|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(b) She is a mulatto.
(c) She is a mestizo.
(d) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
2. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
(a) To beat up Frank.
(b) To kill Frank.
(c) To buy them more land.
(d) To share his land with Fannie and her sisters.
3. According to Minnie's mother, why don't some black women leave their husbands when they are abusive?
(a) If the man is good to the children, the mother will sacrifice herself.
(b) It is dishonorable.
(c) They have to deal with the white folks first.
(d) Because they still love them.
4. What does Minnie reveal about Frank's current situation in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Frank just found out his father is not his real father.
(b) Frank is not getting work as a poet.
(c) His family has disowned him now that his father is dead.
(d) Frank owes money from gambling in London.
5. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
(a) She was able to find two of her sold children after she was freed.
(b) She never gave successful birth while a slave and paid for it.
(c) She gave birth to ten that were sold and five while free.
(d) All her children are the little ones she worked next to on the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Leah tell Minnie about her pregnancy?
2. Frank can be considered what about prairie life?
3. What does Wil think of bad memories?
4. What troubles Frank about his racial history?
5. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)