Act 1, Scene 1
* The setting is in Nicodemus, Kansas, an all-black community.
* Miss Leah and her daughter Sophie discuss how the black community of Nicodemus needs to stay strong and together. Another sister, Fannie, is outside with friend Wil.
* The audience learns Sophie and Fannie came from Memphis.
* Sophie and Fannie talk about Minnie, their little sister who lives in London with her husband Frank, a mulatto.
Act 1, Scene 2
* Sophie, Fannie, and Wil are at the train station waiting for Minnie and Frank to arrive.
* Minnie and Frank arrive in expensive fashionable clothing.
* Frank shows disdain for prairie life and touts city life in London.
* Frank also shows little regard for Minnie's family, holding himself to be superior.
Act 1, Scene 3
* Back at the house, Minnie and Frank are in their room where Minnie is trying to cover up a bruised face with her hat.
* When Minnie enters the main...
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)