) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(c) To learn how to read.
(d) To open up a school.
5. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(b) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(c) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(d) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Minnie's ignorance of what Frank cares about in life?
2. What finally calms Frank down after reading the telegram?
3. What stops Frank and Minnie from returning to their old life in London?
4. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)