|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the casualty count for Hornblower's crew?
(a) Two thirds of her crew are killed or wounded.
(b) All but five of her crew survive with no serious wounds.
(c) About one third of her crew are killed or wounded.
(d) All but five of her crew die in the battle.
2. Why is Hornblower self-conscious?
(a) The deep wound and scarring from a sword cut in the last battle.
(b) Preparing for bed in the presence of other men.
(c) The burn on his face.
(d) His men's deference.
3. What is disgraceful about the French behavior after the English strike their colors?
(a) The French whip Hornblower in front of his and their men.
(b) The French kill any seriously wounded Englishmen.
(c) The French robbed the English.
(d) The French put Hornblower and the other officers in the dungeon.
4. How many French ships do the English manage to destroy?
5. As a final act of compassion, what does the Spanish warden give Hornblower?
(a) A purse of money for the long voyage.
(b) A letter from Hornblower's wife.
(c) A letter to the warden's brother-in-law to help Hornblower.
(d) A testament to Hornblower's honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower's interviewer act?
2. How long has it taken the men to travel about 400 miles?
3. About how far is it to Paris from Rosas?
4. Why do Hornblower and Brown have to drag the boat free?
5. Where is Captain Horatio Hornblower languishing?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)