|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Miss Leah about Minnie's life abroad?
(a) The education system is not segregated between blacks and whites.
(b) Black people get to vote.
(c) There is still slavery.
(d) There are no Jim Crow laws.
2. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
(a) The station manager.
(b) Some white men from the train.
(c) Wil Parrish.
(d) The ticket collector.
3. What is Frank's attitude from the start?
(a) He is nervous about Sophie and Fannie's opinion of him.
(b) He is excited to meet Minnie's family.
(c) He does not want to be there.
(d) He is competitive with Wil.
4. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
(a) Male dominant.
(c) Unconditionally loving.
(d) Female dominant.
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(b) She is a mulatto.
(c) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(d) She is a mestizo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sophie when Frank first enters home from town and sees Minnie?
2. What does Fannie include in her drawings of Nicodemus?
3. When is the first thing Frank does when he reads the telegram?
4. Who is at home waiting to see Minnie?
5. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)