|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank is __________ about being called a colored poet.
2. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
(b) A comfortable bed.
(d) Herbal tea.
3. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
(a) Miss Leah.
(d) Wil Parrish.
4. How does Minnie first react to moving abroad?
(a) She is excited about the different culture.
(b) She does not care as long as she is with Frank.
(c) She is scared of the novelty.
(d) She focuses on her work more than her surroundings.
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mulatto.
(b) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(c) She is a mestizo.
(d) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
3. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
4. In the family, Fannie can be considered __________.
5. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)