|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
(b) Frank's approval of her behavior.
(c) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(d) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
2. What does Wil think of bad memories?
(a) They make the good ones sweeter.
(b) He can do without them.
(c) His life would be empty if he did not have any bad memories.
(d) There are too many too count for a black man.
3. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(b) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
(c) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
(d) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
4. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
(b) Wil Parrish.
(d) Miss Leah.
5. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) Their freedom.
(b) The fact that they are property owners.
(c) Their womanhood.
(d) Independence of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
2. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
3. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
4. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What plan does Miss Leah have for Frank?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)