|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) The fact that they are property owners.
(b) Their womanhood.
(c) Their freedom.
(d) Independence of men.
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To buy them more land.
(b) To beat up Frank.
(c) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
(d) To kill Frank.
3. What excuse does Minnie give to justify forgiveness for Frank's behavior?
(a) Frank is going through hard times at the moment.
(b) Frank really loves and cares for her.
(c) Minnie wants to go back to London.
(d) It is her own fault.
4. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) They worked on the same plantation.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(d) His father owned Frank's mother.
5. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Miss Leah share with Minnie about James's feelings toward her children?
3. Which character in Act II Scene IV carries a shotgun at the front porch?
4. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
5. What does Wil think of bad memories?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)