|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie show her appreciation to Wil for fixing her fence?
(a) She bakes him a pie.
(b) She sends him flowers.
(c) She invites him to dinner.
(d) She sends Fannie to tell him thank you.
2. What is Sophie trying to convince the Negroes of Nicodemus?
(a) To sell their land to speculators for a certain price.
(b) To learn how to read.
(c) Not to sell their land to speculators.
(d) To open up a school.
3. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(b) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(c) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(d) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
4. What does Sophie think about Wil's feelings toward Fannie?
(a) She supports it.
(b) It doesn't bother her as long as no one is hurt.
(c) She is upset by it.
(d) She does not understand it.
5. Why are Fannie, Sophie, and Minnie staying up so late at night?
(a) They are discussing the expansion plans of Nicodemus.
(b) They are waiting for Frank to come home.
(c) They are preparing for their ritual.
(d) They are waiting to hear from Wil Parrish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank adamant about in regard to home?
2. What is Minnie and Frank's reaction when they see Sophie in the kitchen?
3. What is it like for Miss Leah the first time she has sex?
4. Upon her entrance, it is apparent Minnie is __________.
5. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)