|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to Fannie, what does Minnie say she wants from Frank?
(a) Frank's approval of her behavior.
(b) For their marriage to return to what it was like in the begining.
(c) For her to be accepted by Frank's family.
(d) For Frank to like Nicodemus, Kansas.
2. How did Frank's father meet his mother?
(a) Frank's mother kept house for Frank's grandfather.
(b) In the town grocery.
(c) They worked on the same plantation.
(d) His father owned Frank's mother.
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) What they should do to stop Sophie from going too far.
(b) Where Sophie is.
(c) What they should do about Frank.
(d) Where Frank is.
4. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
(a) The fact that they are property owners.
(b) Independence of men.
(c) Their freedom.
(d) Their womanhood.
5. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(b) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
(c) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(d) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
2. Who is the only one to not say goodnight to Miss Leah?
3. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
4. What is Minnie's reactions when she first sees Frank again after her talk with Fannie?
5. What is Minnie most concerned about the day after Frank pushes her in front of her sisters?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)