|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
(a) Enough babies have been taken and Minnie must not lose hers.
(b) Minnie will probably have complications but to try her best.
(c) Pregnancy is important but Minnie's safety is the first priority.
(d) If Minnie wants to stay healthy for the baby, she should leave Frank.
2. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
(a) He is part black.
(b) He is part Native American.
(c) He is part white.
(d) He looks white.
3. How does Wil show he is a good man?
(a) He helps whomever whenever he can.
(b) He stands up to Frank when he says disrespectful things to the women.
(c) He carries a shotgun and watches over the women's safety.
(d) He is the only one to help Miss Leah walk without a cane.
4. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She is a mulatto.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
5. Who seems the most upset at Frank for his violent behavior?
(b) Wil Parrish.
(c) Miss Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah think of Frank's violent behavior?
2. How does Minnie explain her injury?
3. What does Miss Leah ask when she joins Fannie and Wil in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does the sisters' ritual celebrate?
5. What hurts Sophie's feelings enough to stop her from advising Minnie?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)