|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bush at a critical stage of his recovery?
(a) The ligatures of arteries still extend beyond the wound and the stump has yet to heal over.
(b) He is psychologically hoping for death.
(c) His stump is still bleeding.
(d) He has not been wounded very long.
2. What is Marie's background?
(a) English farmer.
(b) Italian peasant.
(c) French middle class.
(d) French peasant.
3. How does Hornblower try to save Bush from execution?
(a) By giving the interviewer false information.
(b) Says Bush was under orders.
(c) By bribing the guards to get him away.
(d) By writing Napoleon.
4. What do the men encounter downriver?
(a) A patrol of ten French soldiers.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) One of the English spies that is following them.
(d) A patrol of ten mercenaries.
5. What does Hornblower observe about Marie's build?
(a) She is stout.
(b) She is quite heavy.
(c) She has a very fetching figure.
(d) She is slender like a young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Innkeeper do after the men are loaded into the coach?
2. As a final act of compassion, what does the Spanish warden give Hornblower?
3. How does Caillard respond?
4. What comes easy to Brown?
5. Where does Brown stay when Bush is sent off to bed?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)