|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(b) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
(c) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(d) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
2. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He is truly good to Minnie.
(b) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
(c) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(d) He helps expand Nicodemus.
3. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(b) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(c) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
(d) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
4. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
(a) Frank needs to learn a lesson.
(b) Minnie can work it out if she becomes a better wife.
(c) He will never change.
(d) It is just a phase.
5. What does Minnie compare the beginnings of her life with Frank to?
(a) A whole new dimension.
(b) A celebrity's life.
(c) Every woman's dream.
(d) A fairy tale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Frank as Minnie speaks with her sisters about what to do about Frank?
2. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
3. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
4. What does Frank mention that offends Wil?
5. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)