|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank hate about the U.S.?
(b) The weather.
(c) The lack of appreciation for poetry.
2. What does Frank fear most in his life since receiving the telegram?
(b) Becoming an ordinary colored person.
(c) Being killed.
(d) Minnie leaving him.
3. What rule does Sophie want to pass in Nicodemus?
(a) Those who sell their land must tell the rest of the town whom they are selling to.
(b) That everyone has the freedom to privately sell their land whenever and to whomever.
(c) That everyone must attend literacy courses.
(d) That no one can sell their land unless there is a town vote.
4. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(b) He is truly good to Minnie.
(c) He helps expand Nicodemus.
(d) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
5. What does Fannie want from Sophie in regard to Minnie's happiness?
(a) Help to convince Minnie to leave Frank.
(b) For Sophie to apologize to Minnie for her behavior.
(c) Help to convince Frank to leave town without Minnie.
(d) For Sophie to forgive Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Minnie refuses to do what for Frank?
2. Minnie and Frank's relationship can be described as __________.
3. What does Frank learn while he is in town?
4. What do the sister's give Minnie for her 21st birthday?
5. Who does Frank stop to talk to before he greets Minnie's sisters?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)