|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower find envious about Brown?
(a) His fluent French.
(b) His dexterity.
(c) His ability to make friends quickly.
(d) His easy-going nature.
2. Who shares the interviewer's lack of concern for the welfare of those under his supervision?
3. What is remarkable about Hornblower and the battle?
(a) His ship is virtually uninjured.
(b) He is able to kill or wound 10 of the French crew himself alone.
(c) He escapes uninjured.
(d) He could not see because of an eye injury yet still conducted the battle as commander.
4. Where do the men spend their first night in France?
5. How old is Brown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere in France because of Napoleon's reign?
2. How is Bush in the morning?
3. What is the casualty count for Hornblower's crew?
4. How many miles have the men traveled on the first day?
5. As a final act of compassion, what does the Spanish warden give Hornblower?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)