|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fannie prefer Minnie deal with her injury?
(a) Fannie prefers to not talk about it at all.
(b) Quietly among family only.
(c) Fannie thinks Minnie should talk about it only to Frank.
(d) Openly and not hidden.
2. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
(a) Minnie tells Sophie she thinks she is so high and mighty when she is not.
(b) Miss Leah tells Sophie this is one time she should learn to shut her trap.
(c) Fannie tells Sophie she is too harsh of a woman.
(d) Minnie tells Sophie she doesn't know what love is.
3. What does Wil bring when he arrives to dinner?
(a) Flowers for Minnie.
(b) Flowers for Fannie.
(c) Flowers for Miss Leah.
(d) Flowers for Sophie.
4. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
(b) Her father was abusive to her mother.
(c) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
(d) Her parents were never married.
5. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mestizo.
(b) She is a mulatto.
(c) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
2. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
3. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
4. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
5. What shows Frank's personal rivalry with Sophie in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)