|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(b) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
(c) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
(d) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
2. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
(a) Reference to being illiterate.
(b) Reference to being a homesteader.
(c) Reference to being a wild Indian.
(d) Reference to being a slave.
3. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(b) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(c) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(d) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
4. When does Miss Leah go west?
(a) When James dies.
(b) As soon as she is freed.
(c) The day the Homestead Act is enacted.
(d) When all her children dies.
5. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A scar.
(b) A bruised face.
(c) A cut on her hand.
(d) A bruise on her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
2. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Miss Leah prepare Minnie to help her calm her nerves?
4. According to MInnie, what event causes Frank to escalate his hate for black people?
5. How does Minnie explain her injury?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)