|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophie will accept Frank as long as __________.
(a) He is truly good to Minnie.
(b) He pays for Minnie's share of property.
(c) He accepts prairie life as equal to city life.
(d) He helps expand Nicodemus.
2. What does Minnie say that shows some doubt about her forgiveness for Frank?
(a) She remarks that she "used to love him so much."
(b) She states she "doesn't know how much more anger she can take from him."
(c) She says she sees "Fannie so much happier with a man like Wil."
(d) She responds to Fannie that she's "felt greater love before."
3. What does the reader discover about Sophie's past?
(a) She came from a well-respected and educated family.
(b) She is a mestizo.
(c) She was part of the Underground Railroad.
(d) She is a mulatto.
4. What image in the mirror occupies Minnie as she prepares to get ready for dinner?
(a) A cut on her hand.
(b) A bruise on her arm.
(c) A bruised face.
(d) A scar.
5. What does Minnie find out about her own parents?
(a) Her parents were never married.
(b) Her parents used to hit Fannie.
(c) Her father used to abuse Sophie.
(d) Her father was abusive to her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Miss Leah's children after she is free?
2. When Sophie arrives, what does she want Wil to do?
3. What does Fannie pressure Minnie to do regarding Frank?
4. What does Miss Leah share about her past concerning her children?
5. What does Wil offer Fannie as they talk on the porch?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)