|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
(a) They are kidnapped and lynched.
(b) They die from illnesses on the way out west.
(c) They all die from fever.
(d) They are killed by natives when they move out west.
2. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Sophie.
(b) Flowers for Minnie.
(c) Flowers for Fannie.
(d) Flowers for Miss Leah.
3. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(b) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(c) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(d) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
4. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(b) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(c) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(d) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
5. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
(a) Skulking in the yard.
(b) In town drinking and gambling.
(c) In town checking for telegrams.
(d) Listening in by the window from outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
2. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
3. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
4. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
5. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)