|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Hornblower figure the voyage will take?
(a) 5-12 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) A month and a half.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Who does the Count introduce?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter-in-law.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His mother.
3. What rank are Bush and Brown?
(a) First and second mate.
(b) First mate and Steward.
(c) A First Lieutenant and Coxswain.
(d) Both midshipmen.
4. What does Hornblower observe about Marie's build?
(a) She is slender like a young woman.
(b) She has a very fetching figure.
(c) She is stout.
(d) She is quite heavy.
5. Why is Hornblower self-conscious?
(a) Preparing for bed in the presence of other men.
(b) The deep wound and scarring from a sword cut in the last battle.
(c) The burn on his face.
(d) His men's deference.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what does Hornblower marvel?
2. What is the atmosphere in France because of Napoleon's reign?
3. Who attends to Bush's stump?
4. Why is the Count opposed to the current administration?
5. How does Hornblower's interviewer act?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)