|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(b) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) Frank's approval of her behavior.
2. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) It is just a phase.
(d) He will never change.
3. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
(a) Talk with Sophie about it because she knows best.
(b) Leave Frank.
(c) Seek revenge against Frank.
(d) Work it out with Frank.
4. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A bruised face.
(b) A cut on her hand.
(c) A scar.
(d) A bruise on her arm.
5. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(b) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(c) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(d) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
2. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
3. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
4. Miss Leah tells stories to Minnie and mentions a man named James. Who is James to Miss Leah?
5. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)